• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

IMO, this is the best show on television right now! I want to know who else watches it and what they're thoughts/expectations are for the upcoming season debuting in a little more than a month.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#2 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:51 PM

I need to catch up. The wife and I just finished up Season 1 and we love it already. 26 more episodes to go...

Also heard on Bill Burr's podcast that he's got a spot in Season 4, so I'm especially looking forward to seeing what role he plays in the show.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#3 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

I have a hunch what role he'll play, but I won't say until you're caught up.

Season 2 is as epic as Season 1. Season 3 is decent but Gillighan (the writer) raised the bar so damn high the first two seasons. From the way Season 3 ended and its setup for Season 4, I think Breaking Bad is in for one hell of season.

Since you haven't seen Seasons 2-3, I won't give away any spoilers unless someone else posts in this thread since the whole point was to talk about the upcoming season.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#4 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

Pretty much all the reviews say the upcoming season is darker and more intense than ever. Vince Gillighan (the writer) says he doesn't care if the audience likes Walter White! Meaning he'll continue his transformation as the "Good Guy" when the show started to becoming the "Bad Guy".

Apparently, the screening of the first episode of Season 4 recently took place and they had to stop it for a few minutes because a gruesome scene gave someone a medical problem. How crazy is that?

It sounds as though there will be the big showdown between Walt and Gus toward the end of the first episode.

12 more days! I'm fired up.

#5 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Obviously folks here don't watch Breaking Bad, so I'll leave this thread alone after this post.

If you've followed this series at all, that episode was one of the most epic I've ever seen. I'm shocked by how graphic/horrific of a scene they can get away even with it being on cable. If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and watch this series! I'm telling you...you won't be disappointed. You have the NFM stamp of guarantee!

#6 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Amazing show. That was one looong wait for this new season to start.

I can't stand this bish:
Posted Image

#7 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Never heard of it, what network is it on?

#8 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

Never heard of it, what network is it on?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ing bad network

#9 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

LOVE this show. Between this and mad men, amc brings me a lot of entertainment. Breaking bad is the master of tension and suspense. It's everything a 'slow burn' drama should be. The season 4 premiere is testament to that, the dialogue was minimal yet the impact of the episode was heavier than many other shows could ever hope to deliver. Really glad Aaron Paul won best supporting actor last year, truly deserved. The cast is amazing.

Edited by crotty99, 20 July 2011 - 06:52 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#10 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

Easily the best show on TV. What a season opener.

It's about to get all crazy and stuff.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#11 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:08 AM

LOVE this show. Between this and mad men, amc brings me a lot of entertainment. Breaking bad is the master of tension and suspense. It's everything a 'slow burn' drama should be. The season 4 premiere is testament to that, the dialogue was minimal yet the impact of the episode was heavier than many other shows could ever hope to deliver. Really glad Aaron Paul won best supporting actor last year, truly deserved. The cast is amazing.

I couldn't agree more. You're on pins and needles the second Gus walks in until the second he does his deed. You can't have that kind of effect on people unless you've built this story up to this point. Amazing acting by Cranston, Paul and Esposito.

Agreed SeeinRed, this is by far the best show on television.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users