• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

i thought after this season the jets will move to the west where they should be and the wings will move east?

That's the plan though I could be shocked to see Columbus move east either.

#82 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

http://watch.tsn.ca/...0742#clip540742

Interestingly, it sounds like the Wings have said they might stay in the West, if they reduce the number of trips to the west coast.

#83 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

Are we still talking about this? Why it isn't going to happen. Let it go.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#84 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

http://watch.tsn.ca/clip540742#clip540742

Interestingly, it sounds like the Wings have said they might stay in the West, if they reduce the number of trips to the west coast.

I don't understand this concession.... Does that mean we have fewer games against Western opponents? Or does it mean we have more home games than away games? Will this mean other teams get the same type of schedules? Or does that mean that we get the best schedule out of any team in the league?

THESE ARE EPIC QUESTIONS!!!

Could you imagine a 52 game home schedule?!?!?!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#85 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

I don't understand this concession.... Does that mean we have fewer games against Western opponents? Or does it mean we have more home games than away games? Will this mean other teams get the same type of schedules? Or does that mean that we get the best schedule out of any team in the league?

THESE ARE EPIC QUESTIONS!!!

Could you imagine a 52 game home schedule?!?!?!

Maybe a concession in the form of a "home & away" game series with each of the Original 6 opponents (with of course an exception towards Chicago), and then maybe less # of games against opponents such as Nashville/Columbus/St.Louis/Minnesota/Colorado/Dallas/etc/etc?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#86 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

The article I linked said "four division format is very much in play for 2012-13, with the four divisions being, according to Ottawa Sun reporter Bruce Garrioch, the Pacific, Midwest, East and South. In this proposed format, teams would play a balanced schedule and the top four teams from each division would make the playoffs."

Another article I read which I can't find atm said that they would play each team in the league a home and home series, then the remainder of the games are vs only those teams in their division. This would accomplish the 1 western road trip mentioned.

Here is the divisions based on the one article I linked earlier in a visual format.

http://imageshack.us...onalchairs.jpg/

#87 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

Maybe a concession in the form of a "home & away" game series with each of the Original 6 opponents (with of course an exception towards Chicago), and then maybe less # of games against opponents such as Nashville/Columbus/St.Louis/Minnesota/Colorado/Dallas/etc/etc?

Surface level, the thing that comes to mind first would be replacing the 2nd road game against every team not in our division in the West with a road game against a team in the East.