• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

A dirt cheap Jagr is better than Hudler, even if it is just a band-aid to give us another year to replace Hudler. Either way Hudler has to go.

If Jagr is Hudler's replacement then I will do cartwheels naked in front of my workplace. Well maybe I will just pump my fist quietly in my cubicle.

If he comes cheap like the articles are saying, this would not be a bad addition to the Wings, especially with Draper not being resigned and Emmerton being such a huge question mark.

Edited by Shaman464

I'd rather go Zherdev. If he pans out, we could have a player with phenomenal talent for a decade. If it doesn't pan out, we've lost nothing.

You'd rather go with a winger that has potential, but hasn't done anything over a guy that's won Stanley Cups, scoring titles and MVP awards? Not sure about that one. Obviously the Jagr the Wings would sign wouldn't be the one that achieved that greatness, but Jagr's worst year in his mid 30's was better than Zherdev's best ever.

Guest Crymson

I'd rather go Zherdev. If he pans out, we could have a player with phenomenal talent for a decade. If it doesn't pan out, we've lost nothing.

He's also a giant douchebag. He won't see the inside of the Wings` locker room.

This past season, playing for Omsk Avangard of the KHL, Jagr tallied 51 points in 49 games. He scored 19 goals and had 32 assists.

It's being reported that Jagr's agent, Petr Svoboda, has contacted four clubs — Detroit, Pittsburgh, Montreal and the Rangers — about the services of his client. Jagr has played for three teams during his NHL career: the Penguins, Capitals, and Rangers.

Detroit appears to have the inside track because Jagr is salivating at the opportunity to play with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. But reports also suggest that Jagr also is seeking a major payday.

If that's the case, don't expect Detroit to sign him. The Wings are smarting from the Mike Modano experiment. They're apprehensive about signing aging veterans who are susceptible to injury and a diminishing skill set.

Umm... me thinks if Babcock has personally spoken with Jagr, that any "bad attitude" would be perceived or discussed. I think some are overblowing the idea that Jagr is a "lockerroom cancer."

Any by the way, if Jagr doesn't fit into the lockerroom, how does Zherdev? Doesn't he have a bad attitude and is lazy at times? I'd rather have someone who is proven and 39 for one season than possibly sign someone for a multi-year contract that could potentially just be a more skilled Hudler with a bad attitude and lazy worth ethic.

Don't forget that there is supposed to be a better UFA class next off-season and that we will need to work in Kronwall and Stuart's new contracts, so a 1 year deal may not be a bad thing.

I'd say if Babcock vets the guy and all is well, I trust the signing (if it happens).

Well, of course. If the guy is looking for more than 1.5 million, it's not happening in Detroit.

So maybe the Zherdev lovers will get their wish?

Guest blueadams

Just say NO!

He IS a has-been. and he IS an idiot!

We don't need idiots in this locker room.

Say hello to your new top six forward!! http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/06/jaromir_jagr_to_the_red_wings.html

Jagr's coming and there's nothing you pathetic, bitter, whining, moaning, b****ing losers can do about it!!

LINES!!!!!

Jagr-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Filppula-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves/Miller

Mursak

Emmerton

Lidstrom-Wisniewski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson/Smith-Kindl

Janik

Howard