• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

#101 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

If Jagr comes to Detroit I will VOMIT repeatedly. If Holland is a smart GM he will say Piss Off Jaromir go back to Russia.

I understand why everybody is afraid of Jagr but please be kind enough to add options to make our team better then.

The way I see itt adding jagr adds a vet presence that has size and a known game of puck possession. He could come here and supply as little as 40 or so points and for around 2 million that makes our team a lot better. It also leaves us a lot of room to fill all of our main needs. Like replacing Rafalski and Ericsson. Also to put something in perspective, Jagr is asking for less money the Big E is, so I'm thinking it is a pretty good deal.

I'm just curious what all you other arm chair GM's would do instead of of jagr that would bring us more of an attack and size up front, while leaving enough money to fill our void on the back end?

#102 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
I say we offer him about $1 million. Nothing more and that's it 2 or 3 years at max. I don't see him bringing anything to this team we don't already have. We need to save the cap space for a top 4 defensemen. I am infuriated that Ken is even thinking about this. I just don't see what he is going to bring to the team that we don't already have.

He'll never take $1 mil. Talking to him is a waste of time if Holland thinks someone like Jagr will take so little. What Jagr would bring to the team is at the very least depth at wing, a position that is weak and is probably why Babcock believes we need a top six forward. My thoughts on this is that they'll sign him for at most $3 mil and trade/waive/buyout Hudler. That way they are essentially replacing Hudler with Jagr. That's a pretty good upgrade.

#103 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

He'll never take $1 mil. Talking to him is a waste of time if Holland thinks someone like Jagr will take so little. What Jagr would bring to the team is at the very least depth at wing, a position that is weak and is probably why Babcock believes we need a top six forward. My thoughts on this is that they'll sign him for at most $3 mil and trade/waive/buyout Hudler. That way they are essentially replacing Hudler with Jagr. That's a pretty good upgrade.

I agree with the Hudler proposition. If Jagar has any left in the tank, it's maybe 2 years at best. I know he wouldn't sign for a million, that's why I suggested it. Can anyone get his stats from Russia. I mean I know Russia doesn't have what the NHL has but if he is performing and putting up some points, maybe he will be worth trading Huds and getting him. Also, if he is older, isn't he more prone to injuries!?!? What happens if we get him and he gets hurt first 2 weeks....it was a waste. I just think the risks outweigh the potential rewards here.

Show me his stats and prove me wrong please! I want the Wings to be better, I just don't know if picking up Jagar alone or swapping him and Huds is what the Wings need to make a run next year.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#104 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

man, blueadams needs to get checked out.... this is blueadams female version: substitute cats for line threads.

nobody loves you, dirtydangles

#105 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

I understand why everybody is afraid of Jagr but please be kind enough to add options to make our team better then.

The way I see itt adding jagr adds a vet presence that has size and a known game of puck possession. He could come here and supply as little as 40 or so points and for around 2 million that makes our team a lot better. It also leaves us a lot of room to fill all of our main needs. Like replacing Rafalski and Ericsson. Also to put something in perspective, Jagr is asking for less money the Big E is, so I'm thinking it is a pretty good deal.

I'm just curious what all you other arm chair GM's would do instead of of jagr that would bring us more of an attack and size up front, while leaving enough money to fill our void on the back end?

I think Kenny could find someone better for just as much or maybe even less $$$$. I see the point you're making but in my opnion the Wings need to start getting younger. Fine if we need another Vet but let's go after one in the Free Agent Market other than him. Let's not forget he played in Russia last season so it would be the same type of deal like Nabokov wouldn't it? He would have to be open to all the other teams to pick up before he could actually come to Detroit or is that wrong? Either way I think we can fill a Vet spot with someone a little bit better.

I say we offer him about $1 million. Nothing more and that's it 2 or 3 years at max. I don't see him bringing anything to this team we don't already have. We need to save the cap space for a top 4 defensemen. I am infuriated that Ken is even thinking about this. I just don't see what he is going to bring to the team that we don't already have.

AMEN!!!! I couln't agree more!!!!

#106 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

might as well bring hasek back too

46gp 23W 19L 3otl 1312sog 112ga 1200sv 91.5s% 2.48gaa 7 SO 2710:42 TOI

as for jagr

49gp 19g 31a 50pts 6 +/- 48PIM 11EQG 8PPG 0SHG 1OTG 2GWG 0SDS 166SOG 11.4SOG% 3.4SOGAVG 4FO 2FOW 50.0FO% 18:38TPI/G 21.7SFT/G

I think he would be an upgrade over modano for sure. He can shoot and hold the puck better and from one of his videos he doesnt mind physical play. Only downside is lazy and s***ty defense. 1.5mil max otherwise pass.

otherwise get zherdev. still young maybe the wings could get through to him and make him less lazy and smarter defensively he could be the superstar he wants to be. hes got a great shot.

or if you really want to make me happy carter! sniper! when mule decides to play like a ***** or get hurt

Edited by brett, 17 June 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#107 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

I agree with the Hudler proposition. If Jagar has any left in the tank, it's maybe 2 years at best. I know he wouldn't sign for a million, that's why I suggested it. Can anyone get his stats from Russia. I mean I know Russia doesn't have what the NHL has but if he is performing and putting up some points, maybe he will be worth trading Huds and getting him. Also, if he is older, isn't he more prone to injuries!?!? What happens if we get him and he gets hurt first 2 weeks....it was a waste. I just think the risks outweigh the potential rewards here.

