• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

Congrats to Timmy Thomas

Rate this topic

da651433b249c92effab4c2968a9e2bf-getty-114958501jh134_boston_bruin.jpg

Ok so it wasn't the Wings, but we got treated to some fantastic goaltending by Tim Thomas. As a hockey fan, it was a joy watching him in the finals. As a Michigan native, also from the Flint area, I can't help but have a special appreciation for this guy. And he'll cap it off next week with a well deserved Vezina. :thumbup:

Where did this guy come from? Totally off the radar until a few years ago. As dominate as Roy and Hasek were in their day. Let's hope he can put a few more years in and collect some more hardware.

No kidding, talk about a late bloomer. But he's awesome and dominant and I don't know anyone who dislikes the guy.

Honestly, I could only be happier if he won it for the Wings. Great finals, great guy.

Not like those Vancouver fans... morons rioting now and throwing things.

This whole series was about the classier people getting rewarded, and that is what I love in sports.

Hope he has an event in Flint, would love to go see him with the Cup

I would expect that he'll bring his 3 trophies to show off at an event at Perani Arena in Flint. Bob Perani got him started in the game, and I believe they are still close, today. The place will have more than enough room for all the people to come out and shower Timmy with praise and try to convince him to come and play for The Wings. ;)

I'll post something as soon as I hear it, as I'm in the Flint area, and read The Journal everyday for my newspaper. I'm betting he will be on todays cover page. :thumbup:

He was beyond stellar and deserves the Vezina this year too...

I agree that he was insane all year, but I wasn't really impressed with the B's throughout the season. Even in the playoffs I often thought they looked beatable, but Timmy was the X factor. Either way, insane year, insane playoffs, and all with a chuckle and a good smile on his face. Seems like a guy that really enjoys where he's at right now.

I am not a Bruins fan nor am I a Canuck fan but I do like Tim Thomas (and that is awesome he's from Michigan). Congrats to him on winning the Stanley Cup and the Conns Smythe, he deserved it. His playoff run was crazy and his stats are unbelievable!

Timmy Thomas has had the best season a goaltender ever has had. If they played him instead of Miller in the Olympics, perhaps he would have joined the triple gold club too... Big IF...

He might not be in the Hall of Fame when his career is over, but this season will be.

Yeah that goal by Crosby on Miller was a good one, but watching the clips online (I cannot find one with a slow-mo replay???) shows me that Thomas might have had a chance. Ah, what could have been...

Also, thats super cool about the Perani/Thomas connection in Flint. I hope he does bring the Cup there this summer/fall!

Yeah that goal by Crosby on Miller was a good one, but watching the clips online (I cannot find one with a slow-mo replay???) shows me that Thomas might have had a chance. Ah, what could have been...

Also, thats super cool about the Perani/Thomas connection in Flint. I hope he does bring the Cup there this summer/fall!

I buy my stuff there! I wonder if I can be a late bloomer in the NHL!! :lol: (not serious folks)

Congrads Timmy! I have been a big fan of this guy for awhile now. He struggled at the beginning of the year and then took over when Rask started to decline. I too live near the Flint area and would LOVE to see Timmy T bring Stanley back to its home!! Maybe Holland can convince him to sit behind Jimmy Howard next year :ph34r: Just Kiddin!