• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Niklas Kronwall

Rate this topic

We all know that Niklas Kronwall is one amazing defenceman, who has the opportunity to be our number D-Man. With one year left on his contract ( 3Millon ) how much and how long do you think he will resign with the Red Wings ? and the cap hit too.

Do you guys expect Stuart to have the same contract too ?

Kronwall will sign at least a 6 year, if not an 8 year contract for a cap hit of around 4.5 million. It will be front-loaded as usual.

I think it would be wise to lock him up long term, and Datysuk should also sign a contract similar to Zetterberg's cap hit for the remainder of his career.

Stuart, I could see signing a 2-3 year extension as he is a west coast boy, so he may not want to sign a long term contract.

Depending on how he does next season, I could see Kronwall getting between four to four and a half million a year for maybe three to five years.

He's going to get more than that. Around 5.5 for a few years seems more likely unless this next season is an utter disaster for him.

$4-4.5 million cap hit over a long term seems about right. He could get more on the open market but he'll stay here for a front loaded deal, no doubt about it. The reason he won't get more is injuries.

Stuart I think will finish as a Wing for $3.5-4 million a year. He knows he's found his home in hockey here, even if his "home" will be in the west during the summer and when his career winds down. He wouldn't have signed his current deal if the West coast thing was a bigger deal to him than many try to suggest.

Kronwall, Stuart, Eaves, Datsyuk, Cleary and most likely Helm will finish their careers as Red Wings.

$4-4.5 million cap hit over a long term seems about right. He could get more on the open market but he'll stay here for a front loaded deal, no doubt about it. The reason he won't get more is injuries.

Stuart I think will finish as a Wing for $3.5-4 million a year. He knows he's found his home in hockey here, even if his "home" will be in the west during the summer and when his career winds down. He wouldn't have signed his current deal if the West coast thing was a bigger deal to him than many try to suggest.

Kronwall, Stuart, Eaves, Datsyuk, Cleary and most likely Helm will finish their careers as Red Wings.

A very comforting thought.

:)

You forgot about Zetterberg and Franzen !

I didn't forget about Franzen and Z, they're just givens considering they're already signed to lifelong contracts.

I expect Howard to be a Wing for life unless his play tanks out of nowhere, though I doubt it'll happen after his outstanding playoff effort this year. Goalies are definitely in a different class though when it all shakes down.

He's going to get more than that. Around 5.5 for a few years seems more likely unless this next season is an utter disaster for him.

$5.5M is WAY, WAY too much for Kronwall. If you look around the league, there are not that many defenseman getting paid that much money, those that get paid that much are either clearly a step above Kronwall (Lidstrom, Chara, etc.), score more than Kronwall (Visnovsky, Markov, etc.) or are grossly overpaid. Everyone knows the defenseman out there that are making way more than they should be, so comparing Kronwall to some of them and suggesting he should paid the same won't work. There are several top tier defenseman than make a lot less than $5.5M.

It's hard to speculate term, but I'd imagine it will be at least 4 years and the cap hit about 4.5-5.5 a year... obviously that caphit varies with term and if we lock him up to 5+ years, we can probably lower the caphit and lower it again if we add a NMC for at least the first 3-5 years of the deal (always risky in today's cap world though) - I'd also expect Stuart to see a similar deal as Kronwall, so lets hope they both are on board with taking a little less, for longer

Given how closely the NHL is watching those long-term, front end deals, I wouldn't be too shocked to see Kenny sign him on a 3 year & then do another deal once he hits that magic 35+ year old plateau. Regardless, Kronner will end up being a lifer.

Whenever he ends up resigning, I'm pretty sure it will be for the rest of his life.

Of course it will, that's the definition of resign.

I hope he re-signs with the Wings for a long-term contract. Since he's under 35, I'd say lock him up for a good long time so if the injury bug hits him he can resign without his remaining salary counting against us.

As far as per year, I lean towards 4 to 4.5 cap hit.

Get Stuie back too, please and thank you.

Guest Crymson

We all know that Niklas Kronwall is one amazing defenceman, who has the opportunity to be our number D-Man. With one year left on his contract ( 3Millon ) how much and how long do you think he will resign with the Red Wings ? and the cap hit too.

Do you guys expect Stuart to have the same contract too ?

I don't think that Kronwall plans on resigning. He seems to like playing hockey.

Perhaps you meant re-sign?

Of course it will, that's the definition of resign.

I hope he re-signs with the Wings for a long-term contract. Since he's under 35, I'd say lock him up for a good long time so if the injury bug hits him he can resign without his remaining salary counting against us.

As far as per year, I lean towards 4 to 4.5 cap hit.

Get Stuie back too, please and thank you.

:lol:

I was just waiting for someone to bring that to the table...