• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

Please don't sign a guy who has scored 646 goals, 1,599 pts. in his whole Hockey career.

Please we didn't need goals in the playoffs.

He can still score. Sign him to a one year deal with bonuses.

Yes please don't sign him. We got Franzen......oh wait he gets hurt alot.

He would score 35 plus with Dats on his line.

For the right price I could see him sporting the Winged Wheel... but it would have to be closer to $2M than $3M. Though, to be fair, if it's a 1 year contract and given the drought in this years UFA pool they might as well throw in a bit more - Detroit could really use a scoring winger. The more I write, the further convinced I get :). Get it done Kenny!

If he was being sarcastic, I could see the humor in it. But he's not. That's what worries me.

Come on Kenny, do your best Chris Matthews..."Let's play Hardball."

The odds of a Jagr deal are decreasing by the minute. A trade would light a fire under the possibility, but the Wings don't seem to have anyone on the line.

Like most here of course the idea of Jagr is good at the right price. If he however is trying to squeeze a payday out of it then Im glad Holland is walking away. Way better places to spend the cash. With the look of a lot of the ufa's I think a trade is the best option, not to mention what some teams have done so far. I'm thinking Huds, Flip and a newly signed and cap friendly Ericsson, but to who??

Like most here of course the idea of Jagr is good at the right price. If he however is trying to squeeze a payday out of it then Im glad Holland is walking away. Way better places to spend the cash.

Thing is, he'll still get way more money in the KHL anyway so I don't see why he'd come back to the NHL simply for more cash. I think, more of a hope really, that Jagr is coming back to the NHL for one last grab at another Cup and then there's only a limited amount of teams that fit. Also I'm guessing he'll want some kind of guarantees from the coach that he'll get to play with a great center, e.g. Datsyuk in Detroit, Crosby in Pittsburgh. I think that will weigh heavier than a couple of extra $100K. But then I have no real idea, but this seems to make sense...

there is a rumor we have offered one year 3.75M contract.

If that's true he'd be an idiot not to accept it right away. There's no way he'll get anything close to that from another NHL team.

For the record, I hope it's not true. I'd like to see closer to 2M, not 4M.

there is a rumor we have offered one year 3.75M contract.

That is highly unlikely. Holland would never go that high with other big holes yet to fill. Plus, if we actually were offering $3.75, Jagr wouldn't even be talking to the Pens who only interested in spending around a $1 mil.

I'd rather see him sign a 1 year, $1 million deal to play on the 3rd line.

Why would he play on the 3rd line when he's better than all our wingers (excluding Z who is at his best when he plays center), except for maybe Franzen (way too streaky player though).

Edited by Reds4Life

Guest Hatethedrake!

It looks to me as if Jagr is using the Wings to get the Pens to sign him. Maybe Kenny can go after Bergenheim on July 1st. He had a good playoff and he's young. Tampa needs to pay most of its remaining Cap space on Stamkos as well as re-sign Roloson. I think Bergenheim is only going to get better.

It looks to me as if Jagr is using the Wings to get the Pens to sign him. Maybe Kenny can go after Bergenheim on July 1st. He had a good playoff and he's young. Tampa needs to pay most of its remaining Cap space on Stamkos as well as re-sign Roloson. I think Bergenheim is only going to get better.

I thought that too. It would bring back that "we don't want to lose a good winger to Detroit" feeling to the Pens. I would like to believe that the reason Jagr wants to come back is because he wants to play alongside all the talent we have, but he has no connection to anyone in Detroit and the only thing we're offering is more money at this point, which Jagr said didn't matter. Unless Hasek can talk Jagr into going to the Wings, going back to hang out with Mario for another year is what he'll do.

As for Bergenheim, great player, would fit our system, and would be a good replacement for Clearly, I think but somebody will overpay for him and it won't be us.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I thought that too. It would bring back that "we don't want to lose a good winger to Detroit" feeling to the Pens. I would like to believe that the reason Jagr wants to come back is because he wants to play alongside all the talent we have, but he has no connection to anyone in Detroit and the only thing we're offering is more money at this point, which Jagr said didn't matter. Unless Hasek can talk Jagr into going to the Wings, going back to hang out with Mario for another year is what he'll do.

As for Bergenheim, great player, would fit our system, and would be a good replacement for Clearly, I think but somebody will overpay for him and it won't be us.

Yeah I can see a team overpaying for Bergenheim. Just for the hell of it...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Sean Bergenheim ($3.500m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.950m)

Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($0.750m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.250m)

Joni Pitkanen ($4.250m) / James Wisniewski ($4.250m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

/ Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,067,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $232,956

Line combos are by salary. :lol:

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.250m)

Joni Pitkanen ($4.250m) / James Wisniewski ($4.250m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

/ Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

I like the defense. Very solid, but I have a hard time seeing some of those players going that cheap. Here's what I'm thinking/hoping, with Jagr signing with us. Line combos too.

FORWARDS

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Jaromir Jagr ($2.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Patrick Eaves ($0.750m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Drew Miller ($0.650m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Scott Hannan ($4.500m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($2.500m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Jean-Sebastien Giguere ($1.500m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,117,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,182,956

I like the defense. Very solid, but I have a hard time seeing some of those players going that cheap. Here's what I'm thinking/hoping, with Jagr signing with us. Line combos too.

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

i hope bertuzzi's not in the top 6

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

I've been wanting to mention this for awhile. I'm one of the guys that doesn't really mind seeing a ton of line combos thrown around and I'll even participate from time to time, but I can't stand it when the poster doesn't bold or highlight anything that is different/speculation. It sucks to have to re-read your post 4 times before I figure out that you traded Hudler for Ovechkin and signed Brad Richards to a league minimum contract. Is there any way we can make that a rule? If you're going to post a line combo, you have to either explain what you did differently or bold all the contracts that are speculative.

Jaromir Jagr's decision could come Tuesday

The Detroit Red Wings could find out by Tuesday whether they'll land free-agent forward Jaromir Jagr.

Petr Svoboda, Jagr's agent, said today there remains "interest from both sides."

"There's nothing new to report today," he said. "We're going to know a bit more tomorrow."

Asked whether the Wings were still in the mix, Svoboda said: "Absolutely."

You can read in full here

http://www.freep.com/article/20110627/SPORTS05/110627062/Jaromir-Jagr-s-decision-could-come-Tuesday?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Edited by REDHASEK

From the Twitter feed of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review’s Rob Rossi:

More tomorrow, but I’m hearing #Pens plan to reach agreements with (Tyler) Kennedy and (Jaromir) Jagr before Friday #tribpens #jagrwatch

Guess that means no jagr.

So we've got Red Wings source (Freep) quoting Jagr's agent saying Wings are still in the mix vs Pens source stating Pens get him.

Still a tossup imo.

I agree, obviously a Pittsburgh paper is going to report the Pens are planning of reaching an agreement, doesn't mean its actually going to happen.

Edited by Greatness=PavelDatsyuk