NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Yeah but at least they have Miller Bud and not Bud Miller. haha

Fixed it for you.

IMHO, Miller is garbage.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#23 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

Fixed it for you.

IMHO, Miller is garbage.

bleh... They are both garbage beers. Give me something without corn (or rice), unless it's distilled.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#24 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Who's the official rum of the NHL? This is where Appleton's can really start hitting the Captain Morgan audience.

#25 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

^- I can't wait for that sponsorship. :D

Correct. (And "Boooooo!"... Labatt > Molson)

Vitamin pee, the both of 'em. No idea why people buy stuff like Bud, Corona, Labatt, Molson, and Coors. I can't even make myself like them.

I reply to this because the topic itself is rather confusing to me. I guess if the league signed one deal for exclusive sponsorship it obviously wouldn't be legal to do another, hence lawsuit.

Edited by Shoreline, 12 July 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#26 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

:lol: I see a lot of the beer hipsters coming out, but no one offering up there own suggestions lest they get blasted by dissenters. Come on now, have at it!

(Miller sucks. Can't stand that wheat-flavored cat piss.)

#27 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

I think Stone Brewery, Abita, and Sam Adams should some how get a contract going.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#28 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

I want to know why Smirnoff Ice isn't a sponsor with all the Russian players and the fact it's called Ice

#29 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

Sierra Nevada? Rogue? Sam Adams (not my fave, but better)?

What about vodka companies? Russian standard already pays for a ton of commercial time (most likely cause their vodka sells for a lot more in the US).

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:42 AM

Toronto Star.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

Franziskaner hefe-weizen. They could use the mule in the ads. :)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#32 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

^- I can't wait for that sponsorship. :D

Vitamin pee, the both of 'em. No idea why people buy stuff like Bud, Corona, Labatt, Molson, and Coors. I can't even make myself like them.

I reply to this because the topic itself is rather confusing to me. I guess if the league signed one deal for exclusive sponsorship it obviously wouldn't be legal to do another, hence lawsuit.

All of those are beers for beer drinkers when they're not drinking beer. Even worse are the "lite" varieties. I've had stronger tap water. Give me a pint or 12 of Guinness any day.

#33 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

:lol: I see a lot of the beer hipsters coming out, but no one offering up there own suggestions lest they get blasted by dissenters. Come on now, have at it!

(Miller sucks. Can't stand that wheat-flavored cat piss.)

Heineken.

Yeah, I said it.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#34 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

All of those are beers for beer drinkers when they're not drinking beer. Even worse are the "lite" varieties. I've had stronger tap water. Give me a pint or 12 of Guinness any day.

I've had stronger tap water than Guinness too! lol You realize, it (guinness) is lighter in both alcohol and calories than a lot of those "lite" varieties you make fun of. Or were you just talking about color when you said "lite"? ;)

Never really understood the appeal of Guinness myself. I guess the reason so many people like it is mostly just nostalgia, or its what their fathers/uncles/etc drank or something... (Yuengling is another beer like that)

Their foreign Extra Stout is pretty good though, I admit.

Edited by sleepwalker, 13 July 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#35 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

I've had stronger tap water than Guinness too! lol You realize, it (guinness) is lighter in both alcohol and calories than a lot of those "lite" varieties you make fun of. Or were you just talking about color when you said "lite"? ;)

Never really understood the appeal of Guinness myself. I guess the reason so many people like it is mostly just nostalgia, or its what their fathers/uncles/etc drank or something... (Yuengling is another beer like that)

Their foreign Extra Stout is pretty good though, I admit.

Never been a fan of Guiness either.

Yuengling has the limited availability thing going for it. I used to like it in college over the other aforementioned beers. If I'm on the east coast again anytime soon, I'm sure I'll give it a try.

#36 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Toronto Star.

I wonder where the judge's free season ticket seats are?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#37 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Unibroue would be a good sponsor, I think in some fashion they are owned by abinbev. I know they are owned by Sapporo. MillerCoors (SABMiller) is about to be bought out by ABInbev anyways, i think they are letting go of the coors part or something but they will own like 80% of the world market of beer and like 70% in the US.

Never been a fan of Guiness either.

Yuengling has the limited availability thing going for it. I used to like it in college over the other aforementioned beers. If I'm on the east coast again anytime soon, I'm sure I'll give it a try.

don't even bother with yuengling, over-priced swill like any bud, corona, heineken ect... I would suggest Boxer lager to anyone who is into adjunct/macro beers. It is only 10.99 for a 36 pack and has no major discernible quality differences especially to people who don't care what is in the can (although people who drink bud or miller drink it for the marketing so you would be sol there).

To you being in cali i would just suggest sticking to Stone or Firestone Walker or Russian River, too many good breweries out there.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#38 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:33 AM

^ Indeed too many breweries in Cali, especially in the San Jose and San Francisco metro areas that make killer wheat beer, pale ale, etc.

As for the topic at hand with the more recent news, I'm glad the battle of marketing s*** beer has been settled. The only thing I ever liked about s*** beer like Molson, Labatt, Coors, Miller, Budweiser, Corona, Sapporo, etc., was they spend exorbitant amounts of money on marketing and managed to sometimes make funny commercials, especially the Bud Light (<- extra water in your piss water) commercials. Hopefully Molson can humour me with the commercials I have to watch during hockey games, while I avoid drinking their beer.

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

Everclear.

Beer is for sissies.

Just kidding.

#40 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

Everclear.

Beer is for sissies.

Not kidding.

I agree. Real men don't need livers, or consciousness for the matter. :beerbuddy: