• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

I don't know man, a million dollars is a million dollars no matter how you cut it. I don't care how many millions you've had before that.

I mean - at CVS the other day I was just asked to donate 1 dollar to some charity. I didn't do it. And i'm probably not the only one. So who am I to judge?

If a European player goes off to their own hemisphere to be closer to home, I don't hold it against him. If the money's better, I don't hold that against him either.

Guys like Miller and Raffy have been really happy to come home to Michigan to play for the Wings. Even if it's just the same continent, it still has to be sort of a homecoming for the guys that have been playing over here and go back.

I'm not going to tell people where to live. I've moved around way too much in life for that, and if someone offered me more money, I'd sure think about moving again.

Might just be me, but it seems that the Pitt papers have been boasting this whole Jagr thing like theyre trying to scare everyone off. I dont believe its nearly as one sided as this guy from the trib makes it seem.

Guest Hatethedrake!

‎"@sportsnetbroph: If Jagr signs with Penguins today, I am hearing it will be for around $2.1 million"

2.1 mil is the money that turd Matt Cooke loses in salary from all his suspensions in a season.

I bet the dollar difference between what the Wings offered and what Jagr ends up signing for in Pitts is less than $500K.

I also bet there will be a lot of people pissed off about it.

I understand what your saying but its the fact he left the best league in the world for easy money. It doesn't make the NHL look so good when some of your star players leave for a smaller league. Thinking about how long it would take me to spend one million dollars. It would take quite a few years spending how I normally would. 11 million per, not including his contract before that is ALOT of money. Depending on how much you make it could take 20 years to save just one million. That's crazy! All I am saying is that he is set for life and then went to Europe, that I understand.But he is coming back at the same time his euro team is having money issues. How greedy can you get?

Guest Hatethedrake!

I understand what your saying but its the fact he left the best league in the world for easy money. It doesn't make the NHL look so good when some of your star players leave for a smaller league. Thinking about how long it would take me to spend one million dollars. It would take quite a few years spending how I normally would. 11 million per, not including his contract before that is ALOT of money. Depending on how much you make it could take 20 years to save just one million. That's crazy! All I am saying is that he is set for life and then went to Europe, that I understand.But he is coming back at the same time his euro team is having money issues. How greedy can you get?

Jagr has gambled alot of his money away which is well documented. I don't think he is broke mind you. But he does has a severe gambling addiction. Plus he spends alot of money on hairspray.

Russian Sports Website saying Jagr signed with Pitts for 1.4M/1Yr

http://news.sportbox...-stal-pingvinom

I am not sure how reliable taht is though since I dont believe his flight has even landed yet.. but who knows.

The source is about as reliable as Eklund is. That being said, I would not be surprised if it's true.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Let him go to Pitt. I would have liked the extra fire power on the Wings but if he really wants to go back to Pittsburgh that bad then let him. I think he could have given us a boost but I rather shore up the D and just bring another guy in. Yes it will cost a little more but it could be someone we could keep around.

Not going to lie. I hope he flops in Pittsburgh, and that he butts heads with Crosby and Malkin... I just don't like the Pens simple as that haha

Wouldn't mind seeing Crosby get hurt again and Jagr have to carry a big load for the team like he was asking not to do.

Guest Hatethedrake!

#JAGRWATCH: @plysenkov Pavel Lysenkov RT by wyshynski

Agent Zidek told me, today Jagr will make decision. He has three offers - Pittsburgh, Detroit, Omsk...

Rumour also has it that Garth Snow has offered Jagr the league max but he is still leaning towards the Pens.

