• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

#581 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

I don't anticipate Holland using up all of our cap space this offseason. So, over paying for Jagr for 1 year I think is ok. But 4 mil is a stretch. I thought 2 mil would be fair, so 3 mil should be considered overpayment that could be justified. 4 mil? Not so much.
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.

#582 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

I don't anticipate Holland using up all of our cap space this offseason. So, over paying for Jagr for 1 year I think is ok. But 4 mil is a stretch. I thought 2 mil would be fair, so 3 mil should be considered overpayment that could be justified. 4 mil? Not so much.

How is 3 mil justified overpayment for a 39 year old forward?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#583 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

http://www.ustream.t...annel/jagrwatch

ahahahahah

#584 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

who else are the wings targeting as a top 6 forward?

#585 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

Not true. He is not under contract with any NHL team, therefore there are no rules against saying he was going to sign.

Oksy. So let me rephrase Maj.. and no offense to you... you, I like.

This bulls*** can f*** off.
Jagr can f*** off.
I like this signing, if it is with the Wings, as much as I liked the Modano signing which is NOT AT ALL.

I hope he signs with Pitts. Has his fun. Has his farewell, and goes off to "GM" his Slovak team.
Good luck and piss off.

As I originally said in this thread: DO. NOT. WANT.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#586 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

How is 3 mil justified overpayment for a 39 year old forward?

I'll tell you how -

Because there is no one on the FA market that we will be adding this season to take up the available 16 mil. And because the Red Wings would spend over the cap if they could - spending an extra mil on one of the best players to ever lace em up can be justified since we won't be threatening the cap limit.

Now, a team like Florida who operates below the cap, they can't ever justify that kind of scenario. Get it?
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.

#587 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

I'll tell you how -

Because there is no one on the FA market that we will be adding this season to take up the available 16 mil. And because the Red Wings would spend over the cap if they could - spending an extra mil on one of the best players to ever lace em up can be justified since we won't be threatening the cap limit.

Now, a team like Florida who operates below the cap, they can't ever justify that kind of scenario. Get it?

I get what you're trying to get at, no need to worry about that.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#588 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

Best thing I heard all day...

"We're not learning as much about "Jagr watch" as we are about "Jagr time," and time moves VERY SLOWLY in Jags' world."- Malik

:hehe:

EDIT: it combined the posts... I don't think this is the best thing i have heard at all. In fact it is most likely awful news...
Jagr says no to s***tsburgh.

Prepare to see Jagr Trend on Twitter...

Edited by Majsheppard, 29 June 2011 - 07:24 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#589 kingzetter

kingzetter

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:25 PM

He needs to give an answer so that way kenny gets his head out of his ass abd does somthing

#590 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

He needs to give an answer so that way kenny gets his head out of his ass abd does somthing

Ughhhhh... Seriously, you think this is why Holland isn't getting in on trades?!?!?!

He isn't because what is the point in trading picks for free agents? July 1st he will do things. /endrant

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#591 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

http://www.freep.com...ed-his-NHL-team

Jagr has gone missing, send out the search party! Start in Marios basement! I hear thats where Mar and Cindy like to "jump" the new guys in.

#592 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

riveting thriller about the upcoming return of Jaromir Jagr in the NHL has come to a single outcome. What team nods is not clear, but according to information Sport star striker rejected the offer Pittsburgh! And choose other options, the closest to Detroit.

God I love Google Translate...

#593 kingzetter

kingzetter

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

Ughhhhh... Seriously, you think this is why Holland isn't getting in on trades?!?!?!

He isn't because what is the point in trading picks for free agents? July 1st he will do things. /endrant

Might not be anything left come july 1st

#594 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

My link

Might not be anything left come july 1st

So, in what way does that have anything to do with Jagr?

#595 kingzetter

kingzetter

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

My link

Might as well sign someone lol...jm..

So, in what way does that have anything to do with Jagr?

#596 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Nejlbíže can't be translated... anyone know what this means?

Nejlbíže to Detroit...

This is so funny how different our boards are taking this over Pitts boards...

They are flipping out, we are like meh.

#597 kingzetter

kingzetter

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

Nejlbíže can't be translated... anyone know what this means?

Nejlbíže to Detroit...

This is so funny how different our boards are taking this over Pitts boards...

They are flipping out, we are like meh.

Lol..not showing up on google

#598 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

I think it means Nearer.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#599 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

http://www.freep.com...ed-his-NHL-team

Jagr has gone missing, send out the search party! Start in Marios basement! I hear thats where Mar and Cindy like to "jump" the new guys in.

There was something about turtles.

#600 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

No. Just, no...