• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

#261 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

I will say that if jagr actually does out hustle Hudler and play with more effort he better out score him by a decent margin. Jagr has a lot more skill, size and a better shot. He also would receive more ice time in that case.

So in part in definitely expecting Jagr to out score Hudler, due to skill and size alone.

One thing Jagr will not be confused with, is a tireless worker, even in his prime, he's always been a little lazy... but like you just touched on, due to his supreme size, skill and shot, it hasn't hurt him too much... with that said, that's one of the only advantages he has going for him, is that his game was always based off of ability to hold onto the puck, good positioning and incredible accuracy (passing and shooting) and fortunately, those things don't decline the same with age as speed and strong defensive players...

Edited by stevkrause, 21 June 2011 - 02:41 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#262 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

His last season in the NHL he played every game, lead the team in points and was tied for 2nd in +/-. The Rangers that year told him to play defense and he did, albeit average defense, he still did. Not to mention, he and Gomez were basically the only guys to show any heart that season.Hell, he dominated in the playoffs posting 15 points in 10 games. If Lundy didn't choke it up in the playoffs, they had a great shot at meeting us in the Finals.

I'd STILL give Hudler an edge on speed and work ethic and needless to say, those aren't exactly his strong suits...

+/- doesn't always equal good defense, especially for a forward, and a scoring forward at that... keep in mind, Hudler is also a career + player in the regular season and the playoffs...

once again, I'd still probably take Jagr at 1.5 over Hudler at 2.8, but lets not make Jagr out to be something he's not, especially 3 years later and 3 years removed from NHL play...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#263 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6686396

"Obviously Mario (Lemieux) is the owner. The team they got, (Sidney) Crosby and (Evgeni) Malkin, plus other great players, if I went there it would be a lot easier," added Jagr, speaking to ESPN.com via cell phone from his native Czech Republic. "But on the other side, Detroit has great players and play closer to my style, a Euro style. That's a plus. And (Nicklas) Lidstrom is there, plus (Pavel) Datsyuk and (Henrik) Zetterberg -- great, great players."

#264 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

I'd STILL give Hudler an edge on speed and work ethic and needless to say, those aren't exactly his strong suits...

+/- doesn't always equal good defense, especially for a forward, and a scoring forward at that... keep in mind, Hudler is also a career + player in the regular season and the playoffs...

once again, I'd still probably take Jagr at 1.5 over Hudler at 2.8, but lets not make Jagr out to be something he's not, especially 3 years later and 3 years removed from NHL play...

I know that about the +/- thing, but I was touching on the fact that the Rangers told him to play defense that year, and he did. The +/- thing was to show that even at 35 years of age, he was still a beast and still dominated on the ice. Jagr is much faster than Hudler, go back and watch the Worlds to see that, not to mention he has tremendous work ethic. Don't confuse lack luster defense with a poor work ethic. You can't have poor work ethic to be a dominant hockey player at nearly 40 years of age.

But as stated Jagr @ 1.5-2mil > Hudler at 2.8mil

Edited by Konnan511, 21 June 2011 - 02:53 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#265 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Is it even legal to offer a deal to jagr before july 1st?

#266 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Where does it say that the wings offered 2 mill for Jagr?

#267 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Yes, but I don't think it'd start until July 5th or something?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#268 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

yes, because he's already an UFA, whereas other players that are currently under contract don't become UFA's until 7/1 when their current contracts expire

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#269 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

kinda sucks that we probably won't have an answer by today, but I'm thinking tom. it will finally be resolved.

#270 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

kinda sucks that we probably won't have an answer by today, but I'm thinking tom. it will finally be resolved.

I think his decision won't come until Fri before the draft...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#271 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

Oh Mario, please offer him more!

I thought the experiment to bring over the hill, old veterans from other team ended with Mike Modano.

#272 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Attached File  Jagr.jpg   9.23KB   26 downloads

#273 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

yes, because he's already an UFA, whereas other players that are currently under contract don't become UFA's until 7/1 when their current contracts expire

cool, thanks.

#274 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

ARE YOU F-KING KIDDING ME?!!

I was out of town and away from internet for a couple of days. And now I am shocked and terrified when I saw the development on this story. I have almost vomit when I read 'Wings offered 2 mils'...

ARE YOU F-KING KIDDING???!!!

This idiot himself has to pay Wings no less than $2 mils to play for the team and he has to pay for a couple thousand season tickets and give it away for charity and then, and only then Wings may consider him...

Mr. Holland, please PASS ON!!! Please do not ruin Nick's last year and his run for the Cup!!!

#275 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

I was out of town and away from internet for a couple of days. And now I am shocked and terrified when I saw the development on this story. I have almost vomit when I read 'Wings offered 2 mils'...

This idiot himself has to pay Wings no less than $2 mils to play for the team and he has to pay for a couple thousand season tickets and give it away for charity and then, and only then Wings may consider him...

Mr. Holland, please PASS ON!!! Please do not ruin Nick's last year and his run for the Cup!!!

Overreact much?

#276 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

The reason Pit really cannot offer Jagr a lot more is even with the Cap going to $64M, they only have $7M available with 6 players to sign in including Tyler Kennedy. Is Kennedy going to cost them $7m? of course not, but Detroit has $16M available and can easily go up to $3M if they wanted to. I am aboard with having Jagr here, he can't hurt this team any adn as long as someone (ahem, couch cough, Hudler, cough) is traded, we don't risk losing Miller/Mursak or Emmerton...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#277 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

Not sure how I feel if he joins. If he does join, I know I'm expecting at least ~40 points that we were suppose to get from Modano last season. But who knows what we'll get from a KHL transfer.

#278 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

:blink: Wow....

...when he scores 25-30 goals and has 60+ points, I wonder if people will still be acting this way?
  • ami likes this

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#279 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

No no Jagr and Hudler have a Czech connection it'll be perfect

#280 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Overreact much?

how would you react if your nightmare come true that close?

I just hate this guy, he is latent idiot to say the least.

:blink: Wow....

...when if he scores more than 10 25-30 goals and has 15+ 60+ points, I wonder if people will still be acting this way?

I have what you smoke... and I fixed it for you, above.

Edited by ami, 21 June 2011 - 04:12 PM.