• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

James Wisniewski

Rate this topic

just found out that wisniewski's uncle bily dea played for the wings back in the 70s. bily dea also served as assistant coach and interim head coach in the 80s for the wings. all the more reason to love the wizzzzzzzz

I get the feeling that it would be either a perfect fit or a disaster with no in between.

That is why I would hope it is on major discount that we bring him in. Give us the opportunity to make other moves.

I also wish we would hire our defensive coach already so we can figure out exactly what type of players would help our our long term system. Maybe see who that coach has ties to...

I get the feeling that it would be either a perfect fit or a disaster with no in between.

That is why I would hope it is on major discount that we bring him in. Give us the opportunity to make other moves.

I also wish we would hire our defensive coach already so we can figure out exactly what type of players would help our our long term system. Maybe see who that coach has ties to...

Why do you think he'll be a disaster?

Derian Hatcher says hello

Hatcher was a snail who made his living off of cheap shots, and being called a great defensive defenseman because he was willing to commit several penalties per shift to the point where the refs couldn't justify it to themselves to calling him regularly. Due to this he went from being a considered a goon to a top defenseman. He came to the Wings, even though he couldn't skate and had no puck skills, which put him so far outside of the Wings' system he couldn't even be effective. Wisniewski is a good skater with a good shot and puck skills. He doesn't fit in as well as Rafalski, but Ehrhoff might be the only UFA match who does.

Tuesday will also begin two days of meetings where Detroit’s hierarchy will pepper their pro coaching staff. At the conclusion of these meeting, the Wings game plan should come together. The Red Wings will have their list of targeted unrestricted free agents (UFA), candid assessments of players they may be interested in trading for (Zach Bogosian?), how much they’re willing to pay their own UFA, and what they’re looking for in the upcoming draft.

Expect the Wings to go after UFA and Michigan native James Wisniewski. He’s a right-handed shot (which Detroit desperately needs), only 27 years-old, has a mean streak, offensive skill (51 points last season) and he should be affordable.

MLive’s Ansar Khan believes that the Wings’ ideal and possibly only candidate to replace Rafalski is Wisniewski, who Khan believes would fill several voids…

Wisniewski appears to be the most logical choice, for a variety of reasons:

—He can move the puck, produce offensively and play the point on the power play.

—He plays with an edge despite his modest size (5-foot-11, 208 pounds).

—He’s young (27), with his best years ahead of him.

—He shoots right-handed.

—He was born in Canton and played junior hockey with the Plymouth Whalers.

Wisniewski made $3.25 million last season, when he posted career highs in goals (10), assists (41) and points (51), splitting the season between the New York Islanders and Montreal. He tallied 29 points on the power play. Only Lidstrom had more power-play points (39) among this year’s unrestricted free-agent defensemen.

What will it take to sign him? Perhaps a four- or five-year deal in the range of $4.5 million a season.

Sign this guy up Kenny The Wiz is EXACTLY what this team needs on the back end.

Wiz>>>>>every other FA D man

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/red_wings_mid-day_news_maclean_joins_sens_on_the_organizational_meetings_an/

And for s***s and giggles

The club has increased its offer to Ericsson to slightly more than $2 million per season, but he might seek a better deal elsewhere.

LOLZ

Ericsson isn't even worth 1.5M hope he gets an offer he can't refuse from ANOTHER team..

Ericsson isn't even worth 1.5M hope he gets an offer he can't refuse from ANOTHER team..

Yeah, I was sort of bummed to read that the Wings had increased their offer. At this point, I think I'd rather see that money go elsewhere. I'm also softening up on the idea of Wisniewski, I'm not against grit - I'm just not for boneheadedness. I imagine he'll curtail whatever he's got left in him, though, once he dons the Winged Wheel.

And someone will have to put an end to WizWear.

i'm a huge fan of ansar khan and i am very excited to see that he likes wiz as a replacement for rafalski.

:thumbup:

SOLD

Check that Doan hit out on youtube, it's really nasty. If Wiz brings that kind of edge to Detroit we're all the better for it. Plus, if he can do it to Doan he can sure as hell do it it Thornton, Marleau, Heatley, etc.

I still think paying more than 4/4.5 for Wiz will be overpaying, but as long as we don't overpay too much, I'd be ok with us overpaying a little for him (maybe upwards of 5.5 at this point) and I think Wiz would be a great addition to the team...