Show me his stats and prove me wrong please! I want the Wings to be better, I just don't know if picking up Jagar alone or swapping him and Huds is what the Wings need to make a run next year.

Jagr has been a point per game player in the KHL and apparently had a good showing in the WC, as I've heard.
Jagr stats

He is older, of course, but I mean, Lidstrom is older too, should we not sign him? Jagr could very well get injured in the first two weeks of the season, but you run that risk every year with everyone. We signed Franzen to a lifetime contract in '09 and at the beginning of the next year he injures his knee and is out for 55 games. Same thing happened with Derian Hatcher. You can't sign or not sign people because you think they might get hurt, else you wouldn't sign anyone. I don't know how Jagr would do with the Wings, but based his last few NHL seasons and what he's done in the KHL, he HAS to be better than Hudler. I think if he comes in, replaces Hudler and puts up 25 goals, 50-60 points, its a successful move.

#108 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

as for jagr

49gp 19g 31a 50pts 6 +/- 48PIM 11EQG 8PPG 0SHG 1OTG 2GWG 0SDS 166SOG 11.4SOG% 3.4SOGAVG 4FO 2FOW 50.0FO% 18:38TPI/G 21.7SFT/G

If he is putting up 49 pts in 19 games, I think he'll put up maybe 55 in the NHL. I know 49 pts in 19gm looks amazing but we can all agree that the talent level in the KHL is nothing what it is in the NHL. We saw how long it took Hudler to change from the KHL to the NHL this season. I'm not sure he ever really got going. If he comes over, how long is it going to take him to transition back to the NHL and do we have the roster space to put a guy on the ice just to see if he develops and can bring us the 50-60 pts we are looking for from a wing? I personally think we need a guy who is going to step on the ice ready to perform and the ability to compete here immediately.

Jagr has been a point per game player in the KHL and apparently had a good showing in the WC, as I've heard.
Jagr stats

He is older, of course, but I mean, Lidstrom is older too, should we not sign him? Jagr could very well get injured in the first two weeks of the season, but you run that risk every year with everyone. We signed Franzen to a lifetime contract in '09 and at the beginning of the next year he injures his knee and is out for 55 games. Same thing happened with Derian Hatcher. You can't sign or not sign people because you think they might get hurt, else you wouldn't sign anyone. I don't know how Jagr would do with the Wings, but based his last few NHL seasons and what he's done in the KHL, he HAS to be better than Hudler. I think if he comes in, replaces Hudler and puts up 25 goals, 50-60 points, its a successful move.

^THIS

I think this sums up the entire problem here. If we can get him and he can outperform Hudler, take him at the right price. I'm just scared of the transitioning period.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#109 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

Jagr reminds me quite a bit of Fedorov and in some cases the Lang of yore. He has long had quite a substantial amount of talent but he coasts and slacks off at bad times in his two-way game and is way too demanding to justify the contract he'd likely want. Adding to that, very old. If Kenny were to by some chance sign him I would cheer for him as a Red Wing, however, I am greatly opposed to him joining this team as I don't think he can benefit this team enough to justify the likely cost.

#110 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Um no. You don't offer a guy over 35 a multi year deal.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#111 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:34 PM

Um no. You don't offer a guy over 35 a multi year deal.

I'm just curious, is that a personal preference or is there some rule that you are referring to? I am just curious what angle ya taking on that.

#112 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

I'm just curious, is that a personal preference or is there some rule that you are referring to? I am just curious what angle ya taking on that.

If the guy retires before his contract expires, the cap remains on the books for the remainder of the contract.

Posted Image

#113 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

If he is putting up 49 pts in 19 games, I think he'll put up maybe 55 in the NHL. I know 49 pts in 19gm looks amazing but we can all agree that the talent level in the KHL is nothing what it is in the NHL. We saw how long it took Hudler to change from the KHL to the NHL this season. I'm not sure he ever really got going. If he comes over, how long is it going to take him to transition back to the NHL and do we have the roster space to put a guy on the ice just to see if he develops and can bring us the 50-60 pts we are looking for from a wing? I personally think we need a guy who is going to step on the ice ready to perform and the ability to compete here immediately.

^THIS

I think this sums up the entire problem here. If we can get him and he can outperform Hudler, take him at the right price. I'm just scared of the transitioning period.

I wish he was putting up 49 points in 19 games in the KHL. Its 19 goals and 51 points in 49 games...

#114 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

If a player signed a contract post 35, then retires, the contract remains valid and a hit against the cap.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#115 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

That's whats he said.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#116 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

I wish he was putting up 49 points in 19 games in the KHL. Its 19 goals and 51 points in 49 games...

Ahh there we go. I read it wrong.

Pick him up if he can out perform huddler. If he can take some of the attention away from Dats, I think that would be even better. Put him on Dats line and he would have no choice but to be good. That will be the quickest learning curve that he could get back into the NHL.

#117 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

trade hudler and bring in jagr to replace him. just dont overpay him. something like $0 would be good for a guy like him.

#118 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

He might do okay playing with Datsyuk, but only on the principle that everyone plays well with Datsyuk. Honestly I don't see Jagr making any sort of impact playing with anyone else on this roster, he just doesn't work hard enough to be on the bottom lines. So if he's picked up it better be for 1 mil or less to only play next to Datsyuk.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#119 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Jagr in his 05-06 shape, please. I'm not interested to see the current Jagr in Wings uniform. We are old enough.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#120 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

10 years ago, this would have been a no-brainer.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman