• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

Yep, you should never try to do anything because it won't work out.

If the Wings had the same attitude they would have never won anything!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#42 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:25 PM

This says it all.

Don't go back on your word.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#43 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Wait, you are citing an article that talks about how Bettman lies all the time that he says we are going to the Wales? Yeah ok. :thumbup: Don't hold your breath.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#44 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

I haven't read this whole discussion so maybe some agree with me on this, but I doubt it. I'm one of the few people who doesn't like a move to the East. People justifiably worry about the wear and tear and travel time for the Wings during the regular season, but I think it actually serves them well in the playoffs when there's no way to avoid a gruelling schedule. For the Wings to be successful in the Western conference means they absolutely must be successful on the road, and that is exactly the same in the playoffs no matter what conference you're in. Over the last decade the Wings have been hockey's most successful organization, regular and post season, and I really feel like the fact that we MUST win on the road and DO win on the road is a huge part of that success. I think teams in the East are often unprepared for the gruel of the playoffs because they don't have much of a taste of it throughout the season. If I had a vote, I'd say Columbus to the East, Minnesota into the central division west.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#45 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

I The west is better than the east, I'd rather the Wings play in the better conference, we have DVR for a reason
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#46 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

I have always been screaming the West is better than the East, and we should play with the big boys. Yet many on here seem to think otherwise.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#47 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

I have always been screaming the West is better than the East, and we should play with the big boys. Yet many on here seem to think otherwise.

I agree with both of the last two posts, and so does the vast majority of sports writers who are all saying "west is best". You don't get ready for the playoffs against the Atlanta's, Florida's, or even Ottawa's of the league.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#48 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

I agree with both of the last two posts, and so does the vast majority of sports writers who are all saying "west is best". You don't get ready for the playoffs against the Atlanta's, Florida's, or even Ottawa's of the league.

You most certainly do not.

#49 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

You most certainly do not.

Jesus Mr. Literal, the point was that it's not good to play a steady schedule of lower quality teams and then try to make a playoff run. Switch Altanta with Toronto if it will help avoid further nit picking.

#50 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Couple things

1) If you have not noticed the Vancouver games since the last round and this one have been aired a lot earlier for the east coast. 5pm PST start time today.

2) Your calling for fans of Detroit to boycot west games so they can move east. Hello those fans who could boycot are in the west why would they boycot so the team they love starts games when they are all at work still?

Edited by Nhurdi, 01 June 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#51 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Yep, you should never try to do anything because it won't work out.

If the Wings had the same attitude they would have never won anything!

hyperbole ftw!

no one is saying that at all. most people just advocate the solution that makes most sense for the league.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#52 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

This says it all.

Don't go back on your word.

No doubt it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I haven't read this whole discussion so maybe some agree with me on this, but I doubt it. I'm one of the few people who doesn't like a move to the East. People justifiably worry about the wear and tear and travel time for the Wings during the regular season, but I think it actually serves them well in the playoffs when there's no way to avoid a gruelling schedule. For the Wings to be successful in the Western conference means they absolutely must be successful on the road, and that is exactly the same in the playoffs no matter what conference you're in. Over the last decade the Wings have been hockey's most successful organization, regular and post season, and I really feel like the fact that we MUST win on the road and DO win on the road is a huge part of that success. I think teams in the East are often unprepared for the gruel of the playoffs because they don't have much of a taste of it throughout the season. If I had a vote, I'd say Columbus to the East, Minnesota into the central division west.

I don't get the travel argument, these guys get first class treatment where ever they go.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#53 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

No doubt it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I don't get the travel argument, these guys get first class treatment where ever they go.

Not that they don't get treated well, but that when they go on long road trips it's a lot of miles, in a lot of cities, a long way from home. Living out of hotels and planes and buses, away from families for long(er) periods of time than they would be if they were in the East. That has traditionally been one of the arguments for going into the Eastern Conference. I wasn't saying that at the end of the analysis I agree and think the Wings should go East, but just that I understand the argument. You're right though, this is a professional sports team, they are accomodated wonderfully I'm sure.

