• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Uniblab

As the (Max) Domi Turns

Rate this topic

From Canoe.ca

My link

"LONDON, ONT. - Mark Hunter is no doubt happy he's had the opportunity to sit on his tractor the last week or so, having little to worry about except getting those soybeans in the ground.

He doesn't have to deal with the swirl surrounding Max Domi.

For those who haven’t followed As the Domi Turns, the first episode had young Max telling Ontario Hockey League teams that he was not going to play in the league but rather worry about his education and eventually play at an American college.

Of course, as with most soap operas there are always subplots. In this one young Domi really wants to play in the OHL but only in certain cities.

The plan goes awry when Kingston general manager Doug Gilmour steps in to foil the plan. He drafts young Domi and the plot thickens.

Domi won’t go.

Enter the London Knights or White Knight as they like to be known. Suspicion remains that London was young Domi’s initial destination. Not surprisingly, the Knights would love to help Domi out of this distressful situation.

And what would a good soap opera be without a complicated family situation. Tie Domi is a former NHL player. He and Max’s mother are divorced. Mom would like son to go to university.

Because of OHL rules, nothing can be done until almost September.

Hunter is hoping what he plants now, he’ll harvest in September and it isn’t soybeans.

Tie Domi made a visit to London last week. Hunter confirmed the visit.

Domi flew in by helicopter, talked with Hunter and left via the same transport method.

“No comment,” Hunter said.

Not about the conversation, Hunter admitted to chatting with the former tough guy. The no comment was about whether Domi flew in by whirlybird or not.

“I had conversations with Gilmour and Domi,” Hunter said. “A lot of people are talking to them.”

Whether a deal is done and just waiting for September to roll around earned yet another “no comment.”

That will be the final episode of As the Domi Turns."

------------------------

Sounds like a bitter custody battle. Mom's pulling one arm in the college direction, dad Tie is pulling the other arm in the London Knights direction.

Poor kid. I wonder if any has bothered to ask him what HE wants.

Edited by Uniblab

From Canoe.ca

My link

"LONDON, ONT. - Mark Hunter is no doubt happy he's had the opportunity to sit on his tractor the last week or so, having little to worry about except getting those soybeans in the ground.

He doesn't have to deal with the swirl surrounding Max Domi.

For those who haven’t followed As the Domi Turns, the first episode had young Max telling Ontario Hockey League teams that he was not going to play in the league but rather worry about his education and eventually play at an American college.

Of course, as with most soap operas there are always subplots. In this one young Domi really wants to play in the OHL but only in certain cities.

The plan goes awry when Kingston general manager Doug Gilmour steps in to foil the plan. He drafts young Domi and the plot thickens.

Domi won’t go.

Enter the London Knights or White Knight as they like to be known. Suspicion remains that London was young Domi’s initial destination. Not surprisingly, the Knights would love to help Domi out of this distressful situation.

And what would a good soap opera be without a complicated family situation. Tie Domi is a former NHL player. He and Max’s mother are divorced. Mom would like son to go to university.

Because of OHL rules, nothing can be done until almost September.

Hunter is hoping what he plants now, he’ll harvest in September and it isn’t soybeans.

Tie Domi made a visit to London last week. Hunter confirmed the visit.

Domi flew in by helicopter, talked with Hunter and left via the same transport method.

“No comment,” Hunter said.

Not about the conversation, Hunter admitted to chatting with the former tough guy. The no comment was about whether Domi flew in by whirlybird or not.

“I had conversations with Gilmour and Domi,” Hunter said. “A lot of people are talking to them.”

Whether a deal is done and just waiting for September to roll around earned yet another “no comment.”

That will be the final episode of As the Domi Turns."

------------------------

Sounds like a bitter custody battle. Mom's pulling one arm in the college direction, dad Tie is pulling the other arm in the London Knights direction.

Poor kid. I wonder if any has bothered to ask him what HE wants.

