• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,700 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Draper has already said that he doesn't want to go through what Maltby did last year, I'd sort of assume that scenario would fall to close for comfort for him.

That's true. I was just saying that letting him have a contract wouldn't hurt. I can understand why he wouldn't want to do it personally. Some people think he'd be screwing the team, and they thought the same of Malts last year. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Hopefully things will work out for the best for everyone, even if that means that Drapes rides off into the sunset.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#22 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

When Kris Norris Draper does pushups, he doesn't push himself up. He pushes the world down.

lol...he's been our Chuck Norris like forever,well known on his great work ethic and really don't think it's necessary to go public with this kind of stuff.
If it was Hudler or some other lazy bum,I'd understand :P

#23 Redwings 1926

Redwings 1926

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

wish this team had half the heart Draper has, he battled like hell these last playoffs..

I wish the Lions' front office had half the heart Draper does.

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Am I the only one that thinks Draper was one of our better forwards in the playoffs this year? He outworked half the team and certainly was a role player. Seeing that we only really have two players coming up and we should be losing two forwards... Why shouldn't we keep Draper?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

That's true. I was just saying that letting him have a contract wouldn't hurt. I can understand why he wouldn't want to do it personally. Some people think he'd be screwing the team, and they thought the same of Malts last year. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Hopefully things will work out for the best for everyone, even if that means that Drapes rides off into the sunset.

Agreed. He deserves to end his career with dignity. I definitely see where you're coming from.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png