63 replies to this topic

#1 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

TSN.Ca

I wonder who will have the balls to criticize Shanahan over a suspension or fine or non-suspension :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Awesome, next season is shaping up to be a good one for the NHL and the Wings so far, I think.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

The good news keeps coming! Finally we might be able to get some consistency and common sense into the disciplinary process

#4 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

NHL Disciplinary Committe: "Clear blind side hit"

Shanny:"Should have kept his head up, no suspension"

NHLDC:"Huge boarding call, mild concussion"

Shanny:"Shouldn't have turned your back on Raffi Torres"

NHLDC:"Joe Thornton, two diving calls in one game"

Shanny: "Death"
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#5 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

It'll be nice to have (what I can only hope) will be some consistency from the disciplinary committee.

It will be even nicer to lack Colin Campbell.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#6 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

I had to look at the calendar to see if it was April 1st again. wow this is great news for the NHL for sure.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#7 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

:yahoo: :carrot: :banana: :band: :banana: :carrot: :yahoo:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#8 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

good news for the NHL two days in a row. I like it :clap:

#9 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:20 AM

Posted Image

And if Shanny sucks as badly as Campbell, I'll be the first to say it.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#10 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Holy s***! How did I not hear about this! This is awesome that Campbell is gone!

Though honestly I'm a little surprised Shanny would take a role as disciplinarian. He seemed to be doing a great job with ideas to improve the game and its marketing. Now he has to spend his time trying to keep douchebags like Cooke in line.

#11 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

I think this is a huge step in the right direction.

Shanny has always been straight forward and honest, whereas Campbell was mysterious, inconsistent, unprofessional, and untrustworthy. Should have stepped down after the whole email fiasco.

Just hope Shanny brings back some consistency and clarification to the disciplinary process which would help to restore a level of trust with the fans.
Posted Image

#12 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

HOORAY!

Seriously... HOORAY!

Edited:

Sources tell TSN Brendan Shanahan will likely take over, but there could be somewhat of an overhaul of how supplemental discipline is handled.

So... HOORAY!

Edited by InKennyWeTrust, 01 June 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#13 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

I cant believe it! Such great news for the game of hockey. This gives me hope that they will create a new, fantastic re-alignmen. One where ALL teams play each other the same number of games...fingers crossed!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#14 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:03 PM

I love it when a sport 'seemingly' listens to its fans.
This really does have me feeling optimistic about the future of the NHL.

Shanahan strikes me as honest and possessing common sense, even with the whole Janney thing. At least we can feel safe that Lidstrom will never be suspended again :)

Edited by egroen, 01 June 2011 - 01:17 PM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#15 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Shanahan is a good and great man!

Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#16 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

WOW! First McCrimmon is gone, now Colin Campbell is gone? HAHA YES! Some of the things we didn't think would EVER change now have! Next season will be better just because of these two guys being gone. Shanny will do a great job, although I wonder if he will (at first) be harder on the Wings to prove he isn't biased.

#17 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

good, good, yes, good, good

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#18 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Campbell could have just taken a "stress leave"; not having that much to do can affect some people.
Next up for the League: overhaul the officials and the so-called "system".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

WOW! First McCrimmon is gone, now Colin Campbell is gone? HAHA YES! Some of the things we didn't think would EVER change now have! Next season will be better just because of these two guys being gone. Shanny will do a great job, although I wonder if he will (at first) be harder on the Wings to prove he isn't biased.

The Wings don't really do much suspension-worthy, I doubt Shanny will have to be hard on them.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

Shanhan is, and always will be, the man.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS