• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Judge rejects NHL deal with Molson-Coors:

Rate this topic

:lol: I see a lot of the beer hipsters coming out, but no one offering up there own suggestions lest they get blasted by dissenters. Come on now, have at it!

(Miller sucks. Can't stand that wheat-flavored cat piss.)

Guest CaliWingsNut

Sierra Nevada? Rogue? Sam Adams (not my fave, but better)?

What about vodka companies? Russian standard already pays for a ton of commercial time (most likely cause their vodka sells for a lot more in the US).

^- I can't wait for that sponsorship. :D

Vitamin pee, the both of 'em. No idea why people buy stuff like Bud, Corona, Labatt, Molson, and Coors. I can't even make myself like them.

I reply to this because the topic itself is rather confusing to me. I guess if the league signed one deal for exclusive sponsorship it obviously wouldn't be legal to do another, hence lawsuit.

All of those are beers for beer drinkers when they're not drinking beer. Even worse are the "lite" varieties. I've had stronger tap water. Give me a pint or 12 of Guinness any day.

All of those are beers for beer drinkers when they're not drinking beer. Even worse are the "lite" varieties. I've had stronger tap water. Give me a pint or 12 of Guinness any day.

I've had stronger tap water than Guinness too! lol You realize, it (guinness) is lighter in both alcohol and calories than a lot of those "lite" varieties you make fun of. Or were you just talking about color when you said "lite"? ;)

Never really understood the appeal of Guinness myself. I guess the reason so many people like it is mostly just nostalgia, or its what their fathers/uncles/etc drank or something... (Yuengling is another beer like that)

Their foreign Extra Stout is pretty good though, I admit.

Edited by sleepwalker

Guest CaliWingsNut

I've had stronger tap water than Guinness too! lol You realize, it (guinness) is lighter in both alcohol and calories than a lot of those "lite" varieties you make fun of. Or were you just talking about color when you said "lite"? ;)

Never really understood the appeal of Guinness myself. I guess the reason so many people like it is mostly just nostalgia, or its what their fathers/uncles/etc drank or something... (Yuengling is another beer like that)

Their foreign Extra Stout is pretty good though, I admit.

Never been a fan of Guiness either.

Yuengling has the limited availability thing going for it. I used to like it in college over the other aforementioned beers. If I'm on the east coast again anytime soon, I'm sure I'll give it a try.

Unibroue would be a good sponsor, I think in some fashion they are owned by abinbev. I know they are owned by Sapporo. MillerCoors (SABMiller) is about to be bought out by ABInbev anyways, i think they are letting go of the coors part or something but they will own like 80% of the world market of beer and like 70% in the US.

Never been a fan of Guiness either.

Yuengling has the limited availability thing going for it. I used to like it in college over the other aforementioned beers. If I'm on the east coast again anytime soon, I'm sure I'll give it a try.

don't even bother with yuengling, over-priced swill like any bud, corona, heineken ect... I would suggest Boxer lager to anyone who is into adjunct/macro beers. It is only 10.99 for a 36 pack and has no major discernible quality differences especially to people who don't care what is in the can (although people who drink bud or miller drink it for the marketing so you would be sol there).

To you being in cali i would just suggest sticking to Stone or Firestone Walker or Russian River, too many good breweries out there.

Guest Shoreline

^ Indeed too many breweries in Cali, especially in the San Jose and San Francisco metro areas that make killer wheat beer, pale ale, etc.

As for the topic at hand with the more recent news, I'm glad the battle of marketing s*** beer has been settled. The only thing I ever liked about s*** beer like Molson, Labatt, Coors, Miller, Budweiser, Corona, Sapporo, etc., was they spend exorbitant amounts of money on marketing and managed to sometimes make funny commercials, especially the Bud Light (<- extra water in your piss water) commercials. Hopefully Molson can humour me with the commercials I have to watch during hockey games, while I avoid drinking their beer.

Guest Shoreline

Everclear.

Beer is for sissies.

Not kidding.

I agree. Real men don't need livers, or consciousness for the matter. :beerbuddy:

don't even bother with yuengling, over-priced swill like any bud, corona, heineken ect... I would suggest Boxer lager to anyone who is into adjunct/macro beers. It is only 10.99 for a 36 pack and has no major discernible quality differences especially to people who don't care what is in the can (although people who drink bud or miller drink it for the marketing so you would be sol there).

Agreed on yuengling. People down here in Ohio are going nuts over it coming here though for some reason. Whatever, to each their own.

Is Boxer lager even available in MI or OH? I saw someone mention that before in regards to cheap beer, on BA I think. (might have even been you, lol)

Cheapest thing we have down here in OH is Genny Cream ale @ $14 a 30 pack. Better tasting than Bud/Miller, etc IMO too.

Agreed on yuengling. People down here in Ohio are going nuts over it coming here though for some reason. Whatever, to each their own.

Is Boxer lager even available in MI or OH? I saw someone mention that before in regards to cheap beer, on BA I think. (might have even been you, lol)

Cheapest thing we have down here in OH is Genny Cream ale @ $14 a 30 pack. Better tasting than Bud/Miller, etc IMO too.

maybe not, it is widespread in canada and wisconsin though, don't know why they don't sell it everywhere.