• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

James Wisniewski

Rate this topic

I really love all the "love" for Wiz on here now. If this deal does come tho fruition and he signs long term, I will be very proud that I (amongst a few others) was one of the first ones to suggest singing him way back near the start of the new year! Of course I would have to fins my post from way back then to prove this, but I will just say it as fact. Not that I am gloating, but it would be sweet if FINALLY Holland signed somebody that I was hoping for, for a long time! Anyhow, Get It Done!

edit: I first mentioned siging him on February 11th, 2011 in a thread called the Dreger Report. I also mention back in October that I wished the Wings would've drafted him in 2002 instead of.....hudler :puke:

Edited by LeftWinger

I think if the WIngs offer a 5mil cap hit, we'd get him because we'd be outpaying everyone. For a 6 year contract, I think that'd be a solid investment, although Montreal fans do say he is only a 3-4 guy and not a 1-2 guy...

I think if the WIngs offer a 5mil cap hit, we'd get him because we'd be outpaying everyone. For a 6 year contract, I think that'd be a solid investment, although Montreal fans do say he is only a 3-4 guy and not a 1-2 guy...

My biggest fear is overpaying someone who is supposed to be a "1-2 guy" and he turns out to be a "3-4 guy". I would have said before both assistants left that we could turn him into a 1-2 but now, we have no idea. Apparently Ken is making Babcock make a decision as well as Lids before the awards at the end of next week. Depending on who we get as assistants would determine whether or not we take him. I wouldn't be surprised for some teams to match if not raise our offer for a short period of time. There are a lot more teams out there with higher caps. I would love to have Wiz in the Winged Wheel, just at this point, I am unsure of everything until we get coaches.

Do the montreal fans think he is worth the risk as 1-2 guy? Or are they saying for safe measure, put him as a 3-4 guy?

try to get hime for 4-4.75mill. anything over 5 mil and he can walk imo. i want him bad, but not that bad. we still need money for a lidstrom replacement. he shouldn't be making more than kronner when he gets his new contract, and i think we all agreed he'd command less than 5 mil as well.

He is from here but has been training locally and hinting to some of my buddies' buddies (so yeah, kind of like a 4th person twitter account of my own ;) ) that he would love to play here. I can see it being the most logical fit and would welcome a player like him with open freakin' arms. July 1st loooooooooms.

Edited by HankthaTank

No, he is not a 1-2 guy, but if he is #4 paired up with Nick Lidstrom at #3, then he is gonna be super here. Stuart/Kronwall are your 1-2 guys, Lids (if he re-signs) is going to see less ice this year than he has in a long time. But a top 4 of Stuart/Kronwall - Lidstrom/Wisniewski is about as good as any team can ask for. Sure there are better pairs out there (Weber/Suter come to mind) but listing a top 4 that is better than that would be hard to find...

No, he is not a 1-2 guy, but if he is #4 paired up with Nick Lidstrom at #3, then he is gonna be super here. Stuart/Kronwall are your 1-2 guys, Lids (if he re-signs) is going to see less ice this year than he has in a long time. But a top 4 of Stuart/Kronwall - Lidstrom/Wisniewski is about as good as any team can ask for. Sure there are better pairs out there (Weber/Suter come to mind) but listing a top 4 that is better than that would be hard to find...

Weber/Suter isnt comparable. thats probablly the best pair in the league. Stuart/Kronwall is a sick pair thou. I don't see how wizzy can possibly play poorly here if he gets paired on the second line with Lidstrom. thats a perfect fit for an up and coming Michigan boy. I mean the kid grew up watching the best defensemen in the world win championships on his hometown team, playing with lids as his partner for detroit must be a dream come true for him. Itd be for me if i was in his position.

try to get hime for 4-4.75mill. anything over 5 mil and he can walk imo. i want him bad, but not that bad. we still need money for a lidstrom replacement. he shouldn't be making more than kronner when he gets his new contract, and i think we all agreed he'd command less than 5 mil as well.

