• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

James Wisniewski

Rate this topic

I think the Vancouver defense was exposed against Boston. You can blame some bad goals on Luongo, but he needs help. Bieska and Ehrhoff and the boys hung him out to dry more than a few times. No thanks to Bieska over Wiz, if Holland signed both then cool, but the obvious choice is obvious... Wisniewski! (plus he is right handed)

SOmeone will overpay for Bieska, that someone shouldn't be Holland...

You'd have Abdelkader/Helm/Miller/Eaves/Holmstrom/Bertuzzi set to become RFAs/UFAs respectively.

Hudler also turns UFA at that point. I understand you don't like Hudler... but is it just that you simply don't notice anything about him? That's probably what it is; you have some psychological trauma related to the drafting of Hudler, which causes you to be unable to see him or any information about him except in an argument.

They have doctors who can fix those conditions.

Hudler also turns UFA at that point. I understand you don't like Hudler... but is it just that you simply don't notice anything about him? That's probably what it is; you have some psychological trauma related to the drafting of Hudler, which causes you to be unable to see him or any information about him except in an argument.

They have doctors who can fix those conditions.

I'm guessing being condescending is one of those treatments?

Either Bieksa or Wisniewski would be alright options with me

I would love both actually.

I think the Vancouver defense was exposed against Boston. You can blame some bad goals on Luongo, but he needs help. Bieska and Ehrhoff and the boys hung him out to dry more than a few times. No thanks to Bieska over Wiz, if Holland signed both then cool, but the obvious choice is obvious... Wisniewski! (plus he is right handed)

SOmeone will overpay for Bieska, that someone shouldn't be Holland...

I thought Bieska was their best defenseman. They might have won if they didn't have the injuries, or if the Sedins played well, or if Rome didn't make the biggest mistake ever and destroy Horton...

with the cap going up so much, could MTL afford to re-sign this kid?

They very well could money wise, but he was only there part of a season and doesn't have any roots there... I think the Wings have a better chance of signing him than Montreal does of retaining him dollar for dollar, now if Montreal offers up more than Detroit is willing to, then it becomes a different story...

Markov as a Red Wing could very well be Holland's 2nd choice of Dman come July 1st.

Not more than a few years ago Markov was considered by most critics as 1 of the top 10 Dmen in the league (many felt top 5)...Obviously his multiple knee injuries have become a major set-back in his pro career.

I for one wouldn't mind a healthy Markov on the Wings.

It would very much be high risk, high reward.

I'd take Hamrlik over Markov. You know Hamrlik will be healthy and stay healthy and he would put up around the same amount of points.

I would rather take a gamble on Markov than Hamrlik, the reward is much higher if it pays off, with that said, I wouldn't be comfortable with them signing either of them to big money... I wouldn't want either though really to be honest, give me Wiz or Bieksa and Montador and the defense position is stronger here than it's been in a couple years...

I too like Hamrlik, but I dunno if he's a top 4 guy any more...Now as a replacement for Ericsson (meaning he'll get anywhere from 16 to 20 min a night) - hell yes!

Wiz & the Hammer please, and thank you Mr. Holland.

Well yah, that's what I was going for. Wiz for the top 4 role and then Hammer for the back end role. He'd put up as much points as Markov, command less, and stay healthy the entire season. I don't see why you'd turn that down.

Well yah, that's what I was going for. Wiz for the top 4 role and then Hammer for the back end role. He'd put up as much points as Markov, command less, and stay healthy the entire season. I don't see why you'd turn that down.

Hamrlik wouldn't take MUCH less, at 3M or so (which I have to imagine is the minimum he'll be looking to get, coming off of a 5.5M a year contract) AND considering that he's already over 35, so it'd be a 35+ contract (I also imagine he'll be looking for at least a 2yr deal), would you still take Hamrlik over, say Steve Montador, at ≤2M?

Also, keep in mind that this is for our 3rd pairing, not top 4, and the role said player would be expected to fill...

Edited by stevkrause

I would rather take a gamble on Markov than Hamrlik, the reward is much higher if it pays off, with that said, I wouldn't be comfortable with them signing either of them to big money... I wouldn't want either though really to be honest, give me Wiz or Bieksa and Montador and the defense position is stronger here than it's been in a couple years...

Markov has "averaged" 43 games a season the past 3 years while Hamrlik has averaged 78 games. Markov has "averaged" 33 points a season the past 3 seasons while Hamrlik has averaged 31 points a season.

Markov has had 5 seasons out of 10 where he was able to stay healthy compared to 14 healthy seasons out of 18 for Hamrlik. Not to mention Hamrlik is subjectively better at defense and still throwing massive checks. I'll take Hamrlik and his 75+ games a season and 30+ points over Markov and his 7-70 games and his 35-60 points.

Plus, sounds like Markov will stay a Canadien:

Markov's agent, Don Meehan, said he and Gauthier are working on a deal for Markov and they will meet this week at the NHL entry draft in Minnesota. The 32-year-old Markov is coming off a long-term deal that paid him an average of $5.75 million. He has been the Canadiens' best defenceman, but he has been injured in each of the past two seasons and has undergone three major surgeries.

3 major surgeries the past two season...do not want...

