• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

just for fun bring Joey Kocur back to the bench that would provide a bit of intensity!

You skate your azz off or he drops the gloves on ya!
"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

Boughner is the guy. Windsor guy so he will stick around forever. Tough guy and former enforcer, so the players will get rougher. Defensive guy, which we need. Oh and TWO Memorial Cups, back to back which is very hard to do and the kind of passion we need to keep winning cups! I not only could see him as an assistant, but a possible future head coach.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

I read on twitter I beleive that Deboer out of Florida has been interviewed for the job. Not sure about his style or anything Ive never really paid any attention to him lol.

Gallant or Boughner seem like realistic options, it seems alittle odd that Boughner said he wanted to live in Windsor and pursue other options right around the time the wings had a coaching vacancy.

Gallant has done well in St John as well. They probably have alot of guys in mind. Gota wonder if Fischer is in the running for coaching the defense with how well hes done in his role as the player development guy

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#24 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

I read on twitter I beleive that Deboer out of Florida has been interviewed for the job. Not sure about his style or anything Ive never really paid any attention to him lol.

Gallant or Boughner seem like realistic options, it seems alittle odd that Boughner said he wanted to live in Windsor and pursue other options right around the time the wings had a coaching vacancy.

Gallant has done well in St John as well. They probably have alot of guys in mind. Gota wonder if Fischer is in the running for coaching the defense with how well hes done in his role as the player development guy

I just read there is some interest in Deboer as well... Deboer/Bougner? I wouldn't hate it, but I'd much prefer they brought on Gallant/Bougner - another article in regards to this:
http://www.vancouver...5580/story.html

Also, looks like Minnesota is out of the race for head gigs, so that's one less destination for the likes of Hitch/Gallant to go to:
http://www.foxnews.c...oach-on-friday/

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#25 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

I just read there is some interest in Deboer as well... Deboer/Bougner? I wouldn't hate it, but I'd much prefer they brought on Gallant/Bougner - another article in regards to this:
http://www.vancouver...5580/story.html

Also, looks like Minnesota is out of the race for head gigs, so that's one less destination for the likes of Hitch/Gallant to go to:
http://www.foxnews.c...oach-on-friday/

I am with you 100%

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#26 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

NHL.com: Gulutzan chosen as Dallas Stars head coach

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#27 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

NHL.com: Gulutzan chosen as Dallas Stars head coach

woohoo, teams, keep filling those roles... Gallant and Hitchcock odds get better each filled job!

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#28 SouthernHockeyHoney

SouthernHockeyHoney

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

This is a far-fetched idea... but anyone consider Chelios as an assistant or defensive coach? There is a wealth of experience there, and he has served as a mentor for younger players. Could he step into a coaching role? Since there is so much speculation in the mix, just thought I'd toss this in for comment.
The only thing better than a cold glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill.

#29 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

This is a far-fetched idea... but anyone consider Chelios as an assistant or defensive coach? There is a wealth of experience there, and he has served as a mentor for younger players. Could he step into a coaching role? Since there is so much speculation in the mix, just thought I'd toss this in for comment.

Its been touched on, but the fact is, he needs some seasoning as a coach before he steps into an NHL gig... now if they wanted to promote Fraser from GR and one of the Assts there to head of GR and make Cheli an asst in GR, that I think would be perfect, then he could take over here as an asst in a few years when Hitch or Boughner (wishful thinking) or whomever else gets the role moves on...

Edited by stevkrause, 17 June 2011 - 06:00 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#30 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

It's not far fetched, and many people have suggested him already (just not in this thread).
He has no real coaching experience (doing and teaching are different things).
He's happy in his current front office position with the wings. He has previously dismissed (but not rejected) the thought publicly in interviews.
I don't think he really is after a coaching position. He's a businessman running multiple restaurants, I'd peg him much more as a hopeful future GM or president candidate.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 17 June 2011 - 05:44 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#31 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

Only the Devils head coach slot left now. maybe we could get Hitch after all.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#32 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

Hitchcock would be awesome but he seems like he should be in the market for a head coaching job

#33 SouthernHockeyHoney

SouthernHockeyHoney

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hitchcock would be awesome but he seems like he should be in the market for a head coaching job

I concur that a lot of these guys would work in the Wing's system, and there are only so many NHL head coach positions available... If you were Hitch, or any of the others... would you be willing to take a head coaching position in a lesser league, or would you be willing to accept a lesser ROLE and stay in the big league? I guess if it were me, I'd like to say in the NHL, even if it is only a stop-gap until another head coach position opens up.
The only thing better than a cold glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill.

#34 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

The thing is this, Babcock is off reading books on success and he said case studies show that new upcoming leaders are better than old pressed leaders in almost every case. He now has the mindframe that he wants to find these new coaches that no one has heard of to bring a new style to the Red Wings. This was all said in one of his video interviews. He came across saying that it's obvious that we're coming up short here two years in a row from the same thing, we need some changes and that calls for new faces. He wants to change his style of play and he's looking for the new guys to address the styles to the team. So we may all be wrong here and he's going to surprise us all with some random names on his bench.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hitch turns down Red Wings job. Via twitter.

http://www.thehockey...-NHL-bench.html

#36 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

it says reportedly? f***. i wanted hitch.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#37 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

it says reportedly? f***. i wanted hitch.

The Hockey News is a better source than ESPN for this stuff.

Oh well, I would think it would have been a one year stop for him anyways. Boughner and Gallant please.

#38 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Well that's a freakin' bummer...

EDIT - Parts of this article seem like speculation to me, so I wouldn't completely close the door yet...

Edited by stevkrause, 20 June 2011 - 03:30 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#39 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

Well that's a freakin' bummer...

EDIT - Parts of this article seem like speculation to me, so I wouldn't completely close the door yet...

ya thats the impression i got too.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#40 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

I don't think it is speculation. I bet Babs offered him the job and Hitch said no thanks flat out. In the modern era, it is better to just take a job with a sports journalism group and wait for a head coaching position to appear then to take a step backwards.