I also want them to let Ericsson walk and this is coming from an Ericsson supporter. He is worth 1.5, but no more and I'd much rather have Steve Montador, than Ericsson at this point, even if we overpay for him to and it's at the same caphit (in all reality, Montador should be able to be had for about 1.75 or less)

I still think paying more than 4/4.5 for Wiz will be overpaying, but as long as we don't overpay too much, I'd be ok with us overpaying a little for him (maybe upwards of 5.5 at this point) and I think Wiz would be a great addition to the team...

I also want them to let Ericsson walk and this is coming from an Ericsson supporter. He is worth 1.5, but no more and I'd much rather have Steve Montador, than Ericsson at this point, even if we overpay for him to and it's at the same caphit (in all reality, Montador should be able to be had for about 1.75 or less)

Never thought about Montador, he isn't any worse than salei or ericsson plus he plays with an edge, blocks a TON of shots and can PK. He also can put up 20-25pts and is a right handed shot which should make some people happy.

Montador, Wizneiwski and one S. Thorton or konopka and maybe a project like wolski or zherdev, hudler traded would make my offseason.

FapFapFapFapFapFapFapFap

Never thought about Montador, he isn't any worse than salei or ericsson plus he plays with an edge, blocks a TON of shots and can PK. He also can put up 20-25pts and is a right handed shot which should make some people happy.

Montador, Wizneiwski and one S. Thorton or konopka and maybe a project like wolski or zherdev, hudler traded would make my offseason.

FapFapFapFapFapFapFapFap

We're basically on the same page, the only difference for me, is that I want Cody McCormick added for that sandpaper element up front and I'm not quite ready to give up on Hudler yet, unless we somehow can land Wolski, but that story still needs to play itself out, before that's even an option... my perfect off season would be to bring on Gallant as O coach, sign Wiz, Montador and McCormick and anything after that would be gravy...

We're basically on the same page, the only difference for me, is that I want Cody McCormick added for that sandpaper element up front and I'm not quite ready to give up on Hudler yet, unless we somehow can land Wolski, but that story still needs to play itself out, before that's even an option... my perfect off season would be to bring on Gallant as O coach, sign Wiz, Montador and McCormick and anything after that would be gravy...

+1

Totally forgot about McCormick, he is definitely on my radar, plus he is from my hometown which makes it even better. Hudler I could give or take, he could be gone or stay, makes no difference to me other than I would prefer to see him moved.

Wiz AND Montador could be a stretch, who knows what Kenny will do, but I think Wiz is very likely. McCormick is realistic too, but I could see Holland deciding to stick with Miller over a scrappy 4th liner...

+1

Totally forgot about McCormick, he is definitely on my radar, plus he is from my hometown which makes it even better. Hudler I could give or take, he could be gone or stay, makes no difference to me other than I would prefer to see him moved.

Wiz AND Montador could be a stretch, who knows what Kenny will do, but I think Wiz is very likely. McCormick is realistic too, but I could see Holland deciding to stick with Miller over a scrappy 4th liner...

Agreed completely... I think realistically what we will see, will be one big FA signing(hopefully Wiz), re-sign of Ericsson and re-sign of Miller... but in a hopeful world, all 3 above(or even 2 of 3) is what I'm still hoping for, even though I know it's a stretch and the reality of it actually happening is probably pretty slim...

Wisniewski would be a great addition to this team. Watching how the Canadiens play there defensive trap game, his game is not at 100%. I would mind paying him Wisnieski for a solid defensive with an excellent offensive upside. His speed could help us out a lot specially after Rafalski's departure.

Yeah, I was sort of bummed to read that the Wings had increased their offer. At this point, I think I'd rather see that money go elsewhere. I'm also softening up on the idea of Wisniewski, I'm not against grit - I'm just not for boneheadedness. I imagine he'll curtail whatever he's got left in him, though, once he dons the Winged Wheel.

And someone will have to put an end to WizWear.

I really don't understand where this comes from, in 75 games last season he only had 38 PIM's... He has has ONE season where he had more than 100 PIM's that was 103 in Chicago...All others were 36, 39, 30, 56 and last season's 38 PIM's... In 329 career games he has 302 PIM's and 103 of those came in one 68 game season... I don't believe he takes stupid penalties at all... At least not to the point to where he can be labeled.