• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

This is coming from the guy who thought Bryzgalov would sign a 5 year contract @ $1.1 million per :lol:

First off, already stated that was a player mix up. It does happen you know.

Second, that has anything to do with this....how?

Edited by ShanahanMan

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

I know MTL was on original list but was told that's third team, for what it's worth. PIT interest in JJ doesn't seem as great as DET.

anywhere but here!!

Why don't you want jagr? I've seen a few posts of yours just saying sign somewhere else, so i'm just curious to your reason. maybe you've already stated it and if you have i'm sorry, but i just haven't seen it lol

Really not sure how I feel about this.

This. Obviously, I posted Do No Want dog a few days ago. I'm starting to accept the fact that him signing with Detroit is a real possibility. Having Mr. Perfect (no, not that one) in your corner doesn't hurt, either.

I'm still not crazy about it, not by a long shot; but if I could, I'd post a Do Not Want puppy now.

Here nor there. I am perfectly fine with Holland offering him $2M, but if Pit gets him for more (or even less) no biggie. I'd like to see him play here, but whatever. I am not going to dog him for being 39, he still has good skills, he is much better than Hudler and that alone makes him worth signing. CANNOT compare him to Modano OR Krupp, BOTH GOT INJURED and didn't recover in time to be effective. Some people just don't get it...

I'd take him or Jokinen, Tanguay, Arnott, Handzus, Ryder, Selanne or even LaRose to help put some pucks in the net. Even with all this talk about Jagr, whether you were pro or con, NOBODY and I mean virtually NOBODY here said think offense first. We are all on board with spending the most of fixing the Defense, then addressing the offense after. Holland offered a modest contract to Jagr, if he wants more than $2M elsewhere, then good for him. With $16M available and Holland only offering him $2M it just means that Holland has better plans for that money (Hopefully that includes $4.5-$5 for Wisniewski.) He already said that they are a team that spends up to the Cap, so he definitely has plans to spend it. Maybe he saves $4M or so for the trade deadline, just in case, but even spending $12M on the D and a top 6 forward would make this team tons better than last season... Jagr or not...

If Jagr signs in Pitt he's dumb. With a big question mark on Crosby's health and Malkin getting injured late last year too, he'll probably have to pull more weight there than he would in Detroit. Plus our puck moving D is better (AND we have Mr. Norris ;) ). Just sayin'...

esteef

LeBrun just tweeted that Jagr will have to wait until July 1. I thought that wouldn't be the case because he wasn't an NHL-er last year?

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: FYI that Jaromir Jagr must wait until July 1 to sign with any NHL team.

I won't pretend to know how any of this stuff works. Is it because he played with a professional team last year?

Edited by Travis

I don't get why people are so opposed to this, quick ideas;

-In the Red Wings puck possession system speed isn't as important. I am willing to bet Jagr is no slower or faster than Franzen

-Comparing Hudler's KHL stint to Jaromir Jagr's KHL stint is like comparing apples and oranges. Jagr was an all-star. Hudler is, well...yea

-Comparing the Modano experiment to a Jagr experiment is like comparing apples and oranges. Modano got injured. We don't know if Jagr will get injured. End of story.

-He'll be cheap. Or at least what Holland will offer will be cheap

-If he's the cancer everyone talks aboot in the locker room...well trade him

-I really, really want to see what Datsyuk and Jagr can do