• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Flyers acquire Bryzgalov's rights

Rate this topic

rather have coburn than carle. the guy is 6-5". Would Kindl + 24th + next year 2nd do the trick? That allows them to offload about 2.4mil in cap.

I'd rather have Coburn but so would Philly. More likely they trade Carle if they trade a d-man.

On the other hand, Carle and Pronger was a rather good pairing for them. Who knows, maybe they would trade Coburn if they got solid value for him... but he's a large, effective d-man on a good contract.

Well the Coyotes better say bye bye to the playoffs.

Tomas Vokoun? Phoenix is as good as Nashville ever was when he was there, and has a solid young roster. He should certainly be interested. Chris Mason will also probably be available via trade. Boucher, Roloson (if he doesn't retire or stay in Tampa), Leighton or Bobrovsky via another trade with Philly, Giguere, Harding, Hedberg, Theodore, Auld.

Sure, most of those guys aren't Bryzgalov. But none of them, except possibly Vokoun, carry his price tag.

Vokoun is probably the only one even close to Bryz. Roloson had a great post season but I don't know, he might retire or stay one more year in Tampa for another shot then retire. The rest aren't even close to Bryz.

Guest Crymson

Tomas Vokoun? Phoenix is as good as Nashville ever was when he was there, and has a solid young roster. He should certainly be interested. Chris Mason will also probably be available via trade. Boucher, Roloson (if he doesn't retire or stay in Tampa), Leighton or Bobrovsky via another trade with Philly, Giguere, Harding, Hedberg, Theodore, Auld.

Sure, most of those guys aren't Bryzgalov. But none of them, except possibly Vokoun, carry his price tag.

The Predators of 2006-2007 were a hell of a lot better than Phoenix is now. Remember the roster with Kariya, Radulov, Dumont, Arnott, Hartnell, Sullivan, Erat, Legwand, Suter, Weber, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Timonen and (later) Forsberg? That team was leagues better than Phoenix's current roster. The Wings barely beat out that team for the division title.

Edited by Crymson

Vokoun is probably the only one even close to Bryz. Roloson had a great post season but I don't know, he might retire or stay one more year in Tampa for another shot then retire. The rest aren't even close to Bryz.

Between Yandle/Jovo/Bryz that's $11.95 in cap hit from last year. Say they keep Yandle for $5m and Jovo for $2m. That gives them $4.95m to simply stay even. Cap projected to increase by $2.8m, and that makes for $7.75m, if you assume they are trying to stay around $9m below the cap and not at an internal cap. Which means that, assuming UFAs and RFAs and re-signed or replaced for a relatively equal cost, the Coyotes could compete to sign Richards. Whitney/Richards/Doan on the first line anyone?

I'd say replacing Bryzgalov with Roloson/etc. and adding Richards is better than keeping Bryzgalov, both on and off ice.

The Wings would do well to go after Carle or Coburn. Both would be great additions to the team.

Both are UFAs next season (I think) and they are both guys I mentioned that I'd love to sign.

So eliminated teams can trade players? I thought you had to wait a day or two after the playoffs ended?

The Predators of 2006-2007 were a hell of a lot better than Phoenix is now. Remember the roster with Kariya, Radulov, Dumont, Arnott, Hartnell, Sullivan, Erat, Legwand, Suter, Weber, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Timonen and (later) Forsberg? That team was leagues better than Phoenix's current roster. The Wings barely beat out that team for the division title.

It's an unfair comparison, because you are comparing a roster including a deadline acquisition of a top player who played more games for Nashville that season than the players (combined) he was acquired for. I was referring to what Phoenix's roster is expected to look like, assuming they don't sit on their hands. They have 13 players signed from their active roster, with $28m+ in cap space. Ekman-Larsson probably takes Jovanovski's roster spot if he doesn't return, and at a similar price. So that means $26.5m in cap space to sign a starting goalie, Keith Yandle (probably in the $5m range), leaving eight forwards to sign, at least four of whom would be new or returning UFAs. Let's say it's an average of $750k raise per RFA forward, four in total, cutting us down to $23.5m. Still UFA would be Vrbata, Fiddler, Belanger, Ebbett. That's two of the team's top five scorers, including the first line center. Belanger played in all situations, and Fiddler also was quite useful on the PK. Vrbata is an asset on the PP. But the team can go out and pick up a couple guys on the cheaper side like Morrison and Kopecky, and hang on to Vrbata, Fiddler and Ebbett. Leaves you the options of Bissonette and Ebbett as the spares for a fairly deep all-around roster.

