• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

Congrats to Timmy Thomas

Rate this topic

Easiest Conn Smythe pick since Zetterberg, if not farther back. He was absolutely lights out, and is well deserving of the playoff MVP nod. 8 goals in the final 8 games? Unbelievable.

Congrats to Tim!

It was great to see Tim win the Conn Smythe and the Cup!! He definetly deserves it. I'm thrilled the Bruins won the Cup there is at least 3 players on th Bruins that has a Michigan Connection. Tim Thomas being From Flint Michigan. Mark Recchi played for the old Muskegon Lumberjacks in the old IHL and Chris Kelly played for the Muskegon Fury in the UHL so it was definetly great to see all of them get the Cup. Nice work Timmy Thomas and the Boston Bruins Congrats!!

1: Always good when an O6 team wins, no doubt about that, if it isn't the Wings glad it could be an O6.

2: Glad it was the B's, it is fun to live in this area and be a sports fan, people live and die with their teams, I spent every game night of the playoffs texting with buddies about the game.

3: Tim Thomas was the man, no other way to say it. Luongo gave up more goals in 2 games than Thomas did in the series.

Now to my point, after Bobby Lou ran his mouth, am I the only one who found myself thinking: "hmmm, pretty sure Thomas makes that save."

I mean he was so deep in the net it is like he is allergic to white paint.

Tim Thomas played inspired, hard nose, aggressive hockey and it was fun to watch him outshine the entire Van team himself.

Very well deserved Conn Smythe Win or lose, but glad he got the W!

Chara has played a huge role in bringing Lord Stanley's Cup back to the city we call The Hub of Hockey. I think his numbers will speak for themselves versus the other guys.

Clearly his numbers did speak for themselves... as the 3rd best defenceman in the NHL this season ;)

Timmy Thomas has had the best season a goaltender ever has had.

I think you are forgetting the existence of George Hainsworth when you say that. In a three season stretch, he played every single game (132 games, or 3 44-game seasons) and recorded 49 shutouts along with a 76-32-24 record. In the 1928-29 season he posted 22 shutouts in 44 games, allowing only 43 goals on the season.

Incredible year, yes. Best year ever? No.

In the 1928-29 season he posted 22 shutouts in 44 games, allowing only 43 goals on the season.

I guess we all forgot to pull out our Beta machines to watch old Georgie's fine ass season he put together. But thank you for your warlock wizardry of knowledge of all things great (ie. Hudler stuff) :thumbup:

Stellar season nonetheless for Mr. Thomas.