• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

if jagr is signing then my guess is lids will resign

"Resign" or "re-sign"? Pretty key difference there.

As far as Jagr. No thanks, says I. While he is usually solid holding onto the puck (

), he never was as strong a two-way player as our system needs. If he's literally the only option we have, I suppose I would take him. But I wouldn't be too happy about it.

"Resign" or "re-sign"? Pretty key difference there.

As far as Jagr. No thanks, says I. While he is usually solid holding onto the puck (

), he never was as strong a two-way player as our system needs. If he's literally the only option we have, I suppose I would take him. But I wouldn't be too happy about it.

re sgin, if lids was leaving why would jagr want to come to a team that lost 2 of the best defense men?

def not two way and i think hes lazy but he can score. like i said before i would only want him if he was cheap.

I thought this team would be making a big deal about signing a top dman. considering we just lost raffy out of no where.

What have we learned from Modano?

Pretty much a copy/paste job from the other thread where Jagr is a focus...

Modano suffered a freak injury that happens probably once in a blue moon. It's not that he was lighting the world on fire prior to the injury but I think he was starting to find his way on the team. Lengthy time off and having to get re-conditioned again, it was just a hard situation.

Some might question Modano's attitude which I understand, maybe he shouldn't have gone public saying I might retire or not sure how much I have left, but I think a lot of it is just general frustration. I don't think he was being a drama queen or playing the woe is me card, not blaming anybody, it probably wasn't an issue in the locker room which messed up psyche, and so forth. He knew that his time was up sooner than later to begin with and this injury just confused things even more.

Relating that to the perception or fact that Jagr has an attitude problem or whatever, I can't comment on that because I didn't follow him enough in Pitt, Washington and NYC.

I think he is definitely worth pursuing as long as the priorities first are having Mursak and Emmerton round out roster spots (and possibly re-signing Draper which I haven't ruled out yet).

Despite reports coming out of Detroit by way of MLive.com and Detroit Free Press, Jagr can hardly care less about going to the Red Wings, or the Penguins, or the Capitals, or the Rangers or, Heavens forbid, to Montreal.

So that means he cares?

(Could care less=/=couldn't care less)

:hehe:

Not sure I can trust the journalistic quality of a publication hiring writers that confuse that term. People on message boards are one things. Paid writers are another matter.

Art Regner - Fox Sports Detroit

It’s being reported that Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, has contacted four clubs — Detroit, Pittsburgh, Montreal and the Rangers — about the services of his client. Jagr has played for three teams during his NHL career: the Penguins, Capitals, and Rangers.

Detroit appears to have the inside track because Jagr is salivating at the opportunity to play with Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg. But reports also suggest that Jagr also is seeking a major payday.

If that’s the case, don’t expect Detroit to sign him. The Wings are smarting from the Mike Modano experiment. They’re apprehensive about signing aging veterans who are susceptible to injury and a diminishing skill set.

Also, Wings general manager Ken Holland has repeatedly said that he is fine with his forward corps, that his main focus is retooling his defense. (Holland has always sunk money into his blue-liners.)

I don't want Jagr here, and if he wants a huge payday... I want him even less.

There's no way that the Wings can compete with what Jagr can make in the KHL without jeopardizing the ability to sign a replacement for Rafalski.

Art Regner - Fox Sports Detroit

I don't want Jagr here, and if he wants a huge payday... I want him even less.

There's no way that the Wings can compete with what Jagr can make in the KHL without jeopardizing the ability to sign a replacement for Rafalski.

I agree... We can't give him a major payday. This is the first I have heard of him asking for one and I really don't think he is in the position to ask for one. He is an aging vet. (yes with a lot of skill left). Who is looking at a last run for a cup after not playing in the NHL for 3 years. To me that doesn't ring pay day... If Jagr wants to play for a true contender it should be more around the words of "discount"

I will say I like the thought of Jagr on the wings. Babcock said he wanted more up front. This does that and if it's at a nice price it doesn't dip into our pockets that deep for our D signings. It also will most likely be a 1 year deal so if it fails he is gone next year, or if we need the cap room. I believe even if he put up only 40 points. It is 40 points we didnt have last year and one more strong big forward on our team. Our wings consisting of Franzen, Jagr, Holmstrom, and Bertuzzi sounds great and would give guys like datsyuk, zetterberg, Filppula and even Hudler some more room to work with.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

I say we offer him about $1 million. Nothing more and that's it 2 or 3 years at max. I don't see him bringing anything to this team we don't already have. We need to save the cap space for a top 4 defensemen. I am infuriated that Ken is even thinking about this. I just don't see what he is going to bring to the team that we don't already have.