• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Total fabrication of bulls***. He said nothing to support your claim. The closest he said is "he may be close to a deal." Your own Rob Rossi wouldn't even confirm that rumor when pressed and brought up the fact that turtles were blocking the runway so that he couldn't land. Yeah, turtles shutting down an airport. :hysterical::ok: :rotflmao:

On another note, I did hear that he told Sid that he was going to sign while they were walking on the beach. Sound familiar. :taunt:

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011/06/29/how-turtles-snarled-jfk-airport/

Mr Jagr has decided...

...that he will decide tomorrow.

That Philly mis-lead was epic, though. I feel sorry for the kids that log on later today and have no idea how much fun we all had with it.

I never heard of this clown till now.

he writes for sportsnet and he makes wild claims that rarely come true.

for instance he thought the surprise team of the year last year would be edmonton, and that mike green would win the norris.

Yes, those turtles. < should have used the sarcasm font, I guess. > It would kind of make it hard for his plane to land, and a private jet to whisk him away to Pittsburgh to announce his signing as reported by many on LGP, as well as all of the Twit's out there. Wouldn't you think?

Also, the thought of turtles holding up Jagr, I find that hilarious. Maybe a sign. Hold on a minute, Locusts are starting to fill the sky.

Jagr is going to sign with the Pens. He is just using Detroit as leverage to get a fatter paycheck from Pittsburgh.

That's what I figured also. But then again, Montreal was in the mix (I believe) and they're in the East too.

Edited by R-Dizzle

Just saw this on HF boards.....

"Jagr does not like the Pittsburgh offer. They promise him a lot of space on the ice, they miss a top RW, yet they are offering him only about $2 mil. The Detroit offer may be even twice that big. That's why after his arrival, he will still negotiate with both parties, and will decide after that."

This is apparently from a Czech report so take it with a grain of salt

Just saw this on HF boards.....

"Jagr does not like the Pittsburgh offer. They promise him a lot of space on the ice, they miss a top RW, yet they are offering him only about $2 mil. The Detroit offer may be even twice that big. That's why after his arrival, he will still negotiate with both parties, and will decide after that."

This is apparently from a Czech report so take it with a grain of salt

I really hope we didn't offer him 4 million. LGW.com will have a meltdown if that's the case.

I really hope we didn't offer him 4 million. LGW.com will have a meltdown if that's the case.

I'm not sure I'm wholly convinced that Jagr wouldn't be worth $4 million. I could see him putting up 25-30 goals and 70-80 points on this team playing with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen and hell, even Cleary and Bert to some extent. There are a lot of guys with good hands on this team that would only serve to benefit Jagr, just as Jagr would benefit them. He's not just a former star, he's a former superstar; a bonafide all-time great hockey player. Even slowed down by age, he's still likely to be capable of some real strong play and that could easily translate to a lot of points.

That is, if he can stay healthy...

There's the rub.

But bottom line, if we were to sign him and he put up 80 points, no one would be complaining about a $4 million contract.

And I believe the rumor of him taking a bit more time to talk to both teams. It only makes sense and doesn't seem like a rumor so much as plain common sense unless he's dead-set on Pittsburgh and fine with any offer at all from them.

Edited by gcom007

the thread over at HF is so freaking comical. These people are pathetic little kids I am beginning to think. People are calling for Jagrs head for making them wait!!! OH NOEZ!

People have found images on twitter, searched for the twitter account holder and are now seeking his telephone # to ask if Jagr was on his flight to Pitts. What a sad sad society we have sunk into.

the thread over at HF is so freaking comical. These people are pathetic little kids I am beginning to think. People are calling for Jagrs head for making them wait!!! OH NOEZ!

People have found images on twitter, searched for the twitter account holder and are now seeking his telephone # to ask if Jagr was on his flight to Pitts. What a sad sad society we have sunk into.

um. do any of these fools realize that the guy, nor the team, can make an official statement until July 1.

Foreign sources have been speculating all day long. Some say det, some say pitts. I don't believe any of it until it's a reputable source.