The kid has stated what he wants... He wants to only play for certain teams in the OHL. Sound like the Eli Manning/Elway of the hockey world. You'll probably see his rights traded to the Knights and then they'll sign him, or he'll go play NCAA hockey and get a college education.

I had no idea that Domi had his own reality show.

I'm surprised it's not aired on American primetime television. :rolleyes:

Sounds like some heady stuff. Probably fly right over our heads.

On topic- Sounds like a young Eric Lindros to me. I hope this kid is as good as he thinks he is.

Versteeg at $3.1 million will be traded long before Carter at $5 million long term. He is the face of their Franchise.

There should be a rule against this, I hate how many plaers do this and the knights have been the worst for it. It stops the small town OHL teams from having any success.

Kane and Gagnier off the top of my head both went to the knights after saying they would go to college and the knights had those 40 wins in a row or whatever it was that year.

There should be a rule against this, I hate how many plaers do this and the knights have been the worst for it. It stops the small town OHL teams from having any success.

Kane and Gagnier off the top of my head both went to the knights after saying they would go to college and the knights had those 40 wins in a row or whatever it was that year.

Yea.. I hate when under achieving wingers are traded instead of top line centers, too, and wh--

wait, what?

Sounds like some heady stuff. Probably fly right over our heads.

On topic- Sounds like a young Eric Lindros to me. I hope this kid is as good as he thinks he is.

Lindros was the first thing that came to mind. I remember being a young kid and losing a lot of respect for him for his refusal to play for the team that drafted him.

I don't know much about Max Domi, but I certainly remember what a wonderful human being his father was. :rolleyes:

Lindros was the first thing that came to mind. I remember being a young kid and losing a lot of respect for him for his refusal to play for the team that drafted him.

I don't know much about Max Domi, but I certainly remember what a wonderful human being his father was. :rolleyes:

What happened with Lindros in 1989:

http://michigandaily.com/sports/trading-one-m-another-investigating-unique-pipeline-binding-two-north-american-hockey-power?page=0,3

On a side note relating to that Lindros article: Does anyone know why so many coaches seem to be against letting players have high numbers? I understand the significance of numbers to a lot of players, but I don't see why a coach should care what numbers they pick. I hear about this preference among coaches all over but have never heard a reason.

On a side note relating to that Lindros article: Does anyone know why so many coaches seem to be against letting players have high numbers? I understand the significance of numbers to a lot of players, but I don't see why a coach should care what numbers they pick. I hear about this preference among coaches all over but have never heard a reason.

Something about putting the team before you. If you've been playing hockey at a school for a long time and it's always been low numbers, then you have some punk who will only play for you if he gets "his" number, then it shows a character flaw and what not.

Something about putting the team before you. If you've been playing hockey at a school for a long time and it's always been low numbers, then you have some punk who will only play for you if he gets "his" number, then it shows a character flaw and what not.

Well, I understand that, but why does it have to be low numbers. For instance, if my number was 24 (which I've used in every sport I've played) I could make just as much fuss over getting it as someone with 95 for a number.

Well, I understand that, but why does it have to be low numbers. For instance, if my number was 24 (which I've used in every sport I've played) I could make just as much fuss over getting it as someone with 95 for a number.

Mainly because low numbers have been used since the dawn of time and to have someone be like, I want to wear 74, it just looks like a selfish act and going against what the players (who were probably better than you) before you did.

He's stated that Michigan is his top choice if he decides to come to the U.S. for college. For that reason, I hope he comes but am pretty sure he'll be traded to London and sign there.

Point of information: He was selected by the Indiana Ice in the USHL futures draft this spring. So, he claimed he would go to the USHL before Michigan. (Mike Babcock's son was drafted by Cedar Rapids in the same draft)

Point of information: He was selected by the Indiana Ice in the USHL futures draft this spring. So, he claimed he would go to the USHL before Michigan. (Mike Babcock's son was drafted by Cedar Rapids in the same draft)

Yeah, he's still too young to start college in the fall. He'd be a 2012-13 (or 13-14) freshman.