• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Flyers acquire Bryzgalov's rights

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Bob McKenzie says the Coyotes get Matt Clackson, a 3rd round pick in 2012 and a conditional pick if Bryzgalov signs.

I wonder where they're going to find the space to pay for him.

The Wings would do well to go after Carle or Coburn. Both would be great additions to the team.

No thanks to Carle. Terrible defensively and a turnover machine. Coburn would be nice though, but I doubt he's moving anywhere.

I guess they'll have to trade someones(s), and hope the cap goes up a bit. Versteeg, Harntell, Carter on the trading block?

Carter definitely not, don't think Hartnell either.. Leino is not re-signed and Carle is probably trader plus the cap goes up. Don't think they'll have to do much more. Versteeg may be moved also.

If they get him, they shed from forward scoring depth and D:

FORWARDS

Ville Leino ($3.000m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m)

James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Scott Hartnell ($4.200m)

Kris Versteeg ($3.083m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Andreas Nodl ($1.000m)

Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Ian Laperriere ($1.166m) / Darroll Powe ($0.950m)

Ben Holmstrom ($0.750m) / Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Daniel Carcillo ($1.075m)

DEFENSEMEN

Matt Carle ($3.437m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)

Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)

Braydon Coburn ($3.200m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

Nick Boynton ($0.500m) / Danny Syvret ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS

Ilya Bryzgalov ($6.000m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $62,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,294,155; BONUSES: $1,825,000

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): -$8,794,155

Subtract 2 forwards and a d-man. Note that I used some players, like Carcillo and Boynton, as fill-ins for possibly other players making similar money.

Imo, bye-bye Versteeg, Hartnell, Coburn or Carle:

Briere (6.5) - Richards (5.75) - Giroux (3.75)

JVR (1.645) - Carter (5.272) - Leino (3.5?)

? (1.0?) - ? (1.5?) - Nodl (1.0?)

Betts (0.7)- Powe (0.95?) - Laperriere (1.116)

Holmstrom (0.75)

Subtotal = 33.433

Timmonen (6.333) - Pronger (4.921)

Meszaros (4.0) - Coburn or Carle (3.2/3.437)

Syvret (0.6) - Bartulis (0.6)

? (1.0)

Subtotal = 20.654 or 20.891

Bryz (6.0)

Bob (1.75)

Subtotal = 7.75

Bonuses = Neighborhood of 1.8

Total = 63.637 or 63.874

A lot closer to the cap. Cheaper UFAs (the 7th d-man, some of the bottom 6 forwards) possibly moving Bob and using cheaper Leighton as backup all options to get under the cap. Maybe longer, cheaper contract for Bryz (5.5, longer term). Hard to say for sure, but in any case I think it looks like 2 forwards and a d-man are gone. Cap-wise, Hartnell is the best forward option, and I think they'd rather keep Leino over Versteeg if they can re-sign Leino. If they can't, then Versteeg is a cheaper option than my projected 3.5. Coburn or Carle honestly depends on who they can get the value for, or what value they can get from a package. Carle played well with Pronger, did he not?

I don't think Carcillo, Boynton, or Matt Walker are coming back to Philly next year. Did Laperriere officially retire yet?

If Scott Hartnell is available, I say we go after him. Also, Leino may test the free agent market. Philly will want him back, but someone (Toronto?) will throw a nice offer his way.

The Flyers will be looking for some bottom 6 guys this offseason.

Carter definitely not, don't think Hartnell either.. Leino is not re-signed and Carle is probably trader plus the cap goes up. Don't think they'll have to do much more. Versteeg may be moved also.

They were already in pretty bad shape, probably needing to trade someone to re-sign Leino and fill the rest of the roster.

Assuming the cap goes up $3M and they dump Leighton, they'd have about $5M to sign Bryz, Leino, 2-3 more forwards and a defenseman. Then they have Laperriere to figure out. If they LTIR him again they'd gain another $1.16M to fill his place. The league might not let them LTIR him if it's obvious he can't play again. If he's forced to retire they're stuck with his hit.

If they LTIR Lappy, move Versteeg and Carle, get Bryz for his current salary, and Leino at a pretty conservative $2.5 it would give them around $6M to fill 5-7 spots...I think they have to move someone else. Maybe they move Bobrovsky and/or Shelly to save a few bucks. Maybe dump Mesz instead of Carle.

They struck gold with one Fin Wing, maybe they'd be interested in another...Flip, 1st, Kindl, + maybe another pick for Carter? Probably not, but Kenny should at least be making a call.

Edited by Buppy