We all have our preferences, and I'd prefer a guy who will be healthy and produce offensively and be a bruiser on the back end over a guy who may play 3/4 of the games and will command a much higher cap hit.

Hamrlik wouldn't take MUCH less, at 3M or so (which I have to imagine is the minimum he'll be looking to get, coming off of a 5.5M a year contract) AND considering that he's already over 35, so it'd be a 35+ contract (I also imagine he'll be looking for at least a 2yr deal), would you still take Hamrlik over, say Steve Montador, at ≤2M?

Also, keep in mind that this is for our 3rd pairing, not top 4, and the role said player would be expected to fill...

I'd take Montie over both of them, for the right price. But speaking strictly about Markov and Hamrlik, I'd take Hamrlik. Also, if it's for the 5th/6th Dman, i'd take the better defensive player who also clears the crease aka Hamrlik over Markov.

I don't see Markov taking less than 5.5mil while I can see Hamrlik taking less than 3.5mil due to his age, and I can also see him accepting one year deals.

Edited by Konnan511

Markov has "averaged" 43 games a season the past 3 years while Hamrlik has averaged 78 games. Markov has "averaged" 33 points a season the past 3 seasons while Hamrlik has averaged 31 points a season.

Markov has had 5 seasons out of 10 where he was able to stay healthy compared to 14 healthy seasons out of 18 for Hamrlik. Not to mention Hamrlik is subjectively better at defense and still throwing massive checks. I'll take Hamrlik and his 75+ games a season and 30+ points over Markov and his 7-70 games and his 35-60 points.

Plus, sounds like Markov will stay a Canadien:

3 major surgeries the past two season...do not want...

We all have our preferences, and I'd prefer a guy who will be healthy and produce offensively and be a bruiser on the back end over a guy who may play 3/4 of the games and will command a much higher cap hit.

I'd take Montie over both of them, for the right price. But speaking strictly about Markov and Hamrlik, I'd take Hamrlik. Also, if it's for the 5th/6th Dman, i'd take the better defensive player who also clears the crease aka Hamrlik over Markov.

I don't see Markov taking less than 5.5mil while I can see Hamrlik taking less than 3.5mil due to his age, and I can also see him accepting one year deals.

I know he's not a flashy player, or a "sexy" signing, but I really want Montador in the Winged Wheel and think he could be a major steal for us, not to mention how amazingly he'd compliment Kindl and/or Ericsson if they re-sign him too, he'd REALLY be a steadying presence back there on that 3rd pairing...

Markov's durability is obviously a MAJOR concern, but Hamrlik's age concerns me as well, I guess what I'm getting at, is apples to apples, same price tag, I'd rather gamble on Markov, than go with the more sure move in Hamrlik... with that said, I definitely see your point on why you'd prefer Hamrlik over Markov if it was a choice between those 2, I guess it's just a preference thing at that point...

I know he's not a flashy player, or a "sexy" signing, but I really want Montador in the Winged Wheel and think he could be a major steal for us, not to mention how amazingly he'd compliment Kindl and/or Ericsson if they re-sign him too, he'd REALLY be a steadying presence back there on that 3rd pairing...

Markov's durability is obviously a MAJOR concern, but Hamrlik's age concerns me as well, I guess what I'm getting at, is apples to apples, same price tag, I'd rather gamble on Markov, than go with the more sure move in Hamrlik... with that said, I definitely see your point on why you'd prefer Hamrlik over Markov if it was a choice between those 2, I guess it's just a preference thing at that point...

If we could get Montie for 2.2mil or less to be our 4th/5th DMan I'd be happy. That's a move I'd prefer over signing Hammer and Markov. This is all of course if Holland dumps Salei and Ericsson, which I hope to God he does.

If we could get Montie for 2.2mil or less to be our 4th/5th DMan I'd be happy. That's a move I'd prefer over signing Hammer and Markov. This is all of course if Holland dumps Salei and Ericsson, which I hope to God he does.

I'm an unapologetic Ericsson supporter and think he gets WAY too much heat for the role he is in here, but I personally think as soon as he raised his price tag over 2m, it was time to let him walk... I think it's all but a certainty at this point that Salei is not being offered a contract unless it's a 2-way deal...

I'm an unapologetic Ericsson supporter and think he gets WAY too much heat for the role he is in here, but I personally think as soon as he raised his price tag over 2m, it was time to let him walk... I think it's all but a certainty at this point that Salei is not being offered a contract unless it's a 2-way deal...

I was for Ericsson to come back at 1.5mil or under. But no way in hell is he worth more than that. Lebda thought he was worth more outside of Detroit and Ericsson will be the new whippin' boy of some other team hopefully as well.

I was for Ericsson to come back at 1.5mil or under. But no way in hell is he worth more than that. Lebda thought he was worth more outside of Detroit and Ericsson will be the new whippin' boy of some other team hopefully as well.

I actually think Ericsson would thrive in quite a few other systems where he was allowed to be a swing-guy ala Mike Green and essentially play as a 4th forward... I even think he would thrive here playing as an offensive dman and being paired with a more stay at home partner, but unfortunately, up to this point, we haven't had an abundance of those for him to play with... look how he did with Lilja when Lilja was healthy...

no one and I mean NO one should be compared to Lebda, that's just down right cruel...