• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

#21 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#22 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Please No! I will pay Ken and Mike $20.00 each NOT to do this!!! Por Favor.

#23 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Please No! I will pay Ken and Mike $20.00 each NOT to do this!!! Por Favor.

ill give him 100 to not do this and then sign Wiz. id add 1000 to get one of Richards or Carter.

#24 Zeke

Zeke

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

This is a Mike Modano signing all over again. :thumbdown:
Crosby plays dress-up

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

This is a Mike Modano signing all over again. :thumbdown:

I don't think I recall there being such a backlash to a rumor before. THere seems to be virtually no one who wants Jagr here.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

I wouldnt mind Jagr for 2m or under. There, I said it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

If he was cheap I think it would be worth it maybe im the only one

#28 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

my problem is that this puts another one of our young guys out of a regular position again.... might as well resign modano, draper, ozzie. seriously. I mean look at other teams: people are shocked that carter is 26 and puts up mad points or that Burns/Weber are so young and talented. The fact is that they had time from a young age to ripen. Our young guys don't come up till they are usually 24 and they don't get much in terms of minutes. Young talented guys are great for everything: keeping, trading for big return, health/injuries, and energy. Don't say that only top 5 picks can make the jump at an earlier age, weber was a 2nd rounder. I want to have more guys like helm and abby that we can count on for the future, forget these "one year wonders" and invest in our youngsters.

#29 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

i would def take him for the right price. he can still produce! unlike modano.. zetterberg datsyuk jagar

if we get jagar hudler has to go for sure

Edited by brett, 15 June 2011 - 11:23 PM.

#30 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

i would def take him for the right price. he can still produce! unlike modano.. zetterberg datsyuk jagar

if we get jagar hudler has to go for sure

Jagr

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#31 TheRedWingsWay

TheRedWingsWay

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

I'd rather have Zherdev if we sign any forwards.

#32 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

Wings are in contact with Jagr per Khan

#33 RippedOnNitro

RippedOnNitro

Rookie

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

Oh great...Modano 2.0, it didn't work past season, it won't work next season. I'll go with young(er) talent...
First round series win: $0 () Second round series win: $0 () Third round series win: $0 () Fourth round series win: $0 () Goal difference: $0 (-3) Shutout difference: $0 (0) SHG difference: $0 (0) Extra points reg. season: $3 (102)

TOTAL COLLECTED: $0 TOTAL BONUS IF STANLEY CUP: $3

#34 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:28 AM

Jagr is in a top shape, and he proved he can play against the very best at this year's WHC, where he was named the best forward. If it's for cca 2M, I'd be estatic. Jagr thrives with a two-way center, he played with Plekanec at the 2011 WHC, and Z and Dats are even better. This could be pretty awesome addition!

#35 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:30 AM

Rather have.

http://www.liquors44....jpg?1201634527

#36 RippedOnNitro

RippedOnNitro

Rookie

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:52 AM

Is it fair to compare his numbers in the KHL with Hudler's numbers in the same year?

Jagr: 51-22-20-42 (0.83 points per game)
Hudler: 54-19-35-54 (1 point per game)

Just saying that I am not impressed with Hudler's game after leaving for the KHL and then returning...
First round series win: $0 () Second round series win: $0 () Third round series win: $0 () Fourth round series win: $0 () Goal difference: $0 (-3) Shutout difference: $0 (0) SHG difference: $0 (0) Extra points reg. season: $3 (102)

TOTAL COLLECTED: $0 TOTAL BONUS IF STANLEY CUP: $3

#37 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

The me from 1994 is all :thumbup: The 2011 version is :thumbdown:

Maybe after Jagr we can get Paul Coffey out of retirement too. What's Brian Leetch up to these days? I hope the rumors of the Wings being in touch with him are only true in so far as they're just humoring him.

#38 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:02 AM

I'm not against signing Jagr, but not at the expense of losing others/young 4th liners that can be claimed off waivers, you get the picture. Getting Draper re-signed (if they do) is more of a priority as well.

I think he could still be useful, but again see above.

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

My brain says that he can still contribute and that if the price is right, it might be a good thing. There's certainly no harm in talking about it.

My heart says that he's far more likely to go back to Pitts since he played there.

My hormones say YES! YES! YES!

#40 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

In another Jagr thread I had said that I don't see how he would fit in with the team and he really isn't a Wings type of player. However, after some thought, if he signs for $3 mil and we drop Hudler, we essentially replace Hudler with Jagr, which, in my opinion, would be a very nice upgrade. Yes, he's 39. Yes, he hasn't been in the NHL for a couple years. But we're pretty thin at wing and I don't think its unreasonable to think he could put up 20-25 goals and get 50-60 points. He's been a point per game player in his last few years in the NHL and in the KHL. I know a lot of people are sour on signing old future hall of famers after the Modano experience, but what are the odds that Jagr will have a serious injury and miss 3 months of the season, which I think had a major impact on his effectiveness with our team. We need a top 6 forward, preferably at wing, a guy that shoots more than passes and as a bonus he could come relatively cheap. Definitely deserves some consideration.