• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

^ lol at that being a neg-worthy post. Come on people...
Posted Image

#122 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Except when you look at the SCF this year, you have 2 of the 3 Vezina nominees. I agree in years past you just needed a hot goalie, but this year, whether it be an anomaly (except the Canucks have a fantastic team from top to bottom), or goalies are now tiding the turn that you may need an elite goalie to go super deep in the playoffs.

Multiple ways to skin the cat, I reckon.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#123 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

^ lol at that being a neg-worthy post. Come on people...

Whose?

Multiple ways to skin the cat, I reckon.

I completely agree. Usually it comes down to having a hot goalie, and as Wings' fans, we know how a hot goalie with bed mattresses as leg pads can do in the playoffs.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#124 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Whose?

I completely agree. Usually it comes down to having a hot goalie, and as Wings' fans, we know how a hot goalie with bed mattresses as leg pads can do in the playoffs.

Your last post was, til I +1 it to appease the forum gods. :thumbup:
Posted Image

#125 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

Your last post was, til I +1 it to appease the forum gods. :thumbup:

Haha thanks! Like I've mentioned, there are four posters going around being neggers on all my posts.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#126 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

Really think that Turco is still kicking himself for not accepting Philly's offer last year.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#127 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

Really think that Turco is still kicking himself for not accepting Philly's offer last year.

Turco is as close to pre-retirement mode as you can get. Twenty-nine games for one-point-three million dollars at 35 years old? This is robbery at it's best.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#128 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Turco is as close to pre-retirement mode as you can get. Twenty-nine games for one-point-three million dollars at 35 years old? This is robbery at it's best.

He didn't have a good season.

#129 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:33 PM

He didn't have a good season.

I imagine he would have fared well in Philly. He certainly would have been a better option in the playoffs than the Bobrovsky/Boucher/Leighton goalie-go-round.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#130 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

That was still a lot of money to be "Crawford's Caddie".

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#131 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Apparently, Bryz's former teammates in Phoenix don't think very much of him.

Article

#132 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

Apparently, Bryz's former teammates in Phoenix don't think very much of him.

Article

Haha... That's great.