• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

I heard a rumor that the contract offer was very low. That MTL might have also offered him a slightly better contract but both are sub par by his standards.

The fact that Holland asked for an answer before July first and now he says he won't decide until after most likely means that we aren't planning on him suiting up for us. However that doesn't mean we won't go after him later.

I think we liked the idea of bringing him in and then being secure in trading pieces away.

Exactly, Jagr still somewhat in his prime getting owned by a young Datsyuk, the guy isnt a 2-way player. Add Jussi Jokinen and James Wisniewski and im happy.

I heard a rumor that the contract offer was very low. That MTL might have also offered him a slightly better contract but both are sub par by his standards.

The fact that Holland asked for an answer before July first and now he says he won't decide until after most likely means that we aren't planning on him suiting up for us. However that doesn't mean we won't go after him later.

I think we liked the idea of bringing him in and then being secure in trading pieces away.

I generally like your posts Maj, but sometimes you seem to take liberties with speculation and state facts that may not be facts. If you're going to do so, can you post links to where you read the information you are reporting as news?

Where did you hear the rumor the offer was low? Where did you hear that MTL offered him anything? Last time I heard, MTL was not interested in his services. How do you jump to the conclusion that Jagr decided to wait until after July 1st AFTER Holland made his offer? That news seemed to come out at best, simultaneously. I almost feel like I saw the Jagr news before seeing that Holland offered him a contract.

Just wondering.

Exactly, Jagr still somewhat in his prime getting owned by a young Datsyuk, the guy isnt a 2-way player. Add Jussi Jokinen and James Wisniewski and im happy.

lol, one bad video on YouTube from like a decade ago and you're not sold.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Given the fact that he wouldn't be able to officially sign anywhere until July 1st, I don't see what the big deal is.

Except he can.... sigh.

Reason players have to wait for July 1 is their contracts. Jagr doesn't have one.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Except he can.... sigh.

Reason players have to wait for July 1 is their contracts. Jagr doesn't have one.

"Svoboda said he's been made aware that Jagr can't sign with an NHL club until July 1. He didn't say which NHL team his client might play for."

Jagr Speaks with Lemieux

Sigh...according to his agent, he can't...sigh.

esteef

Except he can.... sigh.

I think the Avandard Omsk organization, the KHL, & the NHL would disagree with you on that. Since he was under contract with Omsk in the KHL last season, he has to wait for the July 1st kickoff of free agency based on the agreements set down between the NHL & KHL.

Now that can't stop Kenny from telling Jagr & Svoboda that he wants to know before hand & that if Jagr isn't willing to sign on the dotted line on the 1st he's moving on...which is exactly what he's told them based on what I've seen. Still doesn't change the fact though that he can't officially sign anything until the 1st. Nothing wrong with Kenny telling them the money is on the table now & that as of the 2nd it isn't just as there's nothing wrong with Jagr wanting to wait until he can officially do anything.

Edited by ogreslayer

jagr has always been slow, I really don't think he can keep up with the NHL game anymore, remember when brett hull signed with phx and retired after a few games????

also i think babcock and jagr could not co-exist. babcock demands the most out of his players, jagr is lazy and always has been...

Yeah, when I heard he can't officially sign with anyone till July 1st, I thought, "So he'll just announce who he'll sign with whenever and then make it official on that day." It won't be a mystery on July 1st as to which team Jagr is playing for.

Yeah, when I heard he can't officially sign with anyone till July 1st, I thought, "So he'll just announce who he'll sign with whenever and then make it official on that day." It won't be a mystery on July 1st as to which team Jagr is playing for.

I was under the understanding that he could sign sooner, since he wasn't already under contract and the July 1 date was more of a self imposed sign date... does anyone have a link to the section of the CBA that clears this up?

I was under the understanding that he could sign sooner, since he wasn't already under contract and the July 1 date was more of a self imposed sign date... does anyone have a link to the section of the CBA that clears this up?

I would think it has less to do with the CBA & more to do with the transfer agreements in place between the NHL & the IIHF/KHL.

I would think it has less to do with the CBA & more to do with the transfer agreements in place between the NHL & the IIHF/KHL.

No one in Russia cares about those transfer agreements :hehe:

Sounds like this rule pertains to Jagr: 10.2b iiA2

the Player, having become a Defected Player

pursuant to Section 10.2(b)(i)(A), has become free

of any obligation to such unaffiliated club(s) or such

other professional hockey club(s) during the off

season and has not, prior to sixty (60) days

thereafter, entered into a valid SPC for a period

which includes the current and/or following season

for his services as a professional hockey player with

the Club with which he was last under SPC; or

As long as Bettman signs off on it, Jagr can sign before July 1st without having to pass through waivers.

Now there are whispers that Detroit is out of it as they are uninterested in making a second offer.

Hardball. I like it Holland.

I agree. Holland made his offer, if Jagr doesn't like it, oh well, Holland has better plans with that $16M than to give $4M of it to Jagr. Far better players out there to offer $3M-$4M to instead of and younger than Jagr... I am ok with him being a Red Wing, but only on Holland's terms. I'd rather see most of that cash spent on the Defense...

Now there are whispers that Detroit is out of it as they are uninterested in making a second offer.

Hardball. I like it Holland.

Nice to see Holland taking a hard stance (if that is the case). With limited interest from NHL teams, he needs us more than we need him.

jagr has always been slow, I really don't think he can keep up with the NHL game anymore, remember when brett hull signed with phx and retired after a few games????

also i think babcock and jagr could not co-exist. babcock demands the most out of his players, jagr is lazy and always has been...

Babcock vs. Jagr would be epic.

Babcock doesn't appear to like Hudler too much, but at least Hudler works hard. When he doesn't, you get his performance the first couple months of last season. Jagr is the epitome of a floater who has always gotten by on natural talent. Which has worked fine, given his sick combination of strength, speed, and skill. But now he's 40. And still a floater. Doesn't have the same speed, skill is down... and he doesn't have that overpowering strength he once had.

Although why not sign Jagr and Vrbata, and we could have the best Czeching line in the league!

Babcock doesn't appear to like Hudler too much, but at least Hudler works hard. When he doesn't, you get his performance the first couple months of last season. Jagr is the epitome of a floater who has always gotten by on natural talent. Which has worked fine, given his sick combination of strength, speed, and skill. But now he's 40. And still a floater. Doesn't have the same speed, skill is down... and he doesn't have that overpowering strength he once had.

Although why not sign Jagr and Vrbata, and we could have the best Czeching line in the league!

False.

Good...if he doesn't want to come here, that doesn't break my heart in the least. Go back to s***sburgh where they want your sorry little ass and your attitude. Jagr will never fit in here - he can't park his ego at the door.

Haha... Every f'n post...