You're obviously right in the points you are making - it's just that you and I live in a different world than the rest of these guys. Sure those million dollars look mind boggling to us, but the truth is, we have a bit of a bias, ya know? I mean, day in and day out you see athletes go for more money. Are they flawed? Well, as flawed as the next guy. Its easy for us to be critics on the sideline - no one is asking us to decide between 7 million or 9 million. But SO MANY atheletes go for the bigger pay check. In Detroit, we see the exception FAR MORE than the rest of the world and I think that makes us jaded. But guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom and Rafalski are special cases. They have certain ties that they can trade off in place of a little extra money. The same for Tom Izzo. The only reason why he didn't leave East Lansing was because he valued where his roots were and the ties he's made there.

Jagr doesn't have those ties. He was born in the Czech Republic, drafted by Pitt and then played for Washington and NY. Who does he owe? Sure the NHL is the best league in the world - but he's one of the best players in the world. He doesn't owe you, nor I any favors - and who are we to blame him for something that we might (read: probably) do given the same situation?

Guest Hatethedrake!

Jagr: 19 goals in KHL last year

Chris Simon: 16 goals in KHL last year

The hell with Jagr! Sign Simon! Get er done Kenny! :thumbup:

You're obviously right in the points you are making - it's just that you and I live in a different world than the rest of these guys. Sure those million dollars look mind boggling to us, but the truth is, we have a bit of a bias, ya know? I mean, day in and day out you see athletes go for more money. Are they flawed? Well, as flawed as the next guy. Its easy for us to be critics on the sideline - no one is asking us to decide between 7 million or 9 million. But SO MANY atheletes go for the bigger pay check. In Detroit, we see the exception FAR MORE than the rest of the world and I think that makes us jaded. But guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom and Rafalski are special cases. They have certain ties that they can trade off in place of a little extra money. The same for Tom Izzo. The only reason why he didn't leave East Lansing was because he valued where his roots were and the ties he's made there.

Jagr doesn't have those ties. He was born in the Czech Republic, drafted by Pitt and then played for Washington and NY. Who does he owe? Sure the NHL is the best league in the world - but he's one of the best players in the world. He doesn't owe you, nor I any favors - and who are we to blame him for something that we might (read: probably) do given the same situation?

Point taken. I only wanted to point out the obvious overpayment in prior years. Jagr hasn't been in the league in like two or three years and we are trying to get him. I guess if the money is right its worth taking a shot however I feel like he doesn't really want to come here. The age along with the KHL going back and forth has me really questioning whether or not he is right for our team. On top of that he has been rumored to be a cancer in the locker room and if that is right that he only scored 19 goals or whatever last season. Is he really worth it?

Edited by Diluvian04

Guest CaliWingsNut

jagrwatch.com (stole link from that same letsgopens.com thread)

It's just a dedicated twitter feed atm.

So if Jagr decides "to take his talent to Hockeytown" are they going to have a riot and jersey burning in Pittsburgh like they did in Cleveland when LeBron left? Although the hype isn't that big outside of the hockey world, that's what I feel like Jagr is doing here.

So if Jagr decides "to take his talent to Hockeytown" are they going to have a riot and jersey burning in Pittsburgh like they did in Cleveland when LeBron left? Although the hype isn't that big outside of the hockey world, that's what I feel like Jagr is doing here.

Man that would be epic especially since all signs lead to him going to the Pens. Although I can't take the sources reporting that its a done deal as credible because Jagrs flight hasn't even landed and his agent said the decision would be announced a short time after that. So all in all I have no idea what to think. I just want to know the decision one way or the other

Man that would be epic especially since all signs lead to him going to the Pens. Although I can't take the sources reporting that its a done deal as credible because Jagrs flight hasn't even landed and his agent said the decision would be announced a short time after that. So all in all I have no idea what to think. I just want to know the decision one way or the other

Im with you. I think he would be a great addition to our PP and a solid 2nd or 3rd liner but if he doesn't sign with Detroit, I am not gonna lose any sleep. He can soak up all the minutes in Pitt when Crosby sneezes to hard and hits his head on the mirror and is sidelines for 5 more months. I think he'd be great the right price (cheap cheap cheap) but other than that, just get me to July 1st.