• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#61 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

give me Wisniewski, Pitkanen and Jussi Jokinen. That is all. Boom.
be about it!

#62 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Agreed, but these are men, and If someone offered me 5.5 million and someone offered me 3.75mil...I'd take the 5.5 mil 11 out of 10 times. Unless of course, it was my favorite team in the city I became a man in, then I'd be more loyal to them ;).

Plus, there are a lot of teams that are only missing two or three key signings that would put them over the hump and make them legitament cup contenders. Look at Nashville, one or two more forwards and they are a Stanley Cup team, plus they have like 60 mil in cap space to play with.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. They have a long way to go before they are the best team in the league. They had a total of (2) 20-goal scorers last year. Compare that to Vancouver who won the President's trophy - they had (2) 40 goal scorers, a 26, a 19 and an 18.

I guess if Nashville picks us a couple of 40 goal scorers, you would be correct. How many 40 goal scorers are on the market?
Do or do not. There is no try

#63 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

meaning offensive numbers buddy

Offense numbers are all there is to hockey.

No lies.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#64 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

I'd dig it.

#65 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

meaning offensive numbers buddy

When Rafalski came here, he already was a proven player that could put up offensive numbers. Wisniewski has put up good numbers for 1 season. That being said, I think that Wisniewski has a better upside to him being in the prime of his career now. I just don't think we should overpay for him. 4 mil a season would be about the limit I would look at for a player like him. Especially with only 70+ games played for 1 season. Durability is a factor.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#66 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

I'd be open to signing him.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#67 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

Me too. Man... 6 mile is just full of them chickenheads. Which one did you pick? I'm a fan of Trixie and sometimes Lolita.

...Oh is that not what you meant?

LGW, where a thread about a possible FA d-man signing can turn into a joke about prostitution! kudos!

:lol:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#68 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

I see your Wisniewski and Jokinen, I rasie you a Jovanovski...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#69 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

I see your Wisniewski and Jokinen, I rasie you a Jovanovski...

Thats disgusting.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thats disgusting.

I'm sorry, I meant to say, Give me Weber, Richards and trade Hudler for Ovechkin... :rolleyes:

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#71 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Would be ecstatic if this happened

#72 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

I'm sorry, I meant to say, Give me Weber, Richards and trade Hudler for Ovechkin... :rolleyes:

We can trade Huds for a bag of pucks and I wouldnt care, just keep Jovocop off of this team!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

When Rafalski came here, he already was a proven player that could put up offensive numbers. Wisniewski has put up good numbers for 1 season. That being said, I think that Wisniewski has a better upside to him being in the prime of his career now. I just don't think we should overpay for him. 4 mil a season would be about the limit I would look at for a player like him. Especially with only 70+ games played for 1 season. Durability is a factor.

When Rafalski came here, the cap was ~$12M lower than what it's expected to be next year. His $6M then would be like $7.4 now.

Also, Wis, in the last three years has scored 105 points in 192 games for .55 ppg. 'One-hit wonder' isn't really accurate.
Rafi in the 3 years before coming here scored 140 in 233 games for .63. That's only about 7 points in a full season.

Wis is much more physical, and about as good defensively as Rafi in '07, and a bit better than Rafi last year. And I wouldn't say durability is much of a factor; but discipline is. In ~2.5 years since coming back from knee surgery in '08, he's missed 7 games from injury and 12 from suspension. I think the Wings could curb the discipline issue, at least to some extent. I think just being on the Wings instead of Anaheim cuts the suspensions in half.

$4M is likely below market value. $5M is probably closer. If we try to pinch pennies now when we have a major need and a lot of cap room, we'll end up with crap and wasted cap space.

#74 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

We can trade Huds for a bag of pucks and I wouldnt care, just keep Jovocop off of this team!

of all the d-men the two ski's are the best and worst choices, wisniewski = best. jovanovski = worst.

#75 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

of all the d-men the two ski's are the best and worst choices, wisniewski = best. jovanovski = worst.

I dunno, Ericssonski is a pretty bad choice too.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#76 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:24 PM

just found out that wisniewski's uncle bily dea played for the wings back in the 70s. bily dea also served as assistant coach and interim head coach in the 80s for the wings. all the more reason to love the wizzzzzzzz

#77 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

I would love Wiz on this team, let's do it.

#78 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:25 AM

I get the feeling that it would be either a perfect fit or a disaster with no in between.

That is why I would hope it is on major discount that we bring him in. Give us the opportunity to make other moves.

I also wish we would hire our defensive coach already so we can figure out exactly what type of players would help our our long term system. Maybe see who that coach has ties to...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#79 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:21 AM

I get the feeling that it would be either a perfect fit or a disaster with no in between.

Derian Hatcher says hello

#80 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

That is why I would hope it is on major discount that we bring him in. Give us the opportunity to make other moves.

I also wish we would hire our defensive coach already so we can figure out exactly what type of players would help our our long term system. Maybe see who that coach has ties to...

Why do you think he'll be a disaster?