I happen to believe that Kronwall will get $6M and Stuart will get $5M, add that with Wisniewski at about $5M. You could also try to get Suter for $6M-$7M... Then with Kindl/Smith and someone like Janik for the 7th D, you have roughly $26M in your D corps. Which gives you roughly $38M for your forwards, $21M is already commited, that gives you $17M to sign/re-sign/call up forawrds. You'd have Abdelkader/Helm/Miller/Eaves/Holmstrom/Bertuzzi set to become RFAs/UFAs respectively. I expect Holland would get Abby/Helm for about $2.5M combined. Emmerton and Mursak would be here on their current deals, so Holland would just have to decide on Miller/Eaves (again) and have Tatar and another UFA and/or prospect to make-up the 13/14 forwards. That is if the Cap doesn't move too much from the projected $63.5M it will be this year...(if there is a Cap.)

Heck, I say this July reward Miller/Eaves with at least two year deals at about $1.8M combined, that would be less to worry about next off season.... You might even be able to offer Suter even more too! The Wings are sitting very pretty right now for next year IF Lidstrom plays only one more...That is why one year offers to a few aging vets makes a lot of sense this year to get that Cup now!

Edited by LeftWinger

I happen to believe that Kronwall will get $6M and Stuart will get $5M, add that with Wisniewski at about $5M. You could also try to get Suter for $6M-$7M... Then with Kindl/Smith and someone like Janik for the 7th D, you have roughly $26M in your D corps. Which gives you roughly $38M for your forwards, $21M is already commited, that gives you $17M to sign/re-sign/call up forawrds. You'd have Abdelkader/Helm/Miller/Eaves/Holmstrom/Bertuzzi set to become RFAs/UFAs respectively. I expect Holland would get Abby/Helm for about $2.5M combined. Emmerton and Mursak would be here on their current deals, so Holland would just have to decide on Miller/Eaves (again) and have Tatar and another UFA and/or prospect to make-up the 13/14 forwards. That is if the Cap doesn't move too much from the projected $63.5M it will be this year...(if there is a Cap.)

Heck, I say this July reward Miller/Eaves with at least two year deals at about $1.8M combined, that would be less to worry about next off season.... You might even be able to offer Suter even more too! The Wings are sitting very pretty right now for next year IF Lidstrom plays only one more...That is why one year offers to a few aging vets makes a lot of sense this year to get that Cup now!

:clap: :clap: :clap: +1

^ we do need to get that cup while we still got the talent. i feel like our teams so old now, were going to have to rebuild at some point. seems inevitable. dead wings scares me...alot

Who is old besides Lidstrom? Players 35 and above:

Lidstrom

Modano

Draper

Osgood

Holmstrom

Rafalski

Salei

Bertuzzi

Who is signed for next year:

Holmstrom

Bertuzzi

Who *might* be back:

Lidstrom

So we may have 3 guys over 35 for next year. I fail to see how we are old...

Who is old besides Lidstrom? Players 35 and above:

Lidstrom

Modano

Draper

Osgood

Holmstrom

Rafalski

Salei

Bertuzzi

Who is signed for next year:

Holmstrom

Bertuzzi

Who *might* be back:

Lidstrom

So we may have 3 guys over 35 for next year. I fail to see how we are old...

we have the highest average age in the nhl.

you cant say that fersure. if holland does indeed bring in more vets, we'll be in the same position as this/last season.... damn jagr.

You're right, we can't make any assumptions. So next year under contract over 35 are two players. Two players over 35 years of age isn't old. And even with 8 players 35 or over last season, we were only the oldest team by an average of 1 year of age.

You're right, we can't make any assumptions. So next year under contract over 35 are two players. Two players over 35 years of age isn't old. And even with 8 players 35 or over last season, we were only the oldest team by an average of 1 year of age.

lol still the oldest team in the league.