• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Does anybody know if he can play the wing as well? I'm curious what kind of options he would give us as far as line combos?

Blueadams thread coming.

#22 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Blueadams thread coming.

+1 my friend! Gave me a good afternoon chuckle.

Posted Image

#23 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

The only thing is I don't have a clue on what Carters no trade clause is.... As of right now it looks like there is one in his contract but may not be in effect yet

"Also included in the deal was a limited no trade clause for Carter. Itís an unusual trade clause in the sense that it allows Carter to veto up to a maximum of 10 teams to which the Flyers can not trade him. That perk for Carter kicks in at the start of the 2012-13 season and runs for three seasons. After that, it is modified for the remainder of the deal."

#24 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Philadelphia tried him at wing early in the year and he wasn't nearly as effective, his style of play lends itself to being optimally placed at center.

#25 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Philadelphia tried him at wing early in the year and he wasn't nearly as effective, his style of play lends itself to being optimally placed at center.

Ok cool, thanks for the info.

Anybody else like the looks of this?

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Franzen-Carter-Cleary
Bertuzzi-Filpula-Abdelkader
Eaves-Helm-Miller

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#26 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Franzen-Carter-Cleary
Eaves-Helm-Miller

I think that looks good, those first two lines are dynamite. Also they are interchangeable if less production starts to occur. No matter what way you change them around I think they are two very solid "top 2 lines". Like the third line as well, and the fourth has a grind line feel to it. Looks good to me. Then the rest of the money, well most of it, can be used to lock up some solid defenseman. I am a total fan of this idea.

Posted Image

#27 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Jeff Carter would be GREAT, $5 mil cap hit per year, 25 years old, signed through 2018-2019, he has 40-50 goal abilities. He would be a monster addition at a relatively low price. However, Philly will explore all options before dealing him.

Word has it that they are close to getting a deal with Columbus for a top-six forward and the eighth overall pick in this yearís entry draft. If that is the case... you can forget about us getting him.

BTW, horrible guy to put with Nash. IMO. They have been looking for a top center forever. Boy would I be pissed if I was Carter and traded to the Jackets. His lifetime contract would be like a sentence then.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#28 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

If we could somehow get Carter I'm all for it. Make it happen Kenny.... :thumbup:

#29 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

Franzen-Carter-Cleary
Eaves-Helm-Miller

Id roll with this (must consider some of these guys may be traded the other way):

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Franzen
Filppula-Carter-Cleary
Bertuzzi-Helm-Eaves
Miller-Abdelkader-Mursak
Holmstrom
I think Helm has earned 3rd line status with the top 2 lines being loaded.

Edited by dirtydangles, 09 June 2011 - 01:43 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#30 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Word has it that they are close to getting a deal with Columbus for a top-six forward and the eighth overall pick in this yearís entry draft. If that is the case... you can forget about us getting him.

BTW, horrible guy to put with Nash. IMO. They have been looking for a top center forever. Boy would I be pissed if I was Carter and traded to the Jackets. His lifetime contract would be like a sentence then.

Previous post on the first page stated this as well with a link. The player mentioned was Voracek. If you read some previous posts, I said my reasons on why I didn't think that it would be a smart move for Philly to make that deal.

Posted Image

#31 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, it's probably an extremely long shot, but man would it ever look good.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#32 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

Carter's contract has an NTC through duration (Full through part and partial through the rest), his contract runs through 21-22, and his playoff production has been quite poor. Do. Not. Want.

Coburn, on the other hand? Yes, please.. though Carle is much more likely.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#33 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

The best shot we had was trading picks, not players.

Emmerton is the guy I would peg to be the basis for a trade with Philly. Then we would need to put Filpulla in there, because I doubt they would want Hudler. Now I would consider trading Hudler, Filpulla, Emmerton, and two firsts for Carle and Carter. I would even offer Bertuzzi if he would waive his NTC, which he won't... If they want the rights to E, go ahead and throw that in lol.

Here is a cap number. Not saying we do go after Bieksa, but just showing that the cap money is there.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m)
/ Kris Draper ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Matt Carle ($3.437m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.500m)
/ Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,018,938; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,381,062
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#34 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Franzen-Carter-Cleary
Eaves-Helm-Miller

Maybe, hopefully it's just me but the Euro Twins seem to be all but dead. Hank and Pav don't have the same chemistry as they did and it only shows in flashes on the power play. Pushing either of them to the wing seems to really limit their effectiveness.

#35 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Maybe, hopefully it's just me but the Euro Twins seem to be all but dead. Hank and Pav don't have the same chemistry as they did and it only shows in flashes on the power play. Pushing either of them to the wing seems to really limit their effectiveness.

Even though in my previous post I said I like these top two lines I tend to agree with you. At least the past two seasons they seemed more explosive leading there own lines. If that was the case and we traded for Carter maybe we could turn it into more of a block buster trade since we would have a log jam at the center position. Trade Filppula in the deal as well and receive Carle or Corburn? Just an idea.

Posted Image

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Emmerton is the guy I would peg to be the basis for a trade with Philly. Then we would need to put Filpulla in there, because I doubt they would want Hudler. Now I would consider trading Hudler, Filpulla, Emmerton, and two firsts for Carle and Carter. I would even offer Bertuzzi if he would waive his NTC, which he won't... If they want the rights to E, go ahead and throw that in lol.

They would want a Dman in return. I don't think rights to ericsson who wants a butload of money will fix the situation. We'd have to offer up Kindl as opposed to Hudler probably.... I want to dump him, but he's not philly's kind of player.

#37 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Here is a cap number. Not saying we do go after Bieksa, but just showing that the cap money is there.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.750m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m)
/ Kris Draper ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
Matt Carle ($3.437m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.500m)
/ Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,018,938; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,381,062

No way Smith would be on the second line defense. About a 5% chance to see that happen, otherwise looks solid ( not the way the line combos are set but the roster looks good)

Posted Image

#38 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Even though in my previous post I said I like these top two lines I tend to agree with you. At least the past two seasons they seemed more explosive leading there own lines. If that was the case and we traded for Carter maybe we could turn it into more of a block buster trade since we would have a log jam at the center position. Trade Filppula in the deal as well and receive Carle or Corburn? Just an idea.

Agreed. Fil would have to go the other way in a package. Him or Abby+ I think philly would like Abby+ better as he is grittier and has a lower cap hit....

#39 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

You may be right on this. However, and I'll probably get blasted for this, one of the VERY FEW criticisms that I have of Babcock is that he plays with the line combinations constantly. To the point that guys are playing with different pairings every few nights. In a game where chemistry and timing matters as much as hockey, it seems to really bog some guys down. I don't know if that's the reason they haven't been as good together, but I don't really care for it, and certainly you don't see other teams tops lines doing it (at least not nearly as often).

#40 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

You may be right on this. However, and I'll probably get blasted for this, one of the VERY FEW criticisms that I have of Babcock is that he plays with the line combinations constantly. To the point that guys are playing with different pairings every few nights. In a game where chemistry and timing matters as much as hockey, it seems to really bog some guys down. I don't know if that's the reason they haven't been as good together, but I don't really care for it, and certainly you don't see other teams tops lines doing it (at least not nearly as often).

I totally agree. Babs does mess with the lines a little too much. Thats why I'd like to see a guy like Carter who is guaranteed a top 2 line spot replace somebody, gives babs less options to keep promoting and demoting guys.
For 6 spots ud have:

Z
Dats
Carter
Franzen
Cleary
Filppula (If not part of the trade)

Which makes it less likely that there will be juggling of all 4 lines. It would be a guy or two moving between the top 2 lines.