• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#141 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

This past season yes, but again, next year we won't.

you cant say that fersure. if holland does indeed bring in more vets, we'll be in the same position as this/last season.... damn jagr.

#142 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

you cant say that fersure. if holland does indeed bring in more vets, we'll be in the same position as this/last season.... damn jagr.

You're right, we can't make any assumptions. So next year under contract over 35 are two players. Two players over 35 years of age isn't old. And even with 8 players 35 or over last season, we were only the oldest team by an average of 1 year of age.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#143 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

You're right, we can't make any assumptions. So next year under contract over 35 are two players. Two players over 35 years of age isn't old. And even with 8 players 35 or over last season, we were only the oldest team by an average of 1 year of age.

lol still the oldest team in the league.

#144 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

Well, we win cups as the oldest team in the league so I'll live with that.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#145 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

Bieksa!!!!
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#146 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

I'd rather have Bieksa than Wiz.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#147 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Either Bieksa or Wisniewski would be alright options with me

#148 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

I'd rather have Bieksa than Wiz.

I feel the opposite.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#149 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

I feel the opposite.

I'd be fine with either or but I think we'll get Wiz if Kenny boy makes the right offer.

#150 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Wiz is a more realistic option than Bieska cause Bieska's gonna resign in Vancouver.

#151 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

Wiz is a more realistic option than Bieska cause Bieska's gonna resign in Vancouver.

If Bieska resigns with Vancouver, then why can't the Wings get him? Too big of a payday on the FA market?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#152 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

I think the Vancouver defense was exposed against Boston. You can blame some bad goals on Luongo, but he needs help. Bieska and Ehrhoff and the boys hung him out to dry more than a few times. No thanks to Bieska over Wiz, if Holland signed both then cool, but the obvious choice is obvious... Wisniewski! (plus he is right handed)

SOmeone will overpay for Bieska, that someone shouldn't be Holland...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.50 PPG

#153 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:36 PM

If Bieska resigns with Vancouver, then why can't the Wings get him? Too big of a payday on the FA market?

Oh you kidder.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

#154 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

Oh you kidder.

Hey now, "re-sign" and "resign" are almost as opposite as you can get.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#155 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

You'd have Abdelkader/Helm/Miller/Eaves/Holmstrom/Bertuzzi set to become RFAs/UFAs respectively.

Hudler also turns UFA at that point. I understand you don't like Hudler... but is it just that you simply don't notice anything about him? That's probably what it is; you have some psychological trauma related to the drafting of Hudler, which causes you to be unable to see him or any information about him except in an argument.

They have doctors who can fix those conditions.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#156 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hey now, "re-sign" and "resign" are almost as opposite as you can get.

Don't worry, it drives me nuts, too. Clarity ftw.

#157 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

Hudler also turns UFA at that point. I understand you don't like Hudler... but is it just that you simply don't notice anything about him? That's probably what it is; you have some psychological trauma related to the drafting of Hudler, which causes you to be unable to see him or any information about him except in an argument.

I'm guessing being condescending is one of those treatments?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#158 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Your existence means that they obviously need to do more research.

#159 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

Either Bieksa or Wisniewski would be alright options with me

I would love both actually.

I think the Vancouver defense was exposed against Boston. You can blame some bad goals on Luongo, but he needs help. Bieska and Ehrhoff and the boys hung him out to dry more than a few times. No thanks to Bieska over Wiz, if Holland signed both then cool, but the obvious choice is obvious... Wisniewski! (plus he is right handed)

SOmeone will overpay for Bieska, that someone shouldn't be Holland...

I thought Bieska was their best defenseman. They might have won if they didn't have the injuries, or if the Sedins played well, or if Rome didn't make the biggest mistake ever and destroy Horton...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#160 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

with the cap going up so much, could MTL afford to re-sign this kid?