• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MGreenberg

Jim Tressel Resigns

Rate this topic

Apparently there is going to be a big Sports Illustrated article tomorrow on OSU. If it's as bad as it sounds I don't know how the death penalty can't be an option (For the record I don't think they will get that). Rumors are talking about drug trafficking, prostitution, brand new cars for family members, cash from boosters, etc. All sounds like OSU knew about it all too. Wow!!

Apparently there is going to be a big Sports Illustrated article tomorrow on OSU. If it's as bad as it sounds I don't know how the death penalty can't be an option (For the record I don't think they will get that). Rumors are talking about drug trafficking, prostitution, brand new cars for family members, cash from boosters, etc. All sounds like OSU knew about it all too. Wow!!

Can't wait for the SI story. This is a great day. I keep cracking up too at all of my OSU friends talking about Urban Meyer being the next coach. Yeah, just what OSU needs is another slimy coach who probably ran an equally dirty program but bailed Pete Carroll style before the axe dropped. Yeah the guy can win, but so could Tressel and look at what expense it took.

It definitely makes you appreciate the schools that do it right.

Can't wait for the SI story. This is a great day. I keep cracking up too at all of my OSU friends talking about Urban Meyer being the next coach. Yeah, just what OSU needs is another slimy coach who probably ran an equally dirty program but bailed Pete Carroll style before the axe dropped. Yeah the guy can win, but so could Tressel and look at what expense it took.

It definitely makes you appreciate the schools that do it right.

Yeah, too bad that idiot RichRod gave Michigan some problems of there own but at least isn't as bad as letting players you know did something suspension worthy play.

FWIW John Gruden has said he would accept the OSU job if offered. Can't wait to read this forthcoming SI article. I've heard it's supposed to be posted online tonight.

I hope he doesn't. I actually like John Gruden.

FWIW John Gruden has said he would accept the OSU job if offered. Can't wait to read this forthcoming SI article. I've heard it's supposed to be posted online tonight.

If Urban doesn't get it, my first hunch would be Bo Pelini. I honestly don't know how Gruden would handle the grind of recruiting. We also have to keep in mind this may not be a real attractive job depending on the punishment from the NCAA. They surely are going to get it worse than U$C.

The guy strong armed the tat5 into forgoing early entry into the draft to play in the Sugar Bowl then bails on them. Now that's integrity.

He's a dirtbag who got what a dirtbag deserved. If he truly loved tsio he would have done the right thing months ago and resigned.

Terrelle Pryor might be one of the dumbest people on the planet.

Tressel catered to a guy that was overhyped and overrated. I hope he never sees the field again.

Late to the party guys.

The first part of what you said is possibly the truest statement ever spoken.

The second, not so much. He was never gonna live up to that hype. However, he was the MVP of 2 BCS bowls. His worst games were typically in games against poor competition.

This season will be interesting. Hokemania is going strong, we're at our weakest...we'll see. I will say I like Luke Fickell and I hope he gets a fair chance at the job at the end of the year.

PS. 37-7.

Late to the party guys.

The second, not so much. He was never gonna live up to that hype. However, he was the MVP of 2 BCS bowls. His worst games were typically in games against poor competition.

This season will be interesting. Hokemania is going strong, we're at our weakest...we'll see. I will say I like Luke Fickell and I hope he gets a fair chance at the job at the end of the year.

PS. 37-7.

I'm sure I don't know what 37-7 could be referring to, since the game you seem to be referencing doesn't in fact exist in OSU history. Jim Tressel had to lie and cheat to earn that score, you see.

I'm sure I don't know what 37-7 could be referring to, since the game you seem to be referencing doesn't in fact exist in OSU history. Jim Tressel had to lie and cheat to earn that score, you see.

Right, and Michigan didn't go to back to back Final Four's in the 90s.

Not saying it was wrong to expunge those games, but deleting history doesn't mean it didn't happen. Does this also mean I didn't drive up to Wisconin in mid-October and watch us get upset? Because that's something I'd love to forget.

Late to the party guys.

PS. 37-7.

Very fair point. Pryor was terrific in the BCS games. I guess I always felt he didn't live up to the hype partially because he was handcuffed to an extent by Tressel's offense at OSU. Although I think you are exactly right in that he probably would have never lived up to the hype regardless.

The first weekend in September can't get here soon enough.

Right, and Michigan didn't go to back to back Final Four's in the 90s.

Not saying it was wrong to expunge those games, but deleting history doesn't mean it didn't happen. Does this also mean I didn't drive up to Wisconin in mid-October and watch us get upset? Because that's something I'd love to forget.

No, I think you keep the losses :)

Honestly, I do think vacating wins is kinda silly, because everyone knows what happened at the game. But Michigan can't hang the banners anyway. That's the way it is. And the coach knew he was using ineligible players, so it wasn't a level playing field, so I don't know what the right call really is. As long as the NCAA, when they're meting out punishments to schools that run afoul of the rules, doesn't act like vacating games is a real punishment, I'm OK with it. IMO schools that knowingly cheat, like FSU and OSU did, their punishment should be making it harder to win later on, rather than erasing the record book and pretending everything's OK now. Because in the grand scheme of things you're right: people don't care, they know what they watched, and there's a sizable contingent of people (mostly down South) that would willingly break every rule in the book to win even if it meant "vacating" the game later on. Because, y'know, roll damn Tide.