• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

No, No, NO! Jagr interested in Detroit.

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Looks like theres still a chance for him to land here.

Please god NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Agent for Jaromir Jagr still talking to Red Wings, Penguins, as teams await decision

Jagr's agent, Petr Svoboda, said this afternoon that he's still in talks with the Detroit Red Wings, as well as the Pittsburgh Penguins and other teams, refuting a report in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the one-time NHL star had decided to sign with the Penguins.

"The Red Wings are obviously one team he wants to play for. There's a chance (a decision) could come later today.''

Full Story here:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/06/agent_for_jaromir_jagr_still_t.html

More twilight-zone-esque statements.

Link

Detroit — The Jaromir Jagr watch continues.

The player's agent, Petr Svoboda, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that he expects Jagr, 39, to make a decision about his NHL future by the end of Thursday.

Svoboda said he would be speaking with representatives of the Penguins, Red Wings and Canadiens on Thursday.

"This is obviously a tough decision for Jaromir," Svoboda told the newspaper. "His heart is in Pittsburgh."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110630/SPORTS0103/106300464/Report--Agent-says-Jaromir-Jagr-s--heart-is-in-Pittsburgh-#ixzz1QmxPmcx3

Agent for Jaromir Jagr still talking to Red Wings, Penguins, as teams await decision

Jagr's agent, Petr Svoboda, said this afternoon that he's still in talks with the Detroit Red Wings, as well as the Pittsburgh Penguins and other teams, refuting a report in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the one-time NHL star had decided to sign with the Penguins.

"The Red Wings are obviously one team he wants to play for. There's a chance (a decision) could come later today.''

Full Story here:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/06/agent_for_jaromir_jagr_still_t.html

Same s***show as yesterday. Go back to the KHL, you greedy prick.

I think that Jagr was initially wanting to go to Pittsburgh, and wanted to use Detroit as leverage to secure a bigger deal, but ironically Detroit ended up offering him a bigger payday than Pittsburgh. I'm under the impression that Jagr is currently mulling whether or not to take the bigger pay (Detroit) or go "where his heart is" (Pittsburgh).

Right now, I bet he's just trying to squeeze as much $ out of both teams as possible. Perhaps, Shero hasn't budged and Jagr is trying to get more as we speak. He has until July 1st (not much longer, but still has time) to sign. He's going to use all of the time.

We'll know soon...

Edited by FunkedUp

Jaromir Jagr News: No Decision Yet As Talks With Red Wings, Penguins Continue

Jaromir Jagr watch will continue until at least 6 p.m. on Thursday, according to Petr Svoboda, Jagr's agent. Svoboda spoke with MLive's Ansar Khan this afternoon and said this:

"No decisions have been made,'' Svoboda said. "We're talking a lot. Nothing is going to happen before 6 p.m.''

Asked if he anticipated a decision today, Svoboda said: "I don't have a crystal ball. I don't know.''

Khan reports that Svoboda is speaking to both the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins, as well as other teams. The Montreal Canadiens have been mentioned as being in the mix before, so it's possible they are one of the other teams in contact with Jagr's agent. A team from the KHL could also still be trying to lure Jagr back to Russia for another season.

Svoboda said that there's a chance Jagr's decision could be made on Thursday at some point. There are obviously no guarantees, but Red Wings general manager Ken Holland has said before that he wants a decision before free agency opens. Considering free agency starts at noon on Friday, time is running out.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-red-wings/2011/6/30/2252863/jaromir-jagr-news-no-decision-yet-as-talks-with-red-wings-penguins

Guest CaliWingsNut

Hrm... Kenny is talking on NHL Live today at 4. That is recorded in NY.....

with jagr, it is pretty obvious what would drive his decision: city population.

omsk is just over a million, pittsburgh has as twice as much and positive dynamic. detroit's population is as twice as much as pittsburgh, negative dynamic though.

he's screwed all girls in omsk. now he looks at better chance in detroit, but he misses his pittsburg's girls.

as you see, it is tough decision he has to make.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Hrm... Kenny is talking on NHL Live today at 4. That is recorded in NY.....

Guess he's just on the phone :(

12 teams have been in contact? I can see why he's taking his time. If I had put out applications to 3 companies and 9 others expressed an interest in me, I'd be at least looking into what they had to say.

I also understand why he would consider going back to Russia. Think of it from a Detroit point of view- if you were from Detroit, and you had taken jobs in Oslo, Rome, Lisbon, and Timbuktu, and then you got an offer in Toronto, wouldn't you take it? You'd be closer to home, the culture would be more familiar, and you'd be able to read half of what was on the cereal boxes. I don't see why people nag the Europeans/Russians for going back to their hemisphere.

"This is obviously a tough decision for Jaromir," Svoboda told the newspaper. "His heart is in Pittsburgh."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110630/SPORTS0103/106300464/Wings’-Ken-Holland-not-sure-about-Jaromir-Jagr’s-status#ixzz1Qo5drWcs

Nobody's called me from Deetroit to ask what I think, but after this stupid-ass media swarm and his cutesy coyness about the whole thing, he can take a whole bag of Pittsburgh pucks and stick them where nuthin' would shine. <_<