• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut09

possible signing?

Rate this topic

An ESPN Insider said the wings have some interest is bringing in Brad Richards in on a similar short term we signed Marian Hossa to. I know this isn't retooling the defense but does anyone see this happening?

I really don't see that as being true. Richards is definitely going to be looking for a contract to take him into retirement.

But, when your options are Toronto, NYR, and Tampa....maybe he is going to loose elsewhere for a better shot at the cup. Not here though.

You wouldn't pay a 31 year old, who has averaged nearly a point per game throughout his career (including 168 points the last two seasons) $7 million a year?

If I'm the Detroit GM: Absolutely not. Not just for the $7M per season, but more so for his demand to get at least a five-year deal.

If I'm the GM of another NHL team: Maybe.

If I'm the Detroit GM: Absolutely not. Not just for the $7M per season, but more so for his demand to get at least a five-year deal.

If I'm the GM of another NHL team: Maybe.

I get what you're saying now. At 36 he probably won't be worth 7 million.

I get what you're saying now. At 36 he probably won't be worth 7 million.

That. Plus I don't want to bring him in and pay him more than Lids. Plus I don't want to restrict our ability to sign a top 4 Defenseman.

I don't understand the love-fest with Richards (well ok I do, high level players always generate interest), signing him does not address any of our current issues. We have good first and second line players, we need a faster D corps and a solid Dman to replace Rafalski and the soon to be gone Lidstrom *shutter*

a contact of mine in Keiv has said that Babchuk is on the Wings radar. Good skater has some size and is a Righty!! Not sure

what his current contract is but if we could get him and A/N on the D i wont complain.

I wouldn't mind Babchuck

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this kid either. 27, shoots right, big (6'5"), Russian buddy for Datsyuk, capable of quarterbacking the PP, and could come for around 2 million. I'm all for this. I'm not sure how he is physically or if he is responsible defensively though... Anyone know?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this kid either. 27, shoots right, big (6'5"), Russian buddy for Datsyuk, capable of quarterbacking the PP, and could come for around 2 million. I'm all for this. I'm not sure how he is physically or if he is responsible defensively though... Anyone know?

Not known to be much of a hitter - only 19 hits in 82 games last season.

Statistical comparison to Ericsson

Definitely not a hitter but he's not horrible defensively either

Not known to be much of a hitter - only 19 hits in 82 games last season.

Statistical comparison to Ericsson

Makes E look like a tough guy??? :hehe:

Oh and Richards would make our team extremely good. A huge improvement over our last roster, and give us an actual three amazing lines. Not going to happen without getting rid of Hudler, but I wouldn't be surprised for the Wings to make an offer. I would be more surprised if he accepts.

I say try to sign him until he is 37 at a Zetterberg like level. If he shows no interest go get Laich.

The way we talk about wanting skill, it makes me think we will go after Richards. No one has more skill in UFA than him. Also signing him doesn't prevent us from signing who we need on the back end. we have nearly 20 million in space.

Edited by Majsheppard

Makes E look like a tough guy??? :hehe:

Oh and Richards would make our team extremely good. A huge improvement over our last roster, and give us an actual three amazing lines. Not going to happen without getting rid of Hudler, but I wouldn't be surprised for the Wings to make an offer. I would be more surprised if he accepts.

I say try to sign him until he is 37 at a Zetterberg like level. If he shows no interest go get Laich.

The way we talk about wanting skill, it makes me think we will go after Richards. No one has more skill in UFA than him. Also signing him doesn't prevent us from signing who we need on the back end. we have nearly 20 million in space.

I completely agree, aside from the long-term contract. I would sign him to a 1 year-2 year deal to see if he fits in well with our system first - Hossa type deal. Like you, I don't belive he'll land here. I'll be like a kid in a candy store if he does, somehow, though. Richards and Franzen together could potentially be gross...

I don't understand the love-fest with Richards (well ok I do, high level players always generate interest), signing him does not address any of our current issues. We have good first and second line players, we need a faster D corps and a solid Dman to replace Rafalski and the soon to be gone Lidstrom *shutter*

I kind of agree with you aside from the fact that we are fine offensively until we come up against a team like San Jose and all of a sudden we can't seem to climb that hill. Richards doesn't add anything really physical, but it's another scoring threat that could help anyway.

I wouldn't mind him here, I'd be happy, but I would be wary of anything long-term to start. I'd say a 1 or 2 year deal around 7 million would be fine. I'm pretty sure Lidstrom won't be offended if we go out and sign a top 10 scorer and pay him a million more than Lids makes...