• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kingston

Brad Richards

Rate this topic

Yes, for the following reasons (amongst others):

1) They are completely unaware of intangibles.

2) They think that trading players in real life is like it is in NHL 11 or Eastside Hockey Manager.

3) They want instant gratification and have no interest in considering the future.

Hey now. Trading is very difficult in NHL EHM 07. It takes me a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder to get the number one overall pick.

u r looking too one dimensionally at this. In theory, if Holland were to trade say Filppula or Franzen in a package (with Kindl and picks) for a guy like say, Burns, you would be in essence switching cap from offense to defense, and then freeing up space to spend on a top six guy. You are saying that we would just be adding to offense without shaving anyone off, and leaving less money for securing the D. Holland said he would be open to a trade to replace rafalski, and it most likely won't be a dman for dman+picks+prospects swap. This leaves money to spend on more than just the D. I'm not saying we'll get burns, just using it as an example. Although I have seen some wild fans on HF boards saying they needed a pure scorer with size (Franzen) really badly (they were talking about setoguchi or heatley for burns).

A Franzen for Burns trade would be more in Detroit's favor than the players involved would suggest. First of all, Burns is still getting better, while Franzen is probably about as good as he'll ever get and is only going to get worse. Franzen is a skilled goal scorer, but his totals have shown to vary widely depending on the quality of his center. Franzen also would be expected to play more of a defensive style in Minnesota. He would likely be looking at mostly 20-25 goal years with the occasional 30 goal year sprinkled in as you fill out his contract. Burns would be the anchor of a Stanley Cup-winning defense, and possibly win a Norris.