• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Thoughts on Sami Salo?

Rate this topic

He's horrible defensively and tends to injure himself for 20 games when he stubs his toe. And no, he's not very good at puck movement. He has a big shot, and that's it. It's easily taken away by the defense.

For $1m, sure. For more than that, no thanks.

I lol'd. You say every player is horrible defensively. Not everyone's a Lidstrom, but doesn't mean they're horrible.

Salo is made of glass, but is a great 3rd pair guy.

Salo is made of glass, but is a great 3rd pair guy.

I'm proud of you! You gave an unbiased evaluation on a Finn!

With that said, even for the 3rd pairing, he'd have to come here at a discount I doubt he'd be willing to take (1.5 or so) before I'd consider it... he's just injured so damn much, that you essentially need to sign another dman, just to be ready for when he goes down...

then again, many users here that have a hard-on for Smith could finally get to see him play when Salo misses at least half the season and we need to make a call up :hehe:

I'm proud of you! You gave an unbiased evaluation on a Finn!

I never felt I was biased. I just think I've seen Finnish players enough to analyze them. I knew Leino would be a good NHLer, I knew IFlip would never be nothing more than a great AHLer, everyone knows Salo is made of glass. :D

I also know that Granlund will be much better than Pulkkinen even though Pulks scored more points last season. But that you can tell just by looking at the draft numbers though.

I never felt I was biased. I just think I've seen Finnish players enough to analyze them. I knew Leino would be a good NHLer, I knew IFlip would never be nothing more than a great AHLer, everyone knows Salo is made of glass. :D

I also know that Granlund will be much better than Pulkkinen even though Pulks scored more points last season. But that you can tell just by looking at the draft numbers though.

for all Finnish players that haven't played over here, I think you're usually very unbiased and give great analysis on, I'm just kinda messing with you :cool:

Now, onto Finns that have played over here... sometimes I do think you pull for them a little too much and get a little skewed...

Guest blueadams

Possibly, if there weren't already 1/2 a dozen threads camparing alternatives, but even then you don't have to give the guy attitude.

But there are 1/2 dozen threads already comparing all available options and combinations, and like I said, you specifically asked about people's thoughts on one player. Don't get mad at him because he answered your question correctly and it made you look stupid; get mad at yourself.

I need to just stay away from your threads because I don't agree with the way you think and your crappy replies you give to people. (Not to mention that wanting Holmstrom on the 4rth line shows you really don't get it--it's never going to be 2002 again--the 4rth line has a different job now, and he can't perform it).) I used to join in all your line threads, because i could look over lines all day long, every day. People would give you crap all the time, but I kept joning in, until you gave me a real unprovoked and uncalled for crappy reply on one of my threads. Now I just think you're a dick that really doesn't understand much about hockey at all, or people for that matter.

I wheep for you and your hurt feelings

I know how you all hate lines...

I don't think anyone here hates lines.

Perhaps you are mistaking past posts where other people have pointed out the fact that the only thing you ever post about is line threads as "hate".

Edited by sleepwalker

He's horrible defensively and tends to injure himself for 20 games when he stubs his toe. And no, he's not very good at puck movement. He has a big shot, and that's it. It's easily taken away by the defense.

For $1m, sure. For more than that, no thanks.

It stings... I am forced to plus you and agree with most of what you said. Why must you do this to me?