• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

So we've got Red Wings source (Freep) quoting Jagr's agent saying Wings are still in the mix vs Pens source stating Pens get him.

Still a tossup imo.

+1. We've been hearing so many things out of Pitsburgh that are possibly not true. So I wouldn't take that tweet as 100% correct. I say it is probably 60% wings and 40% pens. This is my opinion based on the fact that it has seemed all along that the wings have been the most interested team and that Pit is on the fence about the idea of having Jags back in Pitsburgh

there is a rumor we have offered one year 3.75M contract.

I have to call bulls*** on that. I believe you that you heard the rumour but I don't buy for a second that Holland would offer him that much (unless that number includes performance incentives).

I'm not sure what Jagr is thinking, but if I was in his position I would sign with Detroit. His agent has been in contact with Holland and Babcock a lot, they clearly showed the most interest by already making an offer and offering the most money. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh is thinking and debating, showed little interest in the beginning, is expected to offer around $1 mil. I would want to go where I'm most wanted. Also the Wings are more committed to winning this year because of Lidstrom's potential retirement, while the Pens won't go crazy and will make moves to ensure long term success. Maybe its because I hear a lot of "Jagr is going to Pittsburgh" talk around here, but I have a bad feeling that's where he's going even though I think Detroit would be the better fit at this time.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Guest Hatethedrake!

With Crosby and Malkin back, though, Pittsburgh is going to be a beast next season.

I agree. Plus they will be very well rested.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Every team in the league will be taking runs at Crosby. One hit can send him to the showers.

esteef

Look for the Pens to sign Lilja to be the Pens new enforcer to protect Sid. No Weber in the East.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Look for the Pens to sign Lilja to be the Pens new enforcer to protect Sid. No Weber in the East.

The penguins need someone else taking up space in the box. :ph34r:

Worry about getting a few D and the a goalie first Holland.

second that. we don't need used up idiot with nick name 'locker room cancer'.

Edited by ami

Penguins offer Jagr one-year contract

Jagr's agent, Petr Svoboda, could not be reached for comment this evening.

Svoboda is certain, however, to be hearing from Shero Wednesday.

"Tomorrow," Shero said, "is decision day."

So the ball is in Jagr's court. Wings, Pens or possibly Habs. Maybe its me, but doesn't that quote from Shero sound like he's deciding when Jagr will decide?

Edited by xtrememachine1

Guest Hatethedrake!

Penguins offer Jagr one-year contract

So the ball is in Jagr's court. Wings, Pens or possibly Habs. Maybe its me, but doesn't that quote from Shero sound like he's deciding when Jagr will decide?

Reading between the lines in all this, it sounds as if Bylsma wants Jagr but Shero not so much. I think Jagr takes the Pens offer because it has been his #1 choice all along. If he wanted to be a Red Wing then he would have signed by now. He's been holding out for the Pens all along which is fine by me.

Yeah looks like Jagr is going to the Pens. At least, that's the impression I get from the tone of the compilation of articles from Malik's blog these past few days.

Well you've gotta think that it's a two-horse race at this point and Shero has claimed that today will be decision day. I guess we'll know more if the Pens walk.

I hope the Wings walk, too.

For what its worth...

Jagr on way to U.S., decision nears

Jagr is not expected to arrive in the U.S. until at least 3:30 p.m. Svoboda said he expects to know Jagr's decision within an hour of his arrival.

He's having a conversation with Holland this afternoon, but all indications are he's going to Pittsburgh. Blah.

Good. We don't need a 39 year old player coming from an inferior league trying to capture glory through riding on the wings coat tails. I'm bitter towards players who bolt the NHL for a payday. That's like a fish leaving a lake for a pond. I'd rather have someone who has heart and desire for the game and not the green. The Guy used to make 11 million a year, why in gods name would you need anymore money than that?