• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Wojtek Wolski

Rate this topic

Was thinking about it today. He's a big boy at 6'3 215, has good hands, would likely come at a cheaper price because of the buyout and he can score some goals in the right situation. Plus he's been a strong playoff player in limited games. This would be a great reclamation project :thumbup:

I'll pass. When a player is too lazy to even make it on the Rangers, there's usually a bigger problem there.

He has tons of talent, but unless he comes REAL cheap, there are better options, including the ones already on our team. I would rather him than Hudler, though. But not necessarily at that price.

Rangers seem to be buying a lot of players out by the rumors. Who is next?

Drury, from what I've heard, might be bought out as well. Looks like Sather might be making room to make a pitch for Brad Richards on July 1.

From ESPN, so take it with a dosegrain of salt.

New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather is prepared to buy out the final season of Chris Drury's five-year, $35.25 million contract, according to a report in the New York Daily News, which cites an anonymous source.

"He's gone," the source told the Daily News.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6643958

I'll pass. When a player is too lazy to even make it on the Rangers, there's usually a bigger problem there.

He has tons of talent, but unless he comes REAL cheap, there are better options, including the ones already on our team. I would rather him than Hudler, though. But not necessarily at that price.

Exactly..clearly this kid has some issues because with his skill level he should be able to stick with a team.

Exactly..clearly this kid has some issues because with his skill level he should be able to stick with a team.

Reclamation, in the vain of Eaves, Bert, and Cleary. Sign him relatively cheap for a year, if he works out, great, if not cut him. No harm no foul.

Look what he's had to deal with and the crap teams he's been on... as I said in my original post, all the kid needs is some consistency and leadership around him and I think the Red Wings organization is exactly that... I think the kid would explode here...

Also, I question how much you've watched him play if you think he's lazy... if anything, his scoring consistency is the only thing in question, never his effort...

Edited by stevkrause

I'd give Wolski a shot, we've all seen what he's capable of and - while he's been on a number of teams - you can't blame a guy for not producing under Tortorella.

Exactly, also Colorado during their worst years, Phoenix for less than a year and then NY for less than a year... if that's not some horrible situations for a player, I don't know what is... no consistency or stability, no leadership and no real management in any of them...

I have no doubt in my mind that he would explode here...

EDIT - I almost forgot add all of those factors with the fact that this was for a kid breaking into the league at 21... he probably wouldn't even be out of our farm system until now had he been developed here... he's only 25 still and just needs that structure, this could be one of the biggest steals ever if we could make it happen...

Edited by stevkrause

For those questioning his work ethic, remember our series against Phoenix in '09 he was an absolute beast, not only scoring but he was hustling his butt off, going into the dirty areas to make plays, and playing more physical than I thought he was capable of. If we could sign THAT Wojtek Wolski for around 2-2.5mil I would be all for it. His being traded twice in the past 2 seasons is mainly due to salary (Colorado had already given up on the '09 season and were sellers at the deadline, Phoenix signed him to a contract that later didn't fit into their self-imposed budget), and name me a Rangers player outside of Ryan Callahan who hasn't been called out for supposedly being lazy under John Tortorella. I vote yes, I would even be willing to trade Hudler for him if the Rangers don't end up buying out his contract.

Just imagine this up front...

**DISCLAIMER - LINES ARE SUBJECTIVE, ONLY SET UP THIS WAY FOR FORMATTING PURPOSES, NOT LINE COMBOS**

Daniel Cleary / Pavel Datsyuk / Wojtek Wolski

Tomas Holmstrom / Henrik Zetterberg / Johan Franzen

Jiri Hudler / Valtteri Filppula / Todd Bertuzzi

Justin Abdelkader / Darren Helm / Patrick Eaves

Cory Emmerton / Jan Mursak

If that doesn't get you pumped at the thought of the different line combos, depth, size and options it would give Babs, I don't know what would...

Edited by stevkrause

I really, really like this kid and would love to see him in the wheel. He is a steal and completely aree with stevkrause on this one. He really hasnt been given a chance to gel with a team and this is exactly the kind of player the Wings work really well with. Lets get this one done!

I really, really like this kid and would love to see him in the wheel. He is a steal and completely aree with stevkrause on this one. He really hasnt been given a chance to gel with a team and this is exactly the kind of player the Wings work really well with. Lets get this one done!

This. need to dump hudler if we do this.

NY Post-

The Post has learned the team does not intend to buy out Wojtek Wolski in the initial June window -- the winger carries a $3.8 million charge -- but the possibility remains under consideration if deemed necessary in August.

Looks like Wolski might only be available as a late summer steal.

NY Post-

Looks like Wolski might only be available as a late summer steal.

I'd be fine with us trading Hudler for Wolski straight up right now, then they can buy out Hudler at less if they want to, or roll with him... I personally think Hudler could still be a valuable player and DO NOT WANT TO turn this into yet ANOTHER Hudler thread, but I think Wolski would really find his niche here and could be huge for us... I'd even be willing for the Wing's to eat the additional 1m in salary for that trade off if needed...

To be honest, I'd rather roll with them both, but I'd take Wolski over Hudler right now and I think he could turn into a 70+ pt a year guy here, maybe more...

Wolski doesn't really seem like a Wings type of player and I don't see him fitting in. He isn't exactly a fast skater and plays almost no defense. I have a feeling if we signed him, 90% of this board would be shipping him off by November.

Wolski doesn't really seem like a Wings type of player and I don't see him fitting in. He isn't exactly a fast skater and plays almost no defense. I have a feeling if we signed him, 90% of this board would be shipping him off by November.

:blink:

Are we talking about the same player? For his size, he's pretty damn quick... defense can be taught, look at Bertuzzi...