• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Fedorov Helps a Local Family with Medical Expenses

Rate this topic

I s*** you not, Rob Torrence (the father) used to work with me!!! I've known met him 1994! OMG, I didn't even know his son was in that condition!!! He was "relieved of his duties" a about 5-8 years ago... wow! His nickname was/is Tumbleweed... Thank you Sergei, thank you.... After watching the and hearing that the disease started when his boy was 7, it's no wonder I didn't know about it...sad...but at least he has gotten some help.... God Bless you Tumbleweed and your son!

Edited by LeftWinger

Fedorov will always be one of the greatest Wings to where the jersey. Sure I don't agree with how his career here ended; but I'm sure if you asked him today he may express a little bit of regret. Money does the strangest things to people.

Hopefully we will see 91 in the rafters some day. He deserves it.

I never did understand the Feds haters.

He took shifts/games off, contract hold-outs, darting for a chance to make more elsewhere... and all this to the organization that essentially smuggled him and his entire family out of Russia...

His number does not deserve to be retired and he should not be brought back here just for sentimental reasons when he has no place on this team...

With that said, he still had a great career here and those moments should not be forgotten either and this is a GREAT story, but lets not let something all warm and fuzzy cloud the memory of what he put the organization through when he tried to, and then when he finally did leave...

Indeed. But that doesn't mean we should stop lauding his acts of charity.

Agreed and this is what the focus of this topic needs to stay on.

He took shifts/games off, contract hold-outs, darting for a chance to make more elsewhere... and all this to the organization that essentially smuggled him and his entire family out of Russia...

His number does not deserve to be retired and he should not be brought back here just for sentimental reasons when he has no place on this team...

With that said, he still had a great career here and those moments should not be forgotten either and this is a GREAT story, but lets not let something all warm and fuzzy cloud the memory of what he put the organization through when he tried to, and then when he finally did leave...

:rolleyes: I know that this will have no effect, just like the million other times this has been mentioned, but Fedorov was making LESS in Anaheim than he was offered in Detroit. IIRC, he was offered 10 mil. per year in Detroit, and he made * mil. in Anaheim. If you hate the guy, at least get the reasons for your hate straight.

:rolleyes: I know that this will have no effect, just like the million other times this has been mentioned, but Fedorov was making LESS in Anaheim than he was offered in Detroit. IIRC, he was offered 10 mil. per year in Detroit, and he made * mil. in Anaheim. If you hate the guy, at least get the reasons for your hate straight.

And all this has zero to do with his charity work. Please keep it on topic.

I used to be one in the years right after he left for Anaheim. I feared he may have been starting a trend whereby all the big name free agents want to play in the "sexy markets" with all of the MTV appeal, like NYC, LA, Florida, etc. I know now that I was wrong as the NHL did not become the NBA, and the Wings managed to win another without him. Let's just say I felt some of Cleveland's pain when "Queen James" bailed on them.

That said, I hold nothing against Federov anymore and have actually come to respect the guy.