Kris Draper Works Out With Lions

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MrWings787

MrWings787

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

Title says it all. I believe this is one of the many reason the Wings are so good. Our players workout all the time even at other teams workouts even if the team is in another leagues. Also its pretty sad that Draper showed up to a Lions work out and Suh didnt.

http://www.freep.com...ns-talks-future

Edited by MrWings787, 08 June 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

The NFL is tangled right now with the whole lockout issue, so I wouldn't put Suh down for not working out when Drapes did. I'm not sure if this thread needs to be here considering a better topic would've been that Drapes wants to come back for another season and wants a strict answer of yes or no before training camp so he doesn't become what Malts did. To stay on course with your thread though, all athletes train the hardest during the off-season, its their time to make their progress and work on the things they need to. Come season time you should physically and mentally be ready for all the games and that shouldn't be the time you're sitting back evaluating what you should've worked on instead.

Edited by evilzyme, 08 June 2011 - 05:47 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Yeah its not like Suh is busy with huge endorsements or anything. Anyone who questions this guys work ethic and dedication is beyond stupid, seriously the guy is a beast.

With him leading the charge the lions just might, dare I say, make a playoff push next season

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#4 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Gosh I hope Draper doesn't get re-signed....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#5 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Gosh I hope Draper doesn't get re-signed....

Oh c'mon lefty... Where's yr heart? ;)

God, I love me some Drapes... But For the love of the aforementioned!

Gosh! :)
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#6 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

Oh c'mon lefty... Where's yr heart? ;)

God, I love me some Drapes... But For the love of the aforementioned!

Gosh! :)

ok, ok, ok, I will take Draper in place of Hudler....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#7 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Lolllllllllll. Good to know brother!

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

That article was a good one, Drapes still has game, at the very least as an extra forward. I say re-sign him for another year. He DID look good this year, and if he feels so strongly about not being done, unlike most players toward the end of their careers, let him play. He sounds like he's 100% sure he can still play, and if a guy has that sort of confidence coming off a decent season (not a terrible one like so many expected) and going the extra mile to get in shape, you really shouldn't pass it up.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

That article was a good one, Drapes still has game, at the very least as an extra forward. I say re-sign him for another year. He DID look good this year, and if he feels so strongly about not being done, unlike most players toward the end of their careers, let him play. He sounds like he's 100% sure he can still play, and if a guy has that sort of confidence coming off a decent season (not a terrible one like so many expected) and going the extra mile to get in shape, you really shouldn't pass it up.

Also, he won't cry, pout, or complain if he gets healthy scratched for 83.725% of the season. He will gladly step aside for Mursak or Emmerton. He will just play ...but not for more than 750K. (and Drew Miller will, unfortunately, go bye-bye.)

Edited by e_prime, 08 June 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#10 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

At least he has worked really hard to earn his spot as a 13th forward. I woudn't mind to see him play next season.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#11 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

Don't we already have a younger, faster Draper on the team?

#12 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:01 AM

Don't we already have a younger, faster Draper on the team?

We now have two.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#13 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

As much as I want the Wings to get younger, Drapes is probably the one old-timer I'd like to see get re-signed. (Lidstrom is obvious)

He's a been a big part of Helm's improvements and I think he's thriving in the 'mentor' role.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#14 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Let him sign for a year. It's only multi-year contracts that apply to the over-35 rule.

If he signs, he is there to push the kids in camp. If he makes the team, that just means that he belongs there. If not, then he was given his chance and we're all clear that it's time for him to move on.

There's no downside to signing a one year contract. The worst thing that can happen is that he pushes the guys in camp that much harder, doesn't make the team and retires to the front office.

Plus he gets one last go-'round at TC. Fans have one more time to get the autographs and pictures, and he gets to hang out with his friends one more time.

Who loses?

#15 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

I think Draper is going to be the Lions starting quarterback when Stafford gets injured.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#16 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

I think Draper is going to be the Lions starting quarterback when Stafford gets injured.

Nah, he isn't much of a playmaker. His skill set is more suited to a running back.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#17 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Look Ken,one hand push-ups,lol

Serious Drapes,wtf is this.Like Holland and Babs don't know what is he capable of.
We all love him,but it's time to empty some spots for the youngsters.Yeah I know,maybe he'll overplayed them in the camp,but they can't develop without eating some serious minutes

#18 Mickey Redmond

Mickey Redmond

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

wish this team had half the heart Draper has, he battled like hell these last playoffs..

#19 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

Let him sign for a year. It's only multi-year contracts that apply to the over-35 rule.

If he signs, he is there to push the kids in camp. If he makes the team, that just means that he belongs there. If not, then he was given his chance and we're all clear that it's time for him to move on.

There's no downside to signing a one year contract. The worst thing that can happen is that he pushes the guys in camp that much harder, doesn't make the team and retires to the front office.

Plus he gets one last go-'round at TC. Fans have one more time to get the autographs and pictures, and he gets to hang out with his friends one more time.

Who loses?

Draper has already said that he doesn't want to go through what Maltby did last year, I'd sort of assume that scenario would fall to close for comfort for him.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#20 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Look Ken,one hand push-ups,lol

When Kris Norris Draper does pushups, he doesn't push himself up. He pushes the world down.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain