• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

From Jagrwatch.com (bigteecee RT @espnSteveLevy: pitts-trib review, citing sources close to 66, report agreement between jagr and pens was already in place before 68 got on the plane...)

Edited by REDHASEK

From Jagrwatch.com (bigteecee RT @espnSteveLevy: pitts-trib review, citing sources close to 66, report agreement between jagr and pens was already in place before 68 got on the plane...)

Won't believe anything until Jagr says it. Otherwise why the heck wouldn't they announce it or Detroit say they are out of the running... If the Pens know he is signing there, then the Wings know he isnt and there wouldn't even be this dumb Jagr watch...

Plus the tribune has been saying this stuff for days now and obviously there wasn't even a real offer on the table. Its a hometown source.

Jagr's mom just texted me and said he's signing with Detroit.

esteef

What... His dad texted me saying Pittsburgh... But I also got a text from Jagrs neighbors sister in laws brother that he was the one who created the flyers twitter fake because it really is the truth but no one would believe him...

He's either BBQing with Brett Farve, or he went to the same place the Sedin twins went to when they were suppossed to be playing Boston in the Finals, wherever the hell that was nobody seems to know either.

He's either BBQing with Brett Farve, or he went to the same place the Sedin twins went to when they were suppossed to be playing Boston in the Finals, wherever the hell that was nobody seems to know either.

Sources tell me they're all having a party at LeBron's house.

That's Rob Rossi for you. If he wants something to happen, he'll say "sources told me" and then say what he wants to have happen. Its that kind of journalism that is why the Trib Review is a second rate newspaper. You may as well pick up the National Enquirer.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Saw on Sportscenter this morning that Jagr signed with the Penguins for 1 year/$2M.

But that's ESPN, so who knows how credible that is.

This whole thing has turned into a f***in circus.

Newest article says that other teams have jumped in the mix. Jagr is just delaying to drive up the price. I don't get it, if you wanted the big pay day, why didn't you stay in the KHL?

I do think that Jagr's delay is to drive up his price, but I don't think he'll play for anyone other than Wings, Habs or Pens. If he is looking for more money, Pittsburgh is out. Shero made a "take it or leave it" offer to him a couple days ago.

Newest article says that other teams have jumped in the mix. Jagr is just delaying to drive up the price. I don't get it, if you wanted the big pay day, why didn't you stay in the KHL?

Yeah, especially considering $4mil KHL money is almost 4 times more than $2mil NHL money considering taxes and lack thereof.

I think he is hoping that the Pens will up their offer for old times sake.

Because its not all sweetness and light being a proffessional athlete in Russia?

Edited by Nev

I think he is hoping that the Pens will up their offer for old times sake.

The Pens won't increase their offer, but I think there's a good chance that Holland increases his offer. With Bieksa and Pitkanen signed and Erhoff and Wiz looking like they'll sign elsewhere or get drastically overpaid, Holland opt to overpay for Jagr since its just a one year deal. If he's not going to be able to use all his cap space, why not overpay for a player for one year?

Guest CaliWingsNut

iSport.cz:

http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... bidek.html

Jagr got 12 (TWELVE) offers. "It has been madness over the last several hours. One team calling after another", informs an unnamed isport source from Jagr's inner circle.

"[Pittsburgh being out] is still the case, the other teams are favorites, but it is not out of question that the Penguins make a brand new offer."

Detroit Red Wings still considered the front runner.

Jagr got 12 (TWELVE) offers. "It has been madness over the last several hours. One team calling after another", informs an unnamed isport source from Jagr's inner circle.

This would explain why Svoboda said they have "a lot to sort out".