• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrWings787

Kris Draper Works Out With Lions

Rate this topic

Title says it all. I believe this is one of the many reason the Wings are so good. Our players workout all the time even at other teams workouts even if the team is in another leagues. Also its pretty sad that Draper showed up to a Lions work out and Suh didnt.

http://www.freep.com...ns-talks-future

Edited by MrWings787

The NFL is tangled right now with the whole lockout issue, so I wouldn't put Suh down for not working out when Drapes did. I'm not sure if this thread needs to be here considering a better topic would've been that Drapes wants to come back for another season and wants a strict answer of yes or no before training camp so he doesn't become what Malts did. To stay on course with your thread though, all athletes train the hardest during the off-season, its their time to make their progress and work on the things they need to. Come season time you should physically and mentally be ready for all the games and that shouldn't be the time you're sitting back evaluating what you should've worked on instead.

Edited by evilzyme

That article was a good one, Drapes still has game, at the very least as an extra forward. I say re-sign him for another year. He DID look good this year, and if he feels so strongly about not being done, unlike most players toward the end of their careers, let him play. He sounds like he's 100% sure he can still play, and if a guy has that sort of confidence coming off a decent season (not a terrible one like so many expected) and going the extra mile to get in shape, you really shouldn't pass it up.

That article was a good one, Drapes still has game, at the very least as an extra forward. I say re-sign him for another year. He DID look good this year, and if he feels so strongly about not being done, unlike most players toward the end of their careers, let him play. He sounds like he's 100% sure he can still play, and if a guy has that sort of confidence coming off a decent season (not a terrible one like so many expected) and going the extra mile to get in shape, you really shouldn't pass it up.

Also, he won't cry, pout, or complain if he gets healthy scratched for 83.725% of the season. He will gladly step aside for Mursak or Emmerton. He will just play ...but not for more than 750K. (and Drew Miller will, unfortunately, go bye-bye.)

Edited by e_prime

As much as I want the Wings to get younger, Drapes is probably the one old-timer I'd like to see get re-signed. (Lidstrom is obvious)

He's a been a big part of Helm's improvements and I think he's thriving in the 'mentor' role.

Let him sign for a year. It's only multi-year contracts that apply to the over-35 rule.

If he signs, he is there to push the kids in camp. If he makes the team, that just means that he belongs there. If not, then he was given his chance and we're all clear that it's time for him to move on.

There's no downside to signing a one year contract. The worst thing that can happen is that he pushes the guys in camp that much harder, doesn't make the team and retires to the front office.

Plus he gets one last go-'round at TC. Fans have one more time to get the autographs and pictures, and he gets to hang out with his friends one more time.

Who loses?

Look Ken,one hand push-ups,lol

Serious Drapes,wtf is this.Like Holland and Babs don't know what is he capable of.

We all love him,but it's time to empty some spots for the youngsters.Yeah I know,maybe he'll overplayed them in the camp,but they can't develop without eating some serious minutes

Let him sign for a year. It's only multi-year contracts that apply to the over-35 rule.

If he signs, he is there to push the kids in camp. If he makes the team, that just means that he belongs there. If not, then he was given his chance and we're all clear that it's time for him to move on.

There's no downside to signing a one year contract. The worst thing that can happen is that he pushes the guys in camp that much harder, doesn't make the team and retires to the front office.

Plus he gets one last go-'round at TC. Fans have one more time to get the autographs and pictures, and he gets to hang out with his friends one more time.

Who loses?

Draper has already said that he doesn't want to go through what Maltby did last year, I'd sort of assume that scenario would fall to close for comfort for him.

Draper has already said that he doesn't want to go through what Maltby did last year, I'd sort of assume that scenario would fall to close for comfort for him.

That's true. I was just saying that letting him have a contract wouldn't hurt. I can understand why he wouldn't want to do it personally. Some people think he'd be screwing the team, and they thought the same of Malts last year. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Hopefully things will work out for the best for everyone, even if that means that Drapes rides off into the sunset.

When Kris Norris Draper does pushups, he doesn't push himself up. He pushes the world down.

lol...he's been our Chuck Norris like forever,well known on his great work ethic and really don't think it's necessary to go public with this kind of stuff.

If it was Hudler or some other lazy bum,I'd understand :P

Am I the only one that thinks Draper was one of our better forwards in the playoffs this year? He outworked half the team and certainly was a role player. Seeing that we only really have two players coming up and we should be losing two forwards... Why shouldn't we keep Draper?

That's true. I was just saying that letting him have a contract wouldn't hurt. I can understand why he wouldn't want to do it personally. Some people think he'd be screwing the team, and they thought the same of Malts last year. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Hopefully things will work out for the best for everyone, even if that means that Drapes rides off into the sunset.

Agreed. He deserves to end his career with dignity. I definitely see where you're coming from.