• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

With Holland saying the ball is in Jagr's court and he wants to know before July 1st and the report by Jagr's agent saying they are going to wait till July 1st to sign a contract, Does that mean Jagr's chances for Detroit are now gone like his mullet?

I want mulleted Jagr=(

Jaromir%20Jagr%20Mullet.jpg

I expect something to happen first though, and I don't expect this to be cheap.

VFil and Hudler might both be gone now. Only if it leads to a Dman, though major dominoes have fallen. It is not a given as to what will happen now.

I also expect this to be heating up fast. Let us start talking about crazy scenarios, because things just got nuts this offseason.

Edited by NeverForgetMac25
Inaccurate Information

It appears to be a done deal. I expect something to happen first though, and I don't expect this to be cheap.

VFil and Hudler might both be gone now. Only if it leads to a Dman, though major dominoes have fallen. It is not a given as to what will happen now.

I also expect this to be heating up fast. Let us start talking about crazy scenarios, because things just got nuts this offseason.

How so? (see bold)

Helen St James is reporting that a contract has been offered.

Pit doesn't seem as interested.

The third team involved must not be a real destination.

If Jagr targeted the Wings, he got his wish. Now we are down to negotiations. Answer is expected before July 1st.

I expect an answer before the Draft tomorrow. If Jagr joins the team, the team might go in a different direction in the draft. A trade is going to happen, adding Jagr is going to make the trade bigger. Though that part is speculation.

Edited by NeverForgetMac25
Inaccurate Information

Helen St James is reporting that a contract has been delivered.

If Jagr targeted the Wings, he got his wish. Now we are down to negotiations. Answer is expected before July 1st.

I expect an answer before the Draft tomorrow. If Jagr joins the team, the team might go in a different direction in the draft. A trade is going to happen, adding Jagr is going to make the trade bigger. Though that part is speculation.

Do you have a link for this?

Helen St James is reporting that a contract has been delivered.

Cite/Link your source or I'll have to delete your post.

It sounds as if Holland is readying a move after July 1st for a forward as well if he is giving a hard deadline to Jagr... Does anyone else get that feeling? Why else would he give him a July 1st deadline, if he wasn't looking at forwards in free agency?

Richards perhaps? Haha, I know, pipe dream.

This article says nothing about it being a done deal but rather that the ball is now in jagr's court and he still hasnt decided completely on Detroit or Pittsburgh

He is speculating since we already have an offer out, Jagr has said to be interested in our team more than once, likes our system, and has received a call from Babcock as well as Lidstrom giving his blessing.

Pittsburgh has not offered anything, and now their GM is going to talk to management before making an offer to Jagr. Would you want to go play for a team that really WANTS you, or a team that is so-so?

I get where he is coming from with the speculation. I'd say the odds now are 70/30 Wings.

It sounds as if Holland is readying a move after July 1st for a forward as well if he is giving a hard deadline to Jagr... Does anyone else get that feeling? Why else would he give him a July 1st deadline, if he wasn't looking at forwards in free agency?

Richards perhaps? Haha, I know, pipe dream.

He is speculating since we already have an offer out, Jagr has said to be interested in our team more than once, likes our system, and has received a call from Babcock as well as Lidstrom giving his blessing.

Pittsburgh has not offered anything, and now their GM is going to talk to management before making an offer to Jagr. Would you want to go play for a team that really WANTS you, or a team that is so-so?

I get where he is coming from with the speculation. I'd say the odds now are 70/30 Wings.

Its hard to say for sure about anything until its official. Especially with his agent saying Jagr won't sign anything till july first. Im trying to stay away from the media rollercoaster since things seem to change faster than the weather in Michigan.

Its hard to say for sure about anything until its official. Especially with his agent saying Jagr won't sign anything till july first. Im trying to stay away from the media rollercoaster since things seem to change faster than the weather in Michigan.

Another thing like the weather, is whether Jagr feels like playing. All signs can point to him making it rain, only for it snow.

Everything i've read leads to Pittsburgh.

Wings: Likes our playing style better, says it fits him best.

We have the only offer to him and have let him know we're interested.

Lidstrom endorsed the concept of him coming here.

Babcock reached out to him.

Has the opportunity to play with Nick in his (most likely) final season

Would line up with Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg - which he has mentioned himself as exciting

Pens: Chance to go back to his NHL roots

Owns a home there still (was too lazy to sell it)

No offer yet, GM has decided to discuss the idea internally more before making a decision.

Crosby still has injury concerns

Malkin is coming off major knee surgery

He certainly has his options, but don't be surprised if he accepts Holland's offer before July 1st. Holland means business and has shown Jagr that the Wings feel he would be an asset here. I still say it's 70/30 odds for the Wings.