#54 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

It doesn't matter how well you travel, it beats the hell out of you.

I never quite understood it, but it just takes all of your energy out of you and makes you sluggish. There are recent studies that suggest that even sitting for prolonged periods of time makes your body unhealthy.

#55 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

I know that the best way to move mountains is to get a ton of people to move small stones.

In our modern age whenever something needs to get done, it is the masses mobilizing that gets work done.

Now we have a year to make sure we are the team to go east, not Nashville or Columbus. What can we use to get that to happen?

Well the Wings can use their leverage, but that might not be enough to get this done.

The other major tool at our advantage is our fanbase is far larger. We need to use it to make sure the league knows what we can do.

I suggest we use the internet and our brains to figure out a grassroots movement to ensure that we are the team to move east.

The best idea I can come up with is to make ourselves visible in front of the Arena every home game, and every away game with signs visibly demanding a move to the east, as well as events in front of NHL league offices in Toronto and New York.

This means those among us with the means to travel, or living in those markets need to get visible and loud.

I also suggest we start an internet movement pledging to boycott away games in the West if we don't get moved, and pledging to travel to eastern teams if we do. The best goal is to make it seem like the league will lose money if we don't get moved.

Anyone have any other ideas? Does anyone have the abilities to take leadership on this? Does anyone want to see us MOVE EAST!!!!

I have started a tweet thread. #MoveDetroitEast This is the start, Atlanta leaves to go West, Detroit is the only team that deserves to go East. Join us fans!

All you twitter addicts, start tweeting using #MoveDetroitEast and let the league know!

Can anyone get a website going called www.MoveDetroitEast.org or com or whatever?

Edit update: I have established a Facebook page and a twitter movement already!

Join me and like "Move Detroit East" On Facebook!

Tweet about #MoveDetroitEast as much as possible and spread the word we deserve to go east!

Keep up the ideas and effort, remember if social media and protests in the streets can topple dictators, it can topple Bettman!!!

You left off the only 2 that would help. Burn Nashville and Cbus to the ground. The Wings are just to important financially to the west to let them go, and it would leave Chicago the only Original 6 team in the west to boot.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

You left off the only 2 that would help. Burn Nashville and Cbus to the ground. The Wings are just to important financially to the west to let them go, and it would leave Chicago the only Original 6 team in the west to boot.

Why does it seem like the solution to all the problems in the sports world is to burn Columbus to the ground... Maybe Tressel would take the job. :hehe:

Columbus is as far east as the rink I play at in metro Detroit, so that is a dumb reason.

Nashville is in the Central, so that that also shouldn't matter.

If you want the most sense, it is Detroit. I don't get why Winnipeg can't fill the void. Since they are selling tickets that are third most expensive, why can't they compete?>

In fact the league tried to make rivals out of nobodies before with the whole more division games concept. Why not let the same reasoning say that without us here, Nashville will fill our role and become Chicago's rival?

#57 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Reminder, the tweets have made an impact on some of the sports writers. It would make a bigger impact if more people did the same.

#MoveDetroitEast Tweet at anyone who cares about hockey if you want the team to go East!

#58 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:43 AM

NHL to decide in December

Does anyone have any idea how to give input to them so they don't make an awful choice that ruins the playoffs by making a weirder regular season?

I really think they should go with the simple solution, even if it means we don't go East.

Of course, we should have dibs and go east anyways...

#59 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

NHL to decide in December

Does anyone have any idea how to give input to them so they don't make an awful choice that ruins the playoffs by making a weirder regular season?

I really think they should go with the simple solution, even if it means we don't go East.

Of course, we should have dibs and go east anyways...

The tone of this article isn't good. This is the Wings big chance an if doesn't happen, we are all going to be pissed.
Do or do not. There is no try

#60 zetsyuk

zetsyuk

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Keep the wings in the west, but once playoffs start seed the league from 1 to 16 with the division winners getting the top bids. Two divisions in each conference is probably best. That way any matchup is possible for the finals and the travel isnt biased during the playoffs. Wings will still be in the stronger conference during the regular season. Opens it up for some interesting SCF matchups. Just a thought.