• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Paul MacLean interviews for Senators Job

Rate this topic

I've got to believe the Sens can find someone more qualified

...but if they can't, then who? I know Cheli's and Hitch's names have been thrown around for defense, but what about Larry Murphy? I wonder if there is any kind of out clause in his FSN contract for something like this?

On offense... uh... probably no way Shanahan would want it. Think someone like Pat Verbeek would be any good? I know he scouted for us for a while. Ciccarelli would probably know how to beat a system into players' heads (harharhar).

None of those names really sit right with me...

Guest Hatethedrake!

what about Hudler ?

Hudler can't be a coach. He's not tall enough to see over the players when he stands behind the bench.

I've got to believe the Sens can find someone more qualified

...but if they can't, then who? I know Cheli's and Hitch's names have been thrown around for defense, but what about Larry Murphy? I wonder if there is any kind of out clause in his FSN contract for something like this?

On offense... uh... probably no way Shanahan would want it. Think someone like Pat Verbeek would be any good? I know he scouted for us for a while. Ciccarelli would probably know how to beat a system into players' heads (harharhar).

None of those names really sit right with me...

you're Right, Shanahan Wouldnt want it, I think he likes working in the NHL office. and Im not sure Murph wants to do coaching, I have never heard an expression to be a coach i think he likes commentary on Fsn.

Verbeek is an amazing player but question would be, would he want it? Cheli would be a great pick! no one i think would be more deserving, and we know Hitch is good.

I just feel I could somehow blame Filppula for this but I am just not seeing how.....

...Seriously though, the wings, if they lose him, will be a much different team come October, whether its for the better not is up to what Holland does on and after July 1st.

If Hitch somehow doesn't find a job let him spend a year here ;)

It would also be awesome to see Fischer behind the bench though I have no idea if this is simply a pipe dream

Hitchcock on D and Larionov to coach the Fwds.

FTW!

I am glad I read the responses before I just threw Larionov out there! He would be awesome as an offense coach, who in the world has a better brain for Hockey that is not named Bowman? If Hitchcock goes the Jersey Shore then Boughner... I have always loved to see Larionov and Fetisov as our asst. coachs, now that would be a dream!