For example:

Stempniak/Hanzal/Doan

Whitney/Morrison/Vrbata

Korpikoski/Kopecky/Pyatt

Boedker/Fiddler/Turris

Bissonette/Ebbett

That's pretty solid, and is close to the cap floor with a full complement of forwards and defensemen, plus a backup goalie. Now all we need is a starter. Vokoun? Heck, I estimated Morrison at around $2m... bring in Vokoun and Richards?

Whitney/Richards/Vrbata

Stempniak/Hanzal/Doan

Korpikoski/Kopecky/Pyatt

Boedker/Fiddler/Turris

Bissonette/Ebbett

That's pretty solid, and is close to the cap floor with a full complement of forwards and defensemen, plus a backup goalie. Now all we need is a starter. Vokoun? Heck, I estimated Morrison at around $2m... bring in Vokoun and Richards?

Two things, Eva..

1. Why does Vokoun sign in Phoenix? He's been stuck on a lame market, low budget team for the past few years and he wants to win. On top of that, he can go somewhere to win AND get paid and not have to deal with the uncertainty of Phoenix.

2. Ditto for Richards. The guy wants to both make money and win, something Phoenix may not be able to provide. Additionally, this is probably going to be his last big contract, so why does he sign somewhere with such uncertainty? And then this is also a guy that wants to avoid the media, and Phoenix is going to continue being a media circus with the possible relocation crap.

Some lesser quality UFAs may sign in Phoenix, but there's no way 2 of the hottest items, both in their 30s, both wanting a big payday, both wanting to win, and both exiting teams that have lately been struggling financially/ownership wise, are going to sign with Phoenix.

Tomas Vokoun? Phoenix is as good as Nashville ever was when he was there, and has a solid young roster. He should certainly be interested.

Really? C'mon man.

Vokoun was there when Nashville was duking it out with us for top spot in the Central with 50 wins (I think), Paul Kariya, Kimo Timonen, and Forsberg at the deadline. That Nashville team was deeper, tougher, and more skilled than any team Pheonix has ever had.

Lol, I didn't see this until after I posted. But thanks, 2 on 1 and counting!

Do you guys think the Flyers would part with Briere as he is the oldest of the "big 3" to get Cap relief?

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, but I wouldn't expect Briere to be the one moved...

Considering that the Flyers management has made it perfectly clear that they are fed up with their antics in the locker room and are openly shopping one of, or both, Richards and Carter... my money is on one of them being shipped off...

I don't find it often that teams generally shop their captains... seems to be pretty rare

They've mentioned several times on NHL network and I've read several reports that the management was looking to trade one of the two... considering he'd get a pretty big return for a trade, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them deal him...

EDIT - I know someone talked about it on their tweetaladoo... anyone know where there was from and can provide a link? I remember reading it... regardless, watch NHL network sometime and I'm sure they'll bring it up again...

Edited by stevkrause

Start hedging your bets on who is traded away now, Carter or Richards - my gut tells me Richards is the one ushered out...

If they move Carter, I want to be their partner. I don't mind Richards either... but something tells me Carter would be the best addition to a team overall. He would look good in a Wings uniform even if he was expensive.

My gut says Pronger is the one to end up being traded.

I somehow think Pronger is the one on the move...

Who in their right mind would be crazy enough to take on that contract?!? especially coming off such a serious injury AND the fact that it is a 35+ contract with a lot of years left? a GM would have to be crazy to take on that contract and give ANYTHING of value back...

Who in their right mind would be crazy enough to take on that contract?!? especially coming off such a serious injury AND the fact that it is a 35+ contract with a lot of years left? a GM would have to be crazy to take on that contract and give ANYTHING of value back...

Beat me to it. Almost 5 million in cap hit too.

He's signed until he's 42.

Maybe he can play until then, but he won't be worth 4.9 at that point.

Edited by e_prime

If they move Carter, I want to be their partner. I don't mind Richards either... but something tells me Carter would be the best addition to a team overall. He would look good in a Wings uniform even if he was expensive.

My gut says Pronger is the one to end up being traded dealt with.

EDITED

It is a horrible contract. Maybe they can buy him out.

Usually, you need playoff success to be able to command that. :unsure:

come on, give the guy a break... look at these stellar numbers from these playoffs!

4GP 0W 4L 4.36GAA .879SV%

If that doesn't command big bucks, I don't know what does!