• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Wings sign Nestrasil to Entry Level Contract

Rate this topic

Figured I'd just siphon this from the Nestrasil thread in the prospects section:

Titanium, I have the same mixed bag of emotions like you. on the one hand, Koko IS a regular NHL player that is a legit #1PK guy and net front pressence, but on the other hand.....it's Koko.

Forgot to mention, koko's biggest flaw was he was about as bad of a skater as Holmstrom and Aaron Downey, but Nestrasil is miles ahead at skating than either of those two. Nestrasil is shaping up to be a less streaky Franzen light.

@renhockey

Renaud P Lavoie Andrej Nestrasil (#75 2009 det) 3 years / 1.08 (2 way) 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

I can only laugh ta myself because I went from saying he looks like a less streaky Franzen to saying "Meh" about him being signed now lol

Wings have signed every single draft pick from the 2009 draft class except for Nick Jensen, who the Wings don't have to think about signing until August 2014.

Though, if they had to sign Jensen I bet they would since he's gotten better every year since the draft.

The 2009 draft class has the potential to be one of the more memorable ones in Wings history.

It was a very deep draft for us, but Tatar is the closest thing we have in that draft to a second liner. A2 has a chance to be a top 4 DMan. But 2010 was stacked for us with unbelievable upside in our prospects. Macek is the only guy I don't see being a third liner or higher, all the rest look like second liners to me and Marshall exploded after the draft and looks like a top for offensive DMan. And Mrazek, holy crap did he really explode as well.

I'm really, really intrigued by Nestrasil. He's big, he can hit, he's got skill and can make a good pass. He needs to imrpove his skating and shoot a little more, but there's a fair bit of upside here. I hope he goes to the AHL and is a regular. :thumbup:

As for the 2010 draft, it looks good doesn't it? Jarnkrok is a beauty, Pulkkinen could be anything, I'm really high on Aubry and Mrazek has a fanatstic season. As for the rest, purely time will tell.

Nestrasil, 20, was selected 75th overall and is coming off his best season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. After notching 108 points in 116 games in two seasons with Victoriaville, Nestrasil had 19 goals and 70 points in 58 games for Prince Edward Island. Nestrasil also had one goal and five assists in five playoff games. "He's got good size," Nill said. "He's 6-3, strong in the corners, good hands. Reminds us a little of Tomas Kopecky. His skating has got to get better, but you like everything else about him."

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/21/3644052/red-wings-working-on-deals-with.html#ixzz1NqyTJ4FE

Guest Heaten

This guy will be an NHLer. I think he'll just 'click' in his late 20's to become "another Detroit steal" (ala Franzen). I was really high on this kid when Holland called his name. He's the type of player we need.

I use to be excited about this guy, but after his dismal showing at the WJC, I've lost some hope for this guy.

Meh, small sample size. He has a lot of upside. I havn't seen him play, but I am excited for a chance to see him in GR next year as a pro rookie.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

The Wings can't wait for these guys. These guys are 5 years down the road type of guys. They need a few additions now while they still have Lidstrom at a good level, and Z and Dats in their primes.

The Wings can't wait for these guys. These guys are 5 years down the road type of guys. They need a few additions now while they still have Lidstrom at a good level, and Z and Dats in their primes.

tactical_facepalm.jpg

You should post that in the offseason changes thread.

Nestrasil, a 20 year old Claritin D knock off, was signed to a three year entry level contract today. According to head coach Mike Babcock, "the boys kept rubbing their eyes between January and March when Val Fil's hair is usually pollinated by hummingbirds. Hopefully we won't have that problem anymore."