• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheCaptain19

Paul MacLean named head coach of Senators

Rate this topic

On the hotstove they said it was down to three final candidates, but they didn't say who were the final three. Personally I want Boughner to be our new D coach and MacLean to give us at least two more years before taking a head coach job.

I would rather Maclean go if we got Boughner, because I think Gallant could take his place. Not saying that Gallant would be better than MacLean, but overall I think that is a better scenario.

I like Paul MacLean a lot so I hope he stays. He was the head coach of the Quad City Mallards back when they were in the UHL the Mallards were the Arch Rival of my hometown team the Muskegon Fury. I remember the year we won our second Colonial Cup Championship in 02 after eliminating the Mallards in Game 7 in Quad City to put us in the Finals MacLean came into the Muskegon Lockeroom and gave a very motivating speech to the Muskegon Fury at least that is what I heard from my local paper and every since I read that MacLean has held a special place in my heart. Every year at Training Camp I always yell Go Mallards or Go Quad City and that always gets some type of response out of him. I'm looking forward to being able to do that again. If he does go I wish him the best of luck but I hope he doesn't.

I don't like change!...

:crybaby:

Winnipeg has opened up a coaching search of their own. If for some reason MacLean doesn't get the Ottawa job. He would have a good chance at getting the job in Winnipeg, since he played there.

Could have an offseason where both coaches and two top defensemen are gone. Yikes!

Now, Bob McKenzie tweeting that Pete Deboer, former Florida head coach, has been talked about for a Wings assistant position.

Edited by CenterIce

Red Wings assistant coach Paul Maclean is expected to be named the head coach of the Ottawa Senators tomorrow. Maclean was in charge of the forwards and power play. With Brad McCrimmon leaving for the KHL this summer, the Wings will have to replace both of their assistant coaches

f***! this is bulls***!

Its gonna suck losing him, but look at the bright side, this shake up could be good for us... I would love to see Gallant come on as O coach, the best offensive year Col had (when Nash scored 50) was when he was coaching them... even when he played, he made his offense by seeing the game well, not pure skill and he has a good offensive mind...

Not unexpected. Losing your assistant coaches kind of goes with the territory when you're successful. I'm actually excited to see who they get to replace him and McCrimmon. We still have the coach that matters most with Babcock and maybe these new coaches will add a new dimension to our game.

Read an article earlier today speculating that Hitchcock may go for an assistance coach position in Detroit if he can't land a head coaching gig. However, I'd think by that point, we'd have our needs filled behind the bench.

But you have to admit, the joke possibilities of having him and Babs behind the bench.

cock.jpeg

(Protip: Make sure your SafeSearch IS NOT OFF before doing a GIS for that. :scared:)