• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

#501 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:34 AM

Yeah looks like Jagr is going to the Pens. At least, that's the impression I get from the tone of the compilation of articles from Malik's blog these past few days.

#502 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

The offer from the Wings is rumored to be 2 million on twitter.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#503 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

Yeah looks like Jagr is going to the Pens. At least, that's the impression I get from the tone of the compilation of articles from Malik's blog these past few days.

Well you've gotta think that it's a two-horse race at this point and Shero has claimed that today will be decision day. I guess we'll know more if the Pens walk.

I hope the Wings walk, too.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#504 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

For what its worth...

Jagr on way to U.S., decision nears

Jagr is not expected to arrive in the U.S. until at least 3:30 p.m. Svoboda said he expects to know Jagr's decision within an hour of his arrival.

He's having a conversation with Holland this afternoon, but all indications are he's going to Pittsburgh. Blah.

#505 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:47 AM

Good. We don't need a 39 year old player coming from an inferior league trying to capture glory through riding on the wings coat tails. I'm bitter towards players who bolt the NHL for a payday. That's like a fish leaving a lake for a pond. I'd rather have someone who has heart and desire for the game and not the green. The Guy used to make 11 million a year, why in gods name would you need anymore money than that?

#506 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

I don't know man, a million dollars is a million dollars no matter how you cut it. I don't care how many millions you've had before that.

I mean - at CVS the other day I was just asked to donate 1 dollar to some charity. I didn't do it. And i'm probably not the only one. So who am I to judge?
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.

#507 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

If a European player goes off to their own hemisphere to be closer to home, I don't hold it against him. If the money's better, I don't hold that against him either.

Guys like Miller and Raffy have been really happy to come home to Michigan to play for the Wings. Even if it's just the same continent, it still has to be sort of a homecoming for the guys that have been playing over here and go back.

I'm not going to tell people where to live. I've moved around way too much in life for that, and if someone offered me more money, I'd sure think about moving again.

#508 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

‎"@sportsnetbroph: If Jagr signs with Penguins today, I am hearing it will be for around $2.1 million"

#509 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Might just be me, but it seems that the Pitt papers have been boasting this whole Jagr thing like theyre trying to scare everyone off. I dont believe its nearly as one sided as this guy from the trib makes it seem.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#510 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

‎"@sportsnetbroph: If Jagr signs with Penguins today, I am hearing it will be for around $2.1 million"

2.1 mil is the money that turd Matt Cooke loses in salary from all his suspensions in a season.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#511 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

The offer from the Wings is rumored to be 2 million on twitter.

Where did that rumor come from? I haven't seen anything about that.

#512 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

I bet the dollar difference between what the Wings offered and what Jagr ends up signing for in Pitts is less than $500K.

I also bet there will be a lot of people pissed off about it.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#513 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

I understand what your saying but its the fact he left the best league in the world for easy money. It doesn't make the NHL look so good when some of your star players leave for a smaller league. Thinking about how long it would take me to spend one million dollars. It would take quite a few years spending how I normally would. 11 million per, not including his contract before that is ALOT of money. Depending on how much you make it could take 20 years to save just one million. That's crazy! All I am saying is that he is set for life and then went to Europe, that I understand.But he is coming back at the same time his euro team is having money issues. How greedy can you get?

#514 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

Russian Sports Website saying Jagr signed with Pitts for 1.4M/1Yr

http://news.sportbox...-stal-pingvinom

I am not sure how reliable that is though since I dont believe his flight has even landed yet.. but who knows.

Edited by GSBrooks13, 29 June 2011 - 09:30 AM.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#515 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

I understand what your saying but its the fact he left the best league in the world for easy money. It doesn't make the NHL look so good when some of your star players leave for a smaller league. Thinking about how long it would take me to spend one million dollars. It would take quite a few years spending how I normally would. 11 million per, not including his contract before that is ALOT of money. Depending on how much you make it could take 20 years to save just one million. That's crazy! All I am saying is that he is set for life and then went to Europe, that I understand.But he is coming back at the same time his euro team is having money issues. How greedy can you get?

Jagr has gambled alot of his money away which is well documented. I don't think he is broke mind you. But he does has a severe gambling addiction. Plus he spends alot of money on hairspray.

Russian Sports Website saying Jagr signed with Pitts for 1.4M/1Yr

http://news.sportbox...-stal-pingvinom

I am not sure how reliable taht is though since I dont believe his flight has even landed yet.. but who knows.

The source is about as reliable as Eklund is. That being said, I would not be surprised if it's true.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 29 June 2011 - 09:26 AM.

#516 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

Let him go to Pitt. I would have liked the extra fire power on the Wings but if he really wants to go back to Pittsburgh that bad then let him. I think he could have given us a boost but I rather shore up the D and just bring another guy in. Yes it will cost a little more but it could be someone we could keep around.

Not going to lie. I hope he flops in Pittsburgh, and that he butts heads with Crosby and Malkin... I just don't like the Pens simple as that haha

Wouldn't mind seeing Crosby get hurt again and Jagr have to carry a big load for the team like he was asking not to do.

#517 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

#JAGRWATCH: @plysenkov Pavel Lysenkov RT by wyshynski
Agent Zidek told me, today Jagr will make decision. He has three offers - Pittsburgh, Detroit, Omsk...
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#518 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

#JAGRWATCH: @plysenkov Pavel Lysenkov RT by wyshynski
Agent Zidek told me, today Jagr will make decision. He has three offers - Pittsburgh, Detroit, Omsk...

Rumour also has it that Garth Snow has offered Jagr the league max but he is still leaning towards the Pens.

#519 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

You're obviously right in the points you are making - it's just that you and I live in a different world than the rest of these guys. Sure those million dollars look mind boggling to us, but the truth is, we have a bit of a bias, ya know? I mean, day in and day out you see athletes go for more money. Are they flawed? Well, as flawed as the next guy. Its easy for us to be critics on the sideline - no one is asking us to decide between 7 million or 9 million. But SO MANY atheletes go for the bigger pay check. In Detroit, we see the exception FAR MORE than the rest of the world and I think that makes us jaded. But guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom and Rafalski are special cases. They have certain ties that they can trade off in place of a little extra money. The same for Tom Izzo. The only reason why he didn't leave East Lansing was because he valued where his roots were and the ties he's made there.
Jagr doesn't have those ties. He was born in the Czech Republic, drafted by Pitt and then played for Washington and NY. Who does he owe? Sure the NHL is the best league in the world - but he's one of the best players in the world. He doesn't owe you, nor I any favors - and who are we to blame him for something that we might (read: probably) do given the same situation?
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.

#520 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Jagr: 19 goals in KHL last year

Chris Simon: 16 goals in KHL last year
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors