• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

You notice him most games because of his offensive zone penalties.

71 minutes in 82 games, a chunk of those due to a fight and game misconduct. He does pull dumb ones every so often, but I'll take that rate in trade for his offense.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Buccigross John Buccigross

Good Morning. Red Sox scratch Beckett from tonight's start-stomach bug. Pitt Tribune-Review reports Jaromir Jagr's first choice is Penguins

John Buccigross' tweet.

The Penguins make the most sense for Jagr. I'd take him on the Wings but only if he is Hudler's replacement. Part of me wants to see what he could do as a Red Wing but the other half is curious to see what he can do playing with Crosby and/or Malkin as his centres.

Buccigross John Buccigross

Good Morning. Red Sox scratch Beckett from tonight's start-stomach bug. Pitt Tribune-Review reports Jaromir Jagr's first choice is Penguins

John Buccigross' tweet.

Wow, a Pitt paper is reporting Jagr's first choice is "their" team? I wouldn't even report that as news.

The Penguins make the most sense for Jagr. I'd take him on the Wings but only if he is Hudler's replacement. Part of me wants to see what he could do as a Red Wing but the other half is curious to see what he can do playing with Crosby and/or Malkin as his centres.

It would be interesting to see Jagr on Crosby's line, but if I'm Jagr, would I want to play on the Penguins? The fans always jumped on him everytime they lost when he was with the team, booed him everytime he touched the puck when he was with someone else, he and Crosby appeared to not get along very well when he was with NYR, Orpik hit Jagr in the head with a cheapshot after Jagr scored a goal in Game 4 of a playoff game with the Pens up 3-0 in the series. Its been 3 years though, so the bad blood is probably gone. As for the fans, Mario could come out and say he endorses the signing and all the yinzer fans will fall in line.

please go to pittsburgh, please go to pittsburgh, please go to pittsburgh, please go to pittsburgh, please go to pittsburgh, please go to pittsburgh

<<<<<< crosses fingers

If the Pens really want him, they're just a Mario Lemieux phone call away from getting him.

Oh he's getting it done and jagr on the wings is gonna be freakin sweet and he can fill out our top six, and 2nd PP unit. Very much want. And for those that are opposed to signing Jagr because he's won a Cup before I don't think that's a valid concern considering that happened when I was 2 years old. Jagr can refresh his memory with a Cup in 11-12.

Guest Hatethedrake!

@Real_ESPNLeBrun Wings have offered more money than Penguins at this point. That can change in one phone call from Mario. But that's where it stands now.

Don't get it done, Kenny.

I can't see Kenny going more than 2.5 mil plus incentives.

So the Wings have actually already made an offer to Jagr? Interesting.

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Am told Pittsburgh is interested in Jagr only if it's a very low price... My guess that means $1 million or less...

$1 mil or less? Not gonna happen. If a phone call from Mario can convince Jagr to come to Pittsburgh for a million or less, he's the best salesman in the world.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Obviously, it's all speculation at this point - but this TSN article claims the Pens are at the top of the list and also mention the Capitals as a team with interest in Jagr.

It appears Jaromir Jagr would like to resume his NHL career and the Pittsburgh Penguins are at the top of the list of teams for which he would play.

According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, sources confirm that Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda told Penguins general manager Ray Shero of Jagr's intent to play last weekend.

The report indicates Jagr would also be interested in playing with the Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Washington Capitals or Montreal Canadiens.

Jagr has spent the last three seasons playing in the Kontinental Hockey League in Russia, where he was playing at a point-per-game clip.

He also raised some eyebrows with his play at this year's World Hockey Championship, scoring five goals and adding four assists for nine points in nine games.

Jagr is ninth all-time in NHL scoring with 1,599 points

Per TSN

Obviously, it's all speculation at this point - but this TSN article claims the Pens are at the top of the list and also mention the Capitals as a team with interest in Jagr.

Per TSN

I kinda hope I'm wrong, because I don't like the idea of him signing here, but I have a gut feeling that when this all shakes out, Jagr is going to be a Red Wing...

I kinda hope I'm wrong, because I don't like the idea of him signing here, but I have a gut feeling that when this all shakes out, Jagr is going to be a Red Wing...

That would be a great IMO even if he only gets 35 points... At 1.5 I'll take it.... That's just as good as some one else on out roster.. Who I hope if he stays can turn it around...

The fact that we've offered more money than Pittsburgh scares me... unless the "Pittsburgh is only interested in a 1yr 1mil contract" story is not true, because then we aren't wasting too much money. f***in If we sign Jagr, Hudler better be gonezo.

There, I formatted that better for you, for those of us that speak English :hehe:

I'm pretty sure that is what you were trying to say...

EDIT - In response to your post, I wouldn't HATE the signing if it's 1.5 or less, but I still wouldn't like it... and with that said, Pitt is in a worse cap situation than us, so it makes sense they aren't willing to pony up the extra 500k - that's a 4th liner for them and a roster spot...

Edited by stevkrause