• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Majsheppard

What can be done to go East?

Rate this topic

I think East or West has its pros and cons. I also don't think anything we do will affect the decision. It's kind of a contradiction to be such a diehard fan of team that you would boycott going to their games. That wouldn't make you a fan at all, actually. It's also kind of an empty threat seeing as if the team does stay West, the league knows people would eventually go back to the games if they just wait it out and do nothing.

Let's just see what happens. It would definitely be an interesting spin to see us going East.

I personally love the late games that I get to watch, but I know that it's a major advantage especially in the playoffs for the team to not have to travel outside of their timezone. I think a major contribution to the 2008 Cup win and their near flawless play was the fact they never went further than the Central time zone in all 3 rounds (NSH, COL, DAL)

Edited by T-Ruff

http://watch.tsn.ca/clip540742#clip540742

Interestingly, it sounds like the Wings have said they might stay in the West, if they reduce the number of trips to the west coast.

I don't understand this concession.... Does that mean we have fewer games against Western opponents? Or does it mean we have more home games than away games? Will this mean other teams get the same type of schedules? Or does that mean that we get the best schedule out of any team in the league?

THESE ARE EPIC QUESTIONS!!!

Could you imagine a 52 game home schedule?!?!?!

The article I linked said "four division format is very much in play for 2012-13, with the four divisions being, according to Ottawa Sun reporter Bruce Garrioch, the Pacific, Midwest, East and South. In this proposed format, teams would play a balanced schedule and the top four teams from each division would make the playoffs."

Another article I read which I can't find atm said that they would play each team in the league a home and home series, then the remainder of the games are vs only those teams in their division. This would accomplish the 1 western road trip mentioned.

Here is the divisions based on the one article I linked earlier in a visual format.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/508/divisionalchairs.jpg/

Maybe a concession in the form of a "home & away" game series with each of the Original 6 opponents (with of course an exception towards Chicago), and then maybe less # of games against opponents such as Nashville/Columbus/St.Louis/Minnesota/Colorado/Dallas/etc/etc?

Surface level, the thing that comes to mind first would be replacing the 2nd road game against every team not in our division in the West with a road game against a team in the East.