• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Latest Rumor: NHL Team Expected to Announce Rebranding in 2012

Rate this topic

Meh, that's MLS. Who even watches that? :P I have to say that it was pretty clever they way they snuck it in, and unless you're paying attention, you'd never even connect the two.

I'd be worried, as a business owner who branded a team, say the Pittsburgh Anheiser-Busches, that your team turns into the Yankees, where everyone hates them, and your brand goes down the toilet. It's nice when you have a huge fanbase, and other teams fans are ambivalent about your team, but when fans of 29 other teams despise your team, that could hurt.

You don't know much about Red Bulls marketing strategy then. They have renamed 3 proffesional football teams (in the MLS, Germany and Austria) as well as the current Austrian ice hockey champions. And of course there is the F1 team which has dominated the sport for the past 2 years. If it is them, whoever they rebrand will find themselves with a huge financial injection, and RB really don't give a damn about what other people think of them - in fact they revel in it.

Guest CaliWingsNut

So if Red Bull gives you Wings, what do Red Wings give you?

an unexplainable itch? :ph34r:

Guest CaliWingsNut

Has there been anyone with more solid proof of this potentially occurring? or is this thread still surviving on the humor/speculation?

Just curious since it started as an unsubstantiated rumor, it's been a few, and I haven't noticed any further stories/reports etc to support it.

Has there been anyone with more solid proof of this potentially occurring? or is this thread still surviving on the humor/speculation?

Just curious since it started as an unsubstantiated rumor, it's been a few, and I haven't noticed any further stories/reports etc to support it.

Well over on CCSL they are 15 pages deep speculating on this. If you click the link below you might be able to find something through out all the pages over there. Still in the early stages here no official word as far as I am aware but its still quite some time away also! Anyways here is the link if you're